E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Pneus Online

09-29-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
shortie
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M sport

Pneus Online

Anyone had any issues ordering tyres from Pneus Online??

Placed an order online on 27/09/12 and paid online with my CC, the first attempt didn't go through so i contacted my CC company and they stated they blocked the transaction in case it was fraudulent. They confirmed my ID and then lifted the block and told me to try again. This time order went thought and received receipt etc so thought all was great, tyres should be here next week

Well today i get the following email:

Quote:
Hello,

Our bank system does not insure your card payment. Your order has been cancelled and will be refunded as soon as possible.
Please place a new order with payment by bank transfer only.

Regards,

Checked with my CC and no refund showing yet but i know it can take a couple of days? Im now reluctant to send a bank transfer. Tried calling them but phonelines are closed until monday

So has anyone used them before and had the same problems?

Last edited by shortie; 09-29-2012 at 10:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #2
Sir_Pigley
Captain
Rep
Drives: 640d GC / 420i XDrive

Garage List
I have bought several tyres from Oponeo and had no trouble at all with them. They may be worth a try. I have usually paid by PayPal.

I have bought Nokian tyres ( a winter set and a summer set), since they came out so well in independent tyre tests and so far I am very pleased with them. Oponeo were the cheapest for Nokian.

They take about 3-4 days to arrive though as I think they come from Poland.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
shortie
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Pigley View Post
I have bought several tyres from Oponeo and had no trouble at all with them. They may be worth a try. I have usually paid by PayPal.

I have bought Nokian tyres ( a winter set and a summer set), since they came out so well in independent tyre tests and so far I am very pleased with them. Oponeo were the cheapest for Nokian.

They take about 3-4 days to arrive though as I think they come from Poland.
Cheers mate, they were nearly the same price as pneus but they didnt offer cash back. Suppose £10 is nothing in the grand scheme of things lol
      09-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #4
pjs
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i8

I've just had some from Event Tyres and the service and communication has been first class. You only pay when they are delivered or fitted- the driver has the pin and chip machine. Recommended
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #5
vblanche
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 E91 330xi auto

aren't the same as mytyres.co.uk?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 01:51 PM   #6
mistryn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

+1 for event tyres - excellent service may charge a bit more but will definatly be using them as they come out to you

pneus - i have not used them but a friend in the past tried to order but similar situation like OP, in the end I think he just gave up and ordered them from elsewhere
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #7
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

Heard few weird stories about them in past so stick to event tyres these days. Went over to MyTyres last year to get winters as could nto find them cheap anywhere else. Was a right pain getting the order but in end came through. As you paid with CC you are covered at least so if they take too long refunding just contact the CC firm and they will sort it out for you.
      09-29-2012, 06:45 PM   #8
shortie
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjs View Post
I've just had some from Event Tyres and the service and communication has been first class. You only pay when they are delivered or fitted- the driver has the pin and chip machine. Recommended
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
+1 for event tyres - excellent service may charge a bit more but will definatly be using them as they come out to you

pneus - i have not used them but a friend in the past tried to order but similar situation like OP, in the end I think he just gave up and ordered them from elsewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic77 View Post
Heard few weird stories about them in past so stick to event tyres these days. Went over to MyTyres last year to get winters as could nto find them cheap anywhere else. Was a right pain getting the order but in end came through. As you paid with CC you are covered at least so if they take too long refunding just contact the CC firm and they will sort it out for you.
Appreciate what you guys are saying but they are £30 a corner dearer, that some fitting cost lol
      09-30-2012, 05:06 AM   #9
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

Wow I thought Pneus was delivery only I know mytyres are. Event tend to be cheaper than main stream high street places but nto cheapest.,However with fact htey come to you and are super a"£"£al about scratching wheels (if they do the fitter has to pay for repair) I dont mind spending a bit more but agree £30 more is a lot.
      09-30-2012, 06:59 AM   #10
shortie
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

They are delivery only, but i can get them fitted locally for £40. So £10 a corner fitting.
      03-06-2013, 03:04 AM   #11
the_rangdo
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 528i F11 (2015)

Bit of a thread resurrection but just wanted to balance the story a bit as this comes up when Googling for opinions on Pneus.

Ordered 2 RFTs (Pirelli P7 Cinturato) on Monday evening, 4th March. Got a phone call within seconds from my card issuer regarding potential fraud but was approved once I answered the appropriate questions.

Checked the order status today, still says payment received but no shipping details so I dropped them an email. Response was within minutes saying payment went through fine and they'll check with the warehouse.

Half an hour later another email to say they were shipped 5th March and as I type this they're out for delivery via UKMail today.

My local fitter will charge £10 a corner for fitting so overall I've saved ~£70 total on the best fitted price I could find.

Happy with that
      03-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #12
Sheepy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Competition

I had the same problem so payed through PayPal in the end, to be fair my tyres arrived in days so couldn't fault them apart from not being able to use my card for payment.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 07:50 AM   #13
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Just looking on their website. Want the hell is the difference between these tyres? What do the different letters mean? How do you know what to choose?
Its not just this tyre website, many others are the same.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #14
idnan
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 335i

The MO ones are the ones designed to be used on Mercedes cars. Just like all the crap about N tyres on Porsches.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 01:52 AM   #15
the_rangdo
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

If you hover your mouse over the letters it should display a pop-up that explains.

Tyres arrived Weds. Delivery guy provided some entertainment for the neighbours, took them out of his van then went to check on paperwork. We live at the top of a hill

Should imagine 2 x 245 RFTs rolling down a hill at speed would cause some damage if a parked car had been in the way.

Couple of weeks and I'll get them fitted when my summers go back on.
      03-08-2013, 01:54 AM   #16
the_rangdo
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
I had the same problem so payed through PayPal in the end, to be fair my tyres arrived in days so couldn't fault them apart from not being able to use my card for payment.
If they hadn't accepted my card I would have cancelled, I trust my card's insurance more than Paypal's