E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Handling question

06-24-2013, 03:23 AM   #1
Rob2005
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325D MSport coupe

Handling question

Hi, not long had my E92 325D M sport and hoping you guys on this forum could help.

Recently felt the car was a little wanders so decided to check out the bushes and arms on the front, found one of the driver side control arm bushes were weak so decided to order both lower arms, drop links and track rod ends for both sides. Replaced them all, aligned and car felt better but still not 100%

Now i get a noise coming from my drivers side front shock only whenever i go over any bump of any kind in the road. Checked the shock, bounce test etc and it seems ok. The car has covered 75k should i just replace all shocks as ive read they wont last much more than this anyway.

Also whats peoples opinions on koni FSD?

(Car has the Msport suspension and 19" wheels.)
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 07:12 AM   #2
Terryk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 mineral grey N47 ed

the noise might be from the bump stops.
i sometimes have it mostly when it is raining and i drive over a speed bump with 4-5 people inside my car (rare occasion for me since 4-5 people might be in less than 10 times annually) .

regarding the FSD, koni declares that the FSD can combine the best comfort in a sport suspension. a friend of mine with the SE suspension (oem sachs advantage) said that FSD achieve what koni supports for this product.
a mate from our club with the msport suspension on his bimmer (oem sachs performance as he wrote) said that after the FSD installation the car seemed to be not as sporty as initially was. you could try to search for this thread and get in contact with him in order to know from his personal experience.
      06-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #3
Rob2005
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325D MSport coupe

Thanks for the reply, ive done a search and read many conflicting posts..

Just went to have my wheels balanced (again) and ive got another buckled wheel to add to the other 2 slightly buckled I already have.

Thinking now of replacing the whole set and replacing the front RTF's with non RTFs.

Im findin the suspension and RFTs a nightmare to be honest and im used to performance cars but this OE set up take the biscuit.

Someone remind me where our road Tax fund goes, as its certainly not on repairing the roads here in South Wales.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #4
Rich330D
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330D M Sport Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2005 View Post
Hi, not long had my E92 325D M sport and hoping you guys on this forum could help.

Recently felt the car was a little wanders so decided to check out the bushes and arms on the front, found one of the driver side control arm bushes were weak so decided to order both lower arms, drop links and track rod ends for both sides. Replaced them all, aligned and car felt better but still not 100%

Now i get a noise coming from my drivers side front shock only whenever i go over any bump of any kind in the road. Checked the shock, bounce test etc and it seems ok. The car has covered 75k should i just replace all shocks as ive read they wont last much more than this anyway.

Also whats peoples opinions on koni FSD?

(Car has the Msport suspension and 19" wheels.)
Hi Rob
I experienced the same feeling in mine every harsh on the RFT so I swapped to none RFT but still quite hard on the suspension/crash feeling but at the same time the car felt wallowly if you know what I mean. So I did the usual bounce test and it felt quite firm settling off within one bounce so I thought it was fine although one side felt firmer to press down on than the other. Checked all shocks no sign of leakage. Then the car started to bottom out but I thought it was just being a harsh ride. Wasn't until I replaced the shocks on the front did I realise these are Gas filled shocks so won't show signs of leakage . Now the car feels soooo much better and a smoother ride on the none RFT you wouldn't believe . My car has just clocked 90k. Got my replacements off euro car parts when they had a sale on but make sure you get the ones for M Sport suspension as there are 2 sets available and as usual it's the more expensive ones lol Sachs Advance Performance or something like that.

Anyway pal hope this helps u out.

Rich
Appreciate 0