E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Pure Highway DAB Radio

05-25-2010, 02:22 PM   #1
jwbmw
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XF S

Garage List
Pure Highway DAB Radio

Do any of you have a Pure Highway DAB Car Radio?

I understand that there are issues with the aerial but what I would like to know is - if it is left in the glove box with an Aux in connection and car power supply, will it automatically switch on and tune into the station last used on the previous journey?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 02:03 PM   #2
Boyd1963
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 320d e92

Garage List
Sep 2011 E92  [0.00]
I tried every portable DAB on the market including the Pure Highway which I wasnt very impressed with. I must admit that I cannot remember if it automatically powered on with the last station.

I currently use a Clarity CDAB7-AUTO DAB car radio with a Kinetic DMA-1002 aerial.

http://www.dabonwheels.co.uk/Clarity...car_radio.html

I keep the magnetic aerial stuck upside down on my boot lid and run the cable under the back seat and into the arm rest where I have the radio permanently connected. As soon I turn on the ignition the radio starts and it alway remembers the last station (Planet Rock). It is plugged into the aux-in.

I have found this to be a pretty good solution expecially on the motorway where I never lose signal. Around town it can be a bit hit and miss. It works extremely well if the aerial is stuck onto the boot lid on the outside but I was worried about it scratching the paint.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 02:19 PM   #3
jwbmw
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XF S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd1963 View Post
I tried every portable DAB on the market including the Pure Highway which I wasnt very impressed with. I must admit that I cannot remember if it automatically powered on with the last station.

I currently use a Clarity CDAB7-AUTO DAB car radio with a Kinetic DMA-1002 aerial.

http://www.dabonwheels.co.uk/Clarity...car_radio.html

I keep the magnetic aerial stuck upside down on my boot lid and run the cable under the back seat and into the arm rest where I have the radio permanently connected. As soon I turn on the ignition the radio starts and it alway remembers the last station (Planet Rock). It is plugged into the aux-in.

I have found this to be a pretty good solution expecially on the motorway where I never lose signal. Around town it can be a bit hit and miss. It works extremely well if the aerial is stuck onto the boot lid on the outside but I was worried about it scratching the paint.
Brilliant, just saved me the cost of sat nav, tv and DAB if I go for a 5 series! It is ridiculous that you have to pay for 3k of options in a 5 er to get DAB as a factory fit option as opposed to 300 quid in the E9x
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 02:22 PM   #4
Boyd1963
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 320d e92

Garage List
Sep 2011 E92  [0.00]
£3k is madness! Glad that I was able to help.
Appreciate 0