Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Replacing tyres different size with non RFL

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

12-18-2009, 06:47 AM   #1
davidfo
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d Coupe

Replacing tyres different size with non RFL

Hi,

I have the 19" star spoke alloys on my 335d SE coupe, with Bridgestone RFL's which are awful.

Plenty of tread, but I go over metal drain covers and you can feel the tyre slide slightly, plus the noise and ride off motorway is terrible for a luxury car.

Current tyre size is 225/35/19 front, 255/30/19 rear and I am considering replacing with Kumho KU31 non RFL, with 225/40/19 front and 255/35/19 rear, £486.20 through MyTyres.co.uk.

Anyone have any throughts on if there would be any issues with these tyres and sizes?

I will consider Eibach pro springs lower by 40mm front and 35mm rear, if the ride is too sloppy after loosing the RFL (I don't believe the 335d SE has M suspension, but it is hard to tell with these tyres).

Would there be any concerns with either tyre size change or adding the springs after if required?
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
davidfo
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d Coupe

Replacing RFL with non RFL

I replaced them and thank goodnes too, it is a marked imrpovement on ride and handling, well worth the change!

Highly recommended if you like I, are p'eed off with the harsh ride, comfort and handling of RFL.

Personal choice of course, but I am very happy with the change.
Appreciate 0