E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Portland service - Kuni v. Rasmussen

07-19-2011, 03:46 AM   #23
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gberger1 View Post
I appreciate the offer, though I see no reason to go back to a place that has inconvenienced me and my daughter such as they did this evening. I dont think it is asking too much for a business to correctly quote how long a task takes to accomplish, I would think given the period of time they have been in business, they would know how long something takes, and if they dont, then dont give incorrect information. I think most people, me included, plan their day according to schedules, especially when dropping off your vehicle to have it serviced..Ie..if I drop it off at x time...and it is done by y...I can schedule my workday around this, however when y is wrong...now I have to juggle my workday, my parenting schedule etc.. Another example? ok. We will call you when the car is ready....ok, easy enough right? Me, Im told my car will need to be there for 1/2 a day, I dropped it off at 0800, half day? lets say 2 for shits and giggles...no call...3? nothing, I call at 3:15, why in GOD's name do I have to call them? Why cant they call me and update me and let me know it is going to take longer than expected..oh..they are busy excuse? Im not busy? IM THE CUSTOMER!!!!

I dont care when Tim went in, what difference does time matter when customer service is the issue?

Bold statements ok, factual statements for sure.
I appreciate the offer for a good SA, really I do, but if you know of a good one, why not post it? Why pm? A good person, and good service deserves recognition.

Bad service should also be pointed out so other consumers are informed.
FWIW, EVERY TIME I take my car in for whatever, I never request them to give me an exact estimate down to the hour. For me, that's okay because I know that MY car isn't the ONLY car they tend to. So if you don't know how many cars are lined up before yours, and what kind of work is being done on the cars before yours, how could they POSSIBLY give a time frame. They've always called me back for the most part, and when they didn't, I didn't flip out. I have a daughter, I'm in school, so it's not like I got time to sit on my ass and wait, ya?

My advise to you is call ahead and set up a loaner, if you're really bitching about having no ride to do what you gotta do. They'll give you a loaner, sometimes it takes a little longer to make an appt. with a loaner, but it can happen......So you took your car there twice? three times? Or more? It just sounds like you're judging the WHOLE dealership based on one SA, who in this case, based on what you said, knows nothing......Well, again, you obviously talked to the wrong SA.

I'm sorry, but you understand mistakes happen, right? They've misplaced my car once, not a big deal because I know they had it somewhere. It's not like they let it slip off their lot/garage.......So I waited an extra 15-20 min, so what? I was nice about it, and got a gift cert to Salty's for two.

The reason I don't post my SA's name and put him on is because he's a really cool guy, even okay with my mods. So I don't want to jeopardize his position. Believe me, I have praised him on this forum. But in the end, I felt that was enough, and I don't need to do that EVERY TIME someone has a problem with their SA. He let's me know what's up ahead of time, with ALL my mods. I've only taken the Procede out ONCE, for the HPFP because they had to file a PUMA case, but never again.

Typically, when people want to take their car in for service, or for whatever reason. They will ask forum members in their region for recommendations on SA. When you did that, who told you to go to that SA? That's just a rule of thumb, word of mouth is very useful when it comes to this.

I agree, give credit when credit's due, but also note the bad stuff as well. But it just sounds like you're generalizing about the WHOLE dealership, and not just isolating this incident to your specific SA, which would probably be the better thing to do.

Not trying to start anything, but I really feel like I need to say something because they've alway treated me and my car well. Therefore, I must stand up for them, as I TRULY feel like you've gotten the dullest knife in the drawer, if you catch my drift.......

Anyway, happy modding and GL riding out the rest of your warrantied miles.

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 10:40 PM   #24
2015cs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i Sedan

We've bought from both over the years--once from Kuni and twice from Rasmussen--and have had no major problems with either. Once beyond warranty, Pacific Motor Sports, an indie BMW place on SE Powell Blvd near the Ross Is. Bridge, has been good (but hardly much cheaper).
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 10:35 PM   #25
JOHNNY-5
Lieutenant
Laos
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT ZCP

Anyone have recomendations for an SA at kuni? Are they mod friendly?

Thanks
Appreciate 0