E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Weisslicht LED from BIMMIAN - beware

08-24-2015, 02:07 PM   #1
Storm_M6
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6 Coupe, X7. I3

Garage List
Weisslicht LED from BIMMIAN - beware

IF you thinking of buying from BImmian.com and you are in the UK, think carefully.

I bought a pair of Weisslicht LED bulbs from bimmian and had it shipped to the UK. First there are custom charges to pay....

Then it all starts to go bit wrong. First one of the bulbs dies completely, then the 2nd one starts to go faulty with only some LED module lighting up. Ringing BIMMIAN, they are happy to replace under warranty as this is apparently from a bad batch BUT:

- They want me to pay for shippping chages to UK!!!!!
- When it arrives to the UK -i wil need to pay customs charges AGAIN!!!!!

I have challenged them back and await to hear on the outcome, I am NOT paying for shipping and customs charges due to a faulty product!!!!

***think twice before buying....
will keep all posted
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 02:30 PM   #2
JustinGTP
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '13 MINI Paceman JCW

Understand your frustration - but import charges are not their fault and that is something you should always consider when buying out of country.
'09 LCI 335i E90 in BSM over Oyster Dakota Leather, Manual, Sport, Navigation, Individual Audiophile, Executive, Active Steering, JB4 + MHD BEF, 335is Exhaust w/AWE Tuning Tips, AFE DCI, Euro Tails/Fog Light Switch, various painted and other OEM + mods, 19" M5 reps summer
'13 MINI Cooper S Paceman JCW R61in Light White & Black Roof/Mirror Caps/Sport Stripes, Loaded + Rare
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 03:09 PM   #3
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

i thought if you mark something as a replacement for a manufacturer defect you do not pay duties and taxes again. i'd look into that if i were you with your royal mail.

Besides that.. why are you buying those.. there are much better options out there.