E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > E92-lighting (DTEC Halo Angel eyes)

06-02-2015, 11:12 PM   #1
BMSE92_Harry
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 335i coupe

E92-lighting (DTEC Halo Angel eyes)

Just want to give a shout out to E90lighting for their customer support. I was dealing with a problem with my angel eyes for a long time, where the angel eyes was going in and out after I installed the upgraded lights. For the longest time, I thought it was because of the halo light itself due to many people with upgraded halo light geting the daytime driving light malfunction. The light would work randomly, when I opened up the halo light housing cover, I see that the plastic/rubber cover on the wires were cracked; sometimes when I wiggled the wires around, the light would come on. But one day, it finally stopped working and there was nothing I could do to get it turned back on.
After doing some research, I discovered that the light was out possibly due to the exposed wires short circuited; so I reached out to some fellow BMW enthuaist in my area, and was able to use liquid electric tape to covered the cracked wires. It didn't fix the problem at first, due to the FRM senses the short circuited and permantly shut down the power going to the wires. I checked with BMW, they said I would need to replace the FRM (800-1200). I had couple guys in my area with the coding machine to see if they can unlocked it, but no luck. Finally, a guy on this form called wildcatcrazy (FB: CodeMyRide) saw my post and reached out to me, he was able to remotely re-code the FRM and get the halo lights to work using INPA software. After dealing with this problems shortly after the install of the halo angel eyes, the light is finally back to function 100%.

I just want to add that E90-lighting support was excellent. I originally thought the problem was due to the light, and it really wasn't. They were happy to assist, and sent me the newest upgraded module (ballast) for the light for a lower price. If you looking for a new set of angel eyes, definitely look into their products, they follow through with the warranty and was never shallow in the communication.

Thank you E90-lighting and wildcatcrazy for your help.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 11:40 PM   #2
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Thanks for sharing!
(Although this probably should be posted under the Vendor Feedback/ Review section)
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 05:45 PM   #3
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrychiu012 View Post
Just want to give a shout out to E90lighting for their customer support. I was dealing with a problem with my angel eyes for a long time, where the angel eyes was going in and out after I installed the upgraded lights. For the longest time, I thought it was because of the halo light itself due to many people with upgraded halo light geting the daytime driving light malfunction. The light would work randomly, when I opened up the halo light housing cover, I see that the plastic/rubber cover on the wires were cracked; sometimes when I wiggled the wires around, the light would come on. But one day, it finally stopped working and there was nothing I could do to get it turned back on.
After doing some research, I discovered that the light was out possibly due to the exposed wires short circuited; so I reached out to some fellow BMW enthuaist in my area, and was able to use liquid electric tape to covered the cracked wires. It didn't fix the problem at first, due to the FRM senses the short circuited and permantly shut down the power going to the wires. I checked with BMW, they said I would need to replace the FRM (800-1200). I had couple guys in my area with the coding machine to see if they can unlocked it, but no luck. Finally, a guy on this form called wildcatcrazy (FB: CodeMyRide) saw my post and reached out to me, he was able to remotely re-code the FRM and get the halo lights to work using INPA software. After dealing with this problems shortly after the install of the halo angel eyes, the light is finally back to function 100%.

I just want to add that E90-lighting support was excellent. I originally thought the problem was due to the light, and it really wasn't. They were happy to assist, and sent me the newest upgraded module (ballast) for the light for a lower price. If you looking for a new set of angel eyes, definitely look into their products, they follow through with the warranty and was never shallow in the communication.

Thank you E90-lighting and wildcatcrazy for your help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Thanks for sharing!
(Although this probably should be posted under the Vendor Feedback/ Review section)
thanks for the feedback, glad we could help
Appreciate 0