E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Service reset related question.

12-08-2014, 01:28 PM   #1
raj55
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: E91 2009, 320i

Service reset related question.

I have an odd question. I have a very low mileage car (hardly 3000Km/year). It has been serviced at a BMW garage every two years as per "condition based service indicator" in the car. My car is due for a service and brake fluid change in January 2015, but I want to wait till April 2015, and do the service my self. I have seen too many service being performed by BMW garage and know what to do by now. Can I reset the service in January (without doing the actual service) and then do a service and brake fluid change in April when the weather is warmer out side. If I do not reset it, it is going to flash red symbol and all that ding dong noise when you start the car, very irritating!
So my basic question is can I reset the service indicator now and do the actual service after four months? The car has no way of knowing if I have actually performed the service and it is a very low mileage car so no harm done.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 03:52 PM   #2
Hulla the Hulla
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 335d

You can but why bother ? Just wait until April and reset then. All that happens is you get the service due indicator showing when you first start the car. I drove around for a month past the brake fluid showing as due and it did no harm
Appreciate 0