E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Procede V3, help a brother out ???

10-22-2009, 10:04 PM   #1
Turbo_435i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Fire Spittin 435i

Procede V3, help a brother out ???

JB3 , and v3, im new to bmw's. is the v3 referring to Procede V3 ???

also, if i was to purchase a 335i coupe auto. Does the Procede v3 just plug in and its a turn-key setup, or do i have to have someone tune it, or do i manually adjust/tune it. I'm pretty mechanically inclined, i ve worked on numerous cars / turbos, cylinder heads etc.. but dont want to blow a new motor, efff something up. are these plug and play chips / cpu modules safe ???

and also , i know by adding an aftermarket module/chip etccc might void warranty, but if something is not running right, and i have to take the car to teh dealer, would i be able to return the car back to the stock/oem configuration without having issude with the dealer ???? and can the dealer know if somethings be added and removed from the cpu etccc ???
can the dealer download info from the cpu to show if its been tampered with ?

sorry for the dumb questions, but this info might make or break my opinion on PURCHASING a BMW 335i. I really dont want to buy one, unless i can add the extra hp.

also, after adding these units, is the car pretty much reliable, tranny can handle it, motor, pistons, turbo's etcccc..
thanks laot guys. I have already searched numerous threads on these itmes, but also would like some real world input from those that might have these cpu/chips etcc.
thanks guys.
hopeful future 335i owner
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 10:07 PM   #2
E92murdered
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312130 , close thread
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 10:09 PM   #3
badass1g
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

+1
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 10:15 PM   #4
Turbo_435i
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by badass1g View Post
+1
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 10:17 PM   #5
Turbo_435i
Lieutenant
Rep

i just want some to answer my specific questions, if you dont want to read this thread, dont even come into it, i hate web whores who think they are moderators. Dude, if you dont have any positive input, stay out of the thread, you apparently read my title. so take your little mouse and scroll down and troll into someone elses thread, mmmkay.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 10:20 PM   #6
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
Yes void warranty.
Yes v3 is procede.
Both jb3 and v3 plug and play in ecu.
You can take the car back to stock in minutes.
Both give big hp.
Get 335. Get to know what hpfp stands for.
End.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 10:26 PM   #7
E92murdered
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

lol man dont help this thread go on haha!! as for op please read the link i sent all the answers are in there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Yes void warranty.
Yes v3 is procede.
Both jb3 and v3 plug and play in ecu.
You can take the car back to stock in minutes.
Both give big hp.
Get 335. Get to know what hpfp stands for.
End.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2009, 10:08 AM   #8
e.n335
Austria
Rep
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by schybrid View Post

also, if i was to purchase a 335i coupe auto. Does the Procede v3 just plug in and its a turn-key setup, or do i have to have someone tune it, or do i manually adjust/tune it. I'm pretty mechanically inclined, i ve worked on numerous cars / turbos, cylinder heads etc.. but dont want to blow a new motor, efff something up. are these plug and play chips / cpu modules safe ???

and also , i know by adding an aftermarket module/chip etccc might void warranty, but if something is not running right, and i have to take the car to teh dealer, would i be able to return the car back to the stock/oem configuration without having issude with the dealer ???? and can the dealer know if somethings be added and removed from the cpu etccc ???

sorry for the dumb questions, but this info might make or break my opinion on PURCHASING a BMW 335i. I really dont want to buy one, unless i can add the extra hp.

also, after adding these units, is the car pretty much reliable, tranny can handle it, motor, pistons, turbo's etcccc..
thanks laot guys. I have already searched numerous threads on these itmes, but also would like some real world input from those that might have these cpu/chips etcc.
thanks guys.
The N54 engine in the 335i seems to be pretty reliable. No issues with tunes like PROcede V3 or JB3. There are also other piggybacks and some ECU flashes around. Intakes, intercooler, downpipes and exhausts are common performance upgrades as well. As a general rule warranty will be voided in case you modify car components, but they have to be related somehow to the problem.

You really should be able to find a lot of information related to your questions.

Eugen
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2009, 10:42 AM   #9
BMFUNATIC
Vishnu Fan
Rep
Drives: 07 335I Sedan

Quote:

thanks guys.
Schybrid,

Although this is my third BMW I can assure that the joy of driving the 335i is an absolute joy. The stock 335i is pretty quick to begin with. I went with the Vishnu Procede V3 with no regrets. I have a 2007 335i AT Sedan and after dropping the V3 in you can automatically see the difference, more torque, more power and a lots of smiles to follow. In regards to the longevity of the engine I dont think there is any supporting evidence that the V3 will lower the life of the engine. Also, the V3 is in the realm of working with the stock DME (Stock ECU) within safe limitations. I choose to keep the defaults of the V3 but you can tune the engine after running some datalogs. The V3 is a superior product in my book as you can tune at your preference. My 335i is my daily driver and rarely go to the track. In regards to warranty you will here two sides, yes and no. I say No beacause and aftermarket tune or addition to your car will not void your warranty unless the tune causes damage to another part or function of the vehicle. I tend to put my V3 in valet mode when taking it to the dealer. I have an aftermarker exhaust as well. I havent had any issues thus far. In the end its about your comfort level in modding the car. If you are really apprehensive then I suggest you keep it stock.

I hope this helps, Cheers.

Regards,
BMFUNATIC
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2009, 10:57 AM   #10
Turbo_435i
Lieutenant
Rep

I appreciate the last 4 replies guys, thanks.

as far as the V3 goes, does it come setup ready to go, no tune needed. and if so, is it a conservative tune ?
how much hp is gained, and what exactly is changing with the v3
boost ?
fuel leaning ?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2009, 11:34 AM   #11
eyemdbmw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e93 335i space/coral/pop

Quote:
I appreciate the last 4 replies guys, thanks.

as far as the V3 goes, does it come setup ready to go, no tune needed. and if so, is it a conservative tune ?
how much hp is gained, and what exactly is changing with the v3
boost ?
fuel leaning ?
man they are altering much more than boost. iginition timing is a big one but there are others. just give them a call for a quick synopsis. they are pretty receptive.

oh and by the way, you definitely should get the 335. don't think twice. yeah it has some issues but it is so much fun. worth it for most of us anyway