E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Got Rear-Ended on Monday. Came here to Vent and some advice.

07-15-2009, 10:08 AM   #1
Sejo5
Sejo5
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Comp

Got Rear-Ended on Monday. Came here to Vent and some advice.

Monday around 6pm, I was driving on Passaic ave in Fairfield NJ on my way to NY to visit my sister for dinner. I came upto a red light where there was already 2 vehicles in front of me waiting for the light to turn green. As soon as i looked down in my armrest to grab my IPOD, i get slammed from the back by a Women in her 40's pushing me forward 2 car lengths. Lucky for me the vehicles in front has left before the hit. I put the car in park to check out the damage and call the police so they can create a report. The lady that hit me in her huge Chrylser Minivan said she was sorry, and she took her eyes off the road for a second. Well the insurance and police has all put the blame on her. The damage that was done are listed below.

Trunk is completely damaged - almost bending it in half.
Rear Bumper - completely damaged
Tail Lights - Destroyed both sides.
Exhaust - She has hit my Remus Power sound exhaust and broke one of the tips off, i also believe that there is a break in the mid-pipe somewhere cause it sounds like a deisel..
The inside of the Trunk- there looks to be some frame damage not sure how bad.

The question is i have checked on Tischer's website for all the parts and how much it would cost to replace these, does the insurance get the prices straight from the Dealers Parts department? cause i know the dealers prices are much more expensive then lets say getting the parts online? Cause i really would like to get

Trunk -> CSL type Carbon Fiber.
Tail Lights -> Blacklines - Ones crashed was the Euro LED version.
Exhaust - BMW performance exhaust
Bumper - Mtech rear Bumper.

Is this possible without shelling out more cash? Can the insurance cut me the check directly instead of the shop so i can purchase all the parts? And if they do, and there is more unseen issues can the shop call them and request to pay for that as well?

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 10:18 AM   #2
JaysBlueE92
Mr. Monaco
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slow..

Garage List
2007 E92  [5.00]
If you know someone who owns a body shop you should be ok. As far as the insurance company cutting you a check directly, that is not often the case. Either way, sorry to hear about this. I had a similar experience not so long ago (minvan driver also ). Hang in there, and look forward to getting her all fixed up again
      07-15-2009, 10:32 AM   #3
TL
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Happy on H&R coil overs

Garage List
2008 335xi  [1.00]
Sorry to hear about the accident. good thing you're still in one piece and not suffering any whip lash.

It all depends on your insurance...some would cut you a check on the spot and some don't. as for all the aftermarket parts, as long as you have your receipts you should be all set.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 10:36 AM   #4
Bangthemidget
Banned
Rep
Drives: soon

Sue her ass... and get a 100k car in the next 3years
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 10:44 AM   #5
Sejo5
Sejo5
United_States
Rep

thanks guys. Does anyone know any good body shop around the jersey area that can work with me?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 11:08 AM   #6
Enjoiyourlife
Sensei
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Hey man I just got my car back from the body shop her in CA. Got rear ended.

As far as parts went, I was only able to order OEM parts - so i sprung for the Mtec rear and had to pay the difference between the original bumper and the Mtec which was about $468 painted and installed.

So I'm not sure if you will be able to pick up a CSL trunk but if you find a cool shop that is willing to work with aftermarket parts, awesome! I don't really see a problem with you paying out of pocket a bit for the BMW performance exhaust.

The bodyshop was unwilling to buy from Tischer..

The insurance company did not cut me a check directly, but it has been done with my coworkers before.

Good luck and I'm sorry to hear about this. It really is a pain in the ass.
      07-15-2009, 11:27 AM   #7
jfarnkopf
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

Mva

you should ask your insurance company which BMW dealers they work with. then they will send out an adjuster and he will give you an estimate on the repair. depending on if your insurance works directly with the dealership or not, the check will be made out to them or you.
i just got rear ended and have NJM insurance. I wanted to buy the parts from Paul Miller and have the work done at their collision center. NJM told me that they work with JMK BMW and said that it would be easier to use them. I had nothing but bad experiences with JMK so the adjuster gave me a quote and mailed me a check. I used to the check to buy the M aero rear end and have Paul Miller install it...thanks to sal and paul miller collision, the car looks beautiful.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 11:42 AM   #8
Sejo5
Sejo5
United_States
Rep

I was actually thinking of bringing my vehicle to Paul Miller since the car was purchased and serviced by them. Im still waiting on the police report so i can put the claim through the Lady's insurance. Im actually having a freind that works in a body shop to create a quote for me, when he comes and checks out the car. Reason why i am not having the car fixed there is that they really work alot on domestic cars and not much experience on BMW's and higher Ends. Just want my car to come out perfect.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 12:54 PM   #9
Joe @ Martino Auto Concepts
Banned
Rep
Drives: Wide Body E92 M3

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [7.00]
Sorry to hear about your accident. We are a BMW Trained & authorized Collision repair facility. We can Pick up & deliver your vehicle w/ one of our flatbeds. We will handle the complete claims process & guarantee the repairs. Please feel free to call me @ 516 676 7985 Thanks Joe Some pics

BTW : sorry for the large pics!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 02:01 PM   #10
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: a couple fast toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangthemidget View Post
Sue her ass... and get a 100k car in the next 3years
+1, when i got rear ended in my g..*HIS*insurance company refused to cut me a check to pay for the aftermarket bumper and exhaust..they said they would only replace it with OEM PARTS!! wtf? ..after much deliberation and the right lawyer though..CHA CHING..somebody wrote a fat check.

get on that!

SGM e92 335xi|Helix|AFE|AWE|PROCEDE|SYNAPSE|ER|OSS|BMW PERFORMANCE|P3|always growing..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 03:26 PM   #11
Bogo Shipyo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

+1 on Martino auto concept

they did a great job on my car
very top notch and professional

good luck with everything

kim
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 03:28 PM   #12
motordean
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3 Convertible

martino auto concepts is hands down the best shop with the most state of the art equipment, factory trained technicians, +++. call joe @ 516-676-7985. your car will come out better than it was before. good luck.
      07-28-2009, 07:34 PM   #13
1N54E92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM F30 M-Sport

Sorry to hear about the accident. My E92 also got hit in the rear by a female driver while I was standing at a red light.

Last edited by 1N54E92; 07-28-2009 at 08:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2009, 08:01 PM   #14
LostMarine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Lying Vendors Crazy

after just seeing that, i would go with martino auto too..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2009, 08:08 PM   #15
Craig@SupremePower
G.O.A.T.!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 GMC Yukon XL

sucks... sorry to hear man!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #16
E328xi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi

Garage List
2008 E90 328xi  [0.00]
It's good you're lookin on the bright side. Perfect time to go for the trunk, m-tech rear, etc... Still sickening to hear tho.

Good luck.
      07-28-2009, 10:02 PM   #17
TT3 iN NyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CS

Let Martino Auto Concepts revitalize your car!!! Trust me, it'll definitely be worth it. They are enthusiasts just like us, and understand what you'll need and will take care of your throughout the entire process.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 07:30 AM   #18
Sejo5
Sejo5
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Hey guys,

I have taken your advice and brought my car to Martino Auto Concepts. I have dealt with Joe and i never had such great customer Service. My brother has dropped off my car at the shop and he has explained that this shop is by far the best he has ever seen, and Joe gave him a tour of the place, yet again great customer service.

I have ordered the following,
MTech Rear bumper
Carbon8 CSL Trunk - Will be doing the Black to Carbon Fade on the Dove tail.
Depo Black lines - Like the really smoked look against my jetblack. Will look very aggressive.

Custom Exhaust - Not sure yet until the Insurance adjuster comes out again and gives me a nice check

I will get pictures soon, hopefully i will get some Pics of the progress, i have been working like crazy which is preventing me to make time to stop by the shop.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 08:30 AM   #19
Derek@MAC Auto Couture
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sejo5 View Post
Hey guys,

I have taken your advice and brought my car to Martino Auto Concepts. I have dealt with Joe and i never had such great customer Service. My brother has dropped off my car at the shop and he has explained that this shop is by far the best he has ever seen, and Joe gave him a tour of the place, yet again great customer service.

Thanks for the kind words, and rest assured, you are in good hands my friend!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 08:47 AM   #20
fizzle
is it the 5oclock free crack giveaway?
United_States
Rep
Drives: a motorized vee-hickle

nice and sorry to hear about your trouble, but looks like your going to one of the best around!
Appreciate 0