E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Wiring Diagrams, Need help ASAP!!!

02-14-2006, 09:56 AM   #1
Big Mike
Rep
Drives: 325i Monaco Blue

Exclamation Wiring Diagrams, Need help ASAP!!!

Hello, I am in consultation with a lawyer to sue BMW over their crappy logic 7 system. Approx. 40% of songs played come out staticy or really fuzzy and after much consulation with bmw canada, they refuse to help.

They replaced the amp with another amp (the exact same kind) and reporgramed everything but no change. Now they tell me there is nothing more they can do.

Can anyone help with diagrams and any info on the logic 7 sound system, input, output, amps, signal, impedence, voltage etc..

I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Big Mike
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2006, 09:46 AM   #2
PittWm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 330i SP pack, Prem pack, CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike
Hello, I am in consultation with a lawyer to sue BMW over their crappy logic 7 system. Approx. 40% of songs played come out staticy or really fuzzy and after much consulation with bmw canada, they refuse to help.

They replaced the amp with another amp (the exact same kind) and reporgramed everything but no change. Now they tell me there is nothing more they can do.

Can anyone help with diagrams and any info on the logic 7 sound system, input, output, amps, signal, impedence, voltage etc..

Thanks.

Big Mike

Pardon me, but you gonna sue BMW over what??? Your radio sounded bad and it's a law suit in waiting. I run a business, and I'm just tired of people and their lawyers sueing just about everything happens at place of business. My Sirius sounds like shit too, but suing BMW over it never crossed my mind.

For instance, first hour after a snow storm, the parking lot is full of snow and ice and a customer walk across it and slip and fall, well, that immediately become the business owner's liability. Why is that? At least give the business some time to clean the freaking snow and ice and make a pathway before walking across it or walk at your own risk.

Thats just my take and I'm just ranting.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2006, 09:55 AM   #3
Tierfreund
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Man, sometimes I´m so glad i don´t have to do business in the land of the free and frivolous lawsuits. I love the US, I really do, but your legal system has some really silly sides to it.

A decent judge should take that kind of lawsuit and after a good laugh give the plaintiff a mighty asskicking.
      02-15-2006, 10:48 AM   #4
Big Mike
Rep

Exclamation Lawsuit

Well thank you all for you opinions. However, I am a young professional and have saved my entire life for a car like this. It is not fair and not responsible for BMW to sell me a product that does not work properly.

I am not refering to the radio at all. When I play a cd, or an mp3 etc... it does'nt matter what the medium, 40% of the time the sound is terrible. That is their fault, no one elses.

I dont want anything more then for them to fix the problemand since they have washed their hands of me I see no other option.

I paid extra for a better sound system, not a worse one.

Big Mike
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2006, 05:13 PM   #5
AW330i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 330i

Hey guys don't go bashing on americans he is canadian... lol
      02-15-2006, 05:27 PM   #6
Tierfreund
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW330i
Hey guys don't go bashing on americans he is canadian... lol
You´re right! What an oversight

Still the silliest thing I´ve heard in a while.
      02-16-2006, 07:15 AM   #7
cobradac
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '05 645Ci Coupe

Garage List
2005 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:

Thanks.

Big Mike
Does BMW dealer recognize the static or fuzzy sound? If so they should continue to work on the issue as it is not normal. If not, is it just because it works ok when u try to show them, or do u hear it and they do not? If this later is the case I would try another dealer.

There are several things that could do this, including MOST bus connectors, one or more bad speaker(s), or a CCC component.

There is a TSB on static in audio but it is for a non - L7 system.

I'll post it here although it should not apply - but sample of things non-audio that can be at fault.

SI B 65 10 05
Sound System, Cruise, Alarms, Monitors August 2005
Technical Service

SUBJECT
CCC: Loss of all Audio

MODEL
E60, E61 (5 Series)

E63, E64 (6 Series)

E90 (3 Series)

Vehicles equipped with CCC (SA 609) without Logic7 amplifier (SA 677)

SITUATION
The customer states that the audio system looses all sound output, there is crackling from speakers or the audio system resets (Central Information Display blanks out briefly). The mute symbol cannot be turned on/off by pressing the rotary knob. Audio may be restored after the vehicle enters sleep mode.

One or more of the following faults may be stored in the CCC-ASK:

A1A1 – Control module fault

A1A2 – Control module fault

A1A3 – Control module fault

A1A4 – Control module fault

A1A5 – Control module fault

A19B – Control module fault

CAUSE
CCC-ASK hardware failure.

PROCEDURE
Replace the CCC (Car Communication Computer).

PARTS INFORMATION
Part Number
Description
Quantity

Refer to EPC
CCC (Car Communication Computer)

WARRANTY INFORMATION
Covered under the terms of the BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Refer to KSD
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2006, 09:46 AM   #8
Big Mike
Rep

Exclamation Re: Stereo

Thanks very much for the info. The head service manager sat with me for 45 minutes and tried everything!!! and yes, he agredd that the system was crakcling/staticy wehter I put in a burned cd or store bouhgt cd or played from an Ipod.

He also said that there is not much else they can do. We even tried it on a nother car with logic 7 and the same thing happened. In about 40% of songs with deep / high bass, the crakcling is very prevailant. All he recommended was keeping the base turned down and the speakers faded more into the back then in the front.

I went to anohter dealershop as well, but all they were willing to do is replace the amp again. Replacing it with the same amp will not do anything.

Thanks again for the service bulletin, do you have any info on the system itself, inputs, outsput, all that stuff?

Big Mike
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2006, 12:02 PM   #9
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittWm
Pardon me, but you gonna sue BMW over what??? Your radio sounded bad and it's a law suit in waiting. I run a business, and I'm just tired of people and their lawyers sueing just about everything happens at place of business. My Sirius sounds like shit too, but suing BMW over it never crossed my mind.

For instance, first hour after a snow storm, the parking lot is full of snow and ice and a customer walk across it and slip and fall, well, that immediately become the business owner's liability. Why is that? At least give the business some time to clean the freaking snow and ice and make a pathway before walking across it or walk at your own risk.

Thats just my take and I'm just ranting.
have this happen to you?? seem like it have...i have my own buisness too, but i dont have to worry about snow. i do have to wory about oil...i have a machine shop and it does get slippery. thats why i have signs. walk in at your own risk...
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2006, 02:42 PM   #10
cobradac
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '05 645Ci Coupe

Garage List
2005 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks very much for the info. The head service manager sat with me for 45 minutes and tried everything!!! and yes, he agredd that the system was crakcling/staticy wehter I put in a burned cd or store bouhgt cd or played from an Ipod.

He also said that there is not much else they can do. We even tried it on a nother car with logic 7 and the same thing happened. In about 40% of songs with deep / high bass, the crakcling is very prevailant. All he recommended was keeping the base turned down and the speakers faded more into the back then in the front.

I went to anohter dealershop as well, but all they were willing to do is replace the amp again. Replacing it with the same amp will not do anything.

Thanks again for the service bulletin, do you have any info on the system itself, inputs, outsput, all that stuff?

Big Mike
No, I do not have additional info. I've never had a problem and I use all kinds of stuff on my L7 including cassette tape, MP3 player (non iPod), Sat Radio, CD (no MP3 capability via CD player yet), and FM. Although I do not have MP3 in CD, I do make my own CDs with the "Best of" or "favorites" so I have experience in burning CDs and none of those have given me any problems save one. It gave me some distortion on one cut (last one on CD). I keep meaning to redo it to see if it was the source (do not believe that) or my burning process or blank CD quality.

I just cannot imagine L7 specifically causing this. Will they let you try more systems in stock, L7 or not? Is it identical in single slot and CD changer? You indicate burned CD or Ipod and that implies MP3, but mention original CD as well. Can you load up same material in its original form and a copy on another source (changer or iPod) and switch between the two and get same symptom or is there a difference?

There is more to this but I just don't know what yet.
Appreciate 0