E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Tuner Shootout

08-29-2008, 09:31 PM   #1
scalbert
Major General
Rep
Drives: '13 S4, '15 Q7

Tuner Shootout

I thought I would start a new thread here.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162382

I need any individuals willing to help to send a PM with their email address and capabilities. From there I will send out group emailings to coordinate. What I need are the following:

Three individuals with technical capabilities to be able to install/remove pinout versions of the tunes

Four individuals who can help coordinate activities

Three individuals with some track experience and have no dedication to a specific tuner. I have a colleague who does not own a BMW and has racing experience at Road Atlanta. I have also contacted Jeff at TOV to see if he could provide assistance. Be we shall see.

I will also need three cars, preferably stock, to be used. I am sure we can work out something with the tuners for a reduced cost upon completion for participation. I would like stock vehicles so as to eliminate variables. And I would prefer 6MT vehicles as the control of what is occurring is easier.

The current plan would be for a November date. That should provide enough time for the various tunes to get well settled and to get things organized. The idea will be to get three groups, one dyno, one acceleration (20 – 120) and one real world driving. Each will have their own tuner boxes for use. Three groups would be set up; dyno, acceleration and real driving experience.

For each test we would select the running order randomly for each session and would like to have three sessions. Each session would begin with a stock test and the follow with the tunes. At least two tests would be utilized for each tune in each session. If anything out of the ordinary appears with the test, it will be repeated once. For the dyno and acceleration tests, all valid runs will be averaged for the final result but best and lowest will be documented. For the real world driving test, a tallied rating system will be used.

I anticipate the three groups will be spread out across north Georgia and will need to allocate a day for this. Upon completion and depending on the number of participants, we can arrange some sort of event or dinner.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2008, 07:28 PM   #2
scalbert
Major General
Rep
Drives: '13 S4, '15 Q7

No one wants to help.

Anyway, I heard from Jeff at TOV and he should be able to help with the objective tests so we may be set there.
Appreciate 0