E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Do you stance?

04-01-2014, 07:49 PM   #1783
jonnylin1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW e92 335i | 2012 m3

We are getting some sunnier and clearer days! Photoshoot season.
Attached Images

Never low enough.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 07:52 AM   #1784
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

So much win Jonnnnnnnny
      04-02-2014, 01:01 PM   #1785
boostedjay
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Tee View Post
dont let that stop you! i was just sharing the risk you take should you run additional hardware . it doesnt always happen to everyone, but again i dont see ppl dding a bagged car that put over 100k with no failure. car will be sold before then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbce90 View Post
Only problem I've had with my bags is that my fittings leak occasionally. Easy fix, but annoying nevertheless if it happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonk View Post
My friend has a MK5 Rabbit and the bags have 80,000 daily driven miles on them, never had a single problem. He's got the Bag Riders kit.
Thanks guys! I've had a few "low" cars and all have been static. I just recently bought my 335i to daily as I want to build another FD RX-7 so I really want to keep it where I can just jump in and drive.. It'll be stanced though!

I've owned the car two weeks and have already gotten the mod bug haha this thread isn't helping at all! So I just ordered coils today.. If I don't like, I'll buy bags. Can't wait to be able to post in the thread along side you guys.. until then I'll just keep creepin'
      04-02-2014, 03:55 PM   #1786
#Tee
Major General
Rep
Drives: yes

congrats and welcum jay! all the info you really need are posted on this thread.

You can follow my builds on IG: Tee212
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 04:00 PM   #1787
pileofstack
Blast Master
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnylin1 View Post
We are getting some sunnier and clearer days! Photoshoot season.
Love it!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 03:11 AM   #1788
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92

Not half bad!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 11:15 AM   #1789
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep
Drives: E93 M3/Mk4 Supra/X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyddo112 View Post
tire shop gouged my two rear wheels when replacing the tires so they ordered me new ones. i was just testing it on the front just to see if i can make use of the gouged wheels lol
18x10.5 +15 on 245/35/18 lowered on H&R sport springs. 0.9* camber in the front and 2.1* rear.

You can totally pull off those wheels up front !!

A lot of Stance guys do it wrong!

You should always have more neg camber in the front then in the rear.
It's more functional and will always look better, unless your on bags just hard parking poser.

dont be afraid to add up to -3 degrees in the front it would have fit that wheel and tire nicely, and would match the rears -2.1 degrees very nicely too.
      04-03-2014, 11:47 AM   #1790
Mad K
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS View Post
A lot of Stance guys do it wrong!

You should always have more neg camber in the front then in the rear.
It's more functional and will always look better
I don't like what you said here.... but yes, front should always have more camber than rear imo.

I need fender work to take my rear camber out! No monies and still have to find a good body shop.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 11:53 AM   #1791
tank707
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Murdered e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madk180sx View Post
I don't like what you said here.... but yes, front should always have more camber than rear imo.

I need fender work to take my rear camber out! No monies and still have to find a good body shop.
Why not do it yourself? I've done every bit of suspension and body work myself. It's not too hard you just have to have a basic understanding and a positive attitude. I've rolled my rears but need to shave them so that's my agenda after work today! Pics soon still getting fitment right
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 11:55 AM   #1792
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep

Quote:
I don't like what you said here.... but yes, front should always have more camber than rear imo..
which part?
the bags talk or the hipster/fake scene stance guys doing it wrong?
I was refering more to the whole scraping the ground guys, who add big wheels and a lot of camber cheaping out on any fender work,
of course the rears are gonna be bigger then the fronts so they end up adding more camber to the rear then front, which makes it a hardparking thing..

not saying everyone needs to spend lots of money on fender work, but there are lots of wheels that will look agressive without being huge, or if they do some good research they will find a correct spec wheel that'll look amazing under stock fender.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
an example...

This guy spent money on fender work, but tried way to hard....to fit the stance thing,.... front fenders are bigger then they should be for the front wheels and the rear fenders are too small and rear wheels to agressive....therefore, over done neg camber, making it look dumb.

Done right:
Perfect fitment in the rear without unecessary camber guessing
(-1.5/-2).
front look to have near -3 degrees and fit perfect too.

Last edited by GabeS; 04-03-2014 at 12:03 PM..
Appreciate 1
      04-03-2014, 11:58 AM   #1793
Mad K
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank707 View Post
Why not do it yourself? I've done every bit of suspension and body work myself. It's not too hard you just have to have a basic understanding and a positive attitude. I've rolled my rears but need to shave them so that's my agenda after work today! Pics soon still getting fitment right
Don't think you understand the gravity of the situation lol.

My rears are shaved and i have over 5 degrees of neg camber in order to fit my wheels and it still rubs hard. When i said fender work, i meant cutting the rear fenders up and flaring them probably 50mm. Someone experienced with body/metal work would need to do this and i have none of either.

GabeS, meant the part about camber since I'm running -3.5 up front and -5.5 in rear.

Last edited by Mad K; 04-03-2014 at 12:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 12:04 PM   #1794
tank707
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madk180sx
Quote:
Don't think you understand the gravity of the situation lol.

My rears are shaved and i have over 5 degrees of neg camber in order to fit my wheels and it still rubs hard. When i said fender work, i meant cutting the rear fenders up and flaring them probably 50mm. Someone experienced with body/metal work would need to do this and i have none of either.
Yeah wasn't thinking about that ha why not just run painted bolt on flares? I've got over 5 degrees right now I'm trying get under 4 but need to shave it in order to get the clearance. I already rub like a mofo. Just been busy. What're your wheel specs?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 12:05 PM   #1795
Mad K
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yeah wasn't thinking about that ha why not just run painted bolt on flares? I've got over 5 degrees right now I'm trying get under 4 but need to shave it in order to get the clearance. I already rub like a mofo. Just been busy. What're your wheel specs?
Bolt-on flares look like crap imo on e9x's.

19x9.5 +5
19x11 +11
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 12:14 PM   #1796
tank707
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Lbw kit is the only one that looks okay imo but that's like 10g's.
18x10.5+25 soon to be +17
18x10.5+10

What tire sizes you running? How was it shaving your rears?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 12:22 PM   #1797
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep

Quote:
GabeS, meant the part about camber since I'm running -3.5 up front and -5.5 in rear.
Your car looks fine with more in the rear, I am talking when people add stupid camber...where its very noticable. BTw where exactly do your tires rub? you can always cut the platic liner out, and take a mallet to the metal spot whre it rubs to create clearance, unless its on the fender.
Quote:
Bolt-on flares look like crap imo on e9x's
Yes, very true, unless the flare is gonna be molded and painted bolt on flares, as int he small jdm style ones, cheapen the look of the car..
these ...

no bueno, i have seen a pic of a 335i with these trying to find it...

it could be the color, but doesnt look too good on this car for me...

This one looks better but because it looks like a race car:

Last edited by GabeS; 04-03-2014 at 12:40 PM..
Appreciate 1
      04-03-2014, 12:45 PM   #1798
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep

04-03-2014, 12:46 PM   #1799
EDM92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Low&Slow

It's fun to read what people think the "correct" stance is lol. There's no correct amount of camber, there's no correct amount to lower your car, there's no correct widths and offsets. Everything we do fucks up the suspension geometry, just do what you think looks cool that you can handle driving every day.

Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
Broadway Static - CCW - Megan - Orion
Instagram: bmwforlife
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 12:54 PM   #1800
tank707
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM92 View Post
It's fun to read what people think the "correct" stance is lol. There's no correct amount of camber, there's no correct amount to lower your car, there's no correct widths and offsets. Everything we do fucks up the suspension geometry, just do what you think looks cool that you can handle driving every day.
+1
I think it's funny when people say other peoples cars aren't stanced. Stance is a term of how a car sits. There's no specific way a car has to sit to be stanced. It's how you want it to look is how it's stance is
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 01:38 PM   #1801
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM92 View Post
Quote:
+1
I think it's funny when people say other peoples cars aren't stanced. Stance is a term of how a car sits. There's no specific way a car has to sit to be stanced. It's how you want it to look is how it's stance is
You are both right in one thing, there is no specific rule or specific width for wheels...

but you are both sounding sour,
When someone creates a stanced thread its pretty obvious it's for agressive stance, not stock stance. and generally to get an agressive stance wider wheels are in order..or spacers...etc...

sometimes it helps by adding to the title specifically what you are looking for.. ie: Stanced thread/slammed/fitted look.
that way people cant complain...

Now where you are both wrong is:
"everything we do fucks up geometry" not really, if you know what you are doing.., someone with no idea of suspension geometry/travel and rebound, might do that.
Others may have a better understanding of how to slam a car but have the ride still perform well or at least better than the majority..
for an instance when I posted that a general"slammed car" rule is to always have more camber in the front it is for more grip around turns. and functionality, because front fenders generally dont allow for wheels as wide as the rear.

If you dont like what people are looking for in a thread there are always others where they are looking for the same thing you are...theres no point in arguing with a threads idea...
Some guys have been in the scene for many many years, and understand a lot better the idea behind some of the Mods done to angles/ride heights/wheel sizes...tire sizes etc..
      04-03-2014, 01:39 PM   #1802
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep

Op created this thread for massive wheels/spacers/no ugly stock height or weak wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_506 View Post
Sooo, i would like to make a thread dedicated only to the purpose of showing off the stance on your E90 & E92. Let us know what wheels, offsets and suspension you are running as well as any other stance related specs you might want to add regarding how you fit those massive wheels or spacers on that beautiful ride of yours. MUST HAVE PICS!!

I know there are threads like this out there but they have been polluted by non stance discussions and pictures of ugly stock height cars, so no we don't need to know if you hate the stance scene and no we don't need your opinion about form>function or vice versa.

WE JUST WANNA SEE STANCE!!!

so in the infamous words of @project335i ...DO YOU EVEN STANCE?
      04-03-2014, 01:43 PM   #1803
tank707
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Very we'll put GabeS. I wasn't argueing a threads idea or anything just stating I think it's funny when people put other down on their set up when it's "their set up" you know. Everyone's stance is different and we all play the game
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 01:46 PM   #1804
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep

Quote:
Very we'll put GabeS. I wasn't argueing a threads idea or anything just stating I think it's funny when people put other down on their set up when it's "their set up" you know. Everyone's stance is different and we all play the game
Exactly
Take this for an instance, no camber, no stretched tires, his own spin off on a very agressive stance: and looks beautiful: