E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > steering wheel lock red ccid 186

10-15-2016, 12:25 AM   #1
sports89man7
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

steering wheel lock red ccid 186

hello dont really go on here but i had gotten my car out of the shop yesterday and I started my car and a red steering wheel lock ccid 186 came on.

now heres the thing, the idiot tech at my shop drained my battery by accident the night before and he said he would charge it up for free. i have never had this problem before. my car has 135k on it. i went on here and the forum said that i might have to get my steering wheel column replaced. ive heard its over 1k to fix and if it comes down to that, im giving up on the car. I've had the car for 5 years already so im not really surprised about this and im tired of paying for this thing.

now heres the funny part, i unlock the car and i see the red steering wheel light on but the car starts up just fine, the lock clicks once and it starts. ive started it up 5 times since getting it out of the shop yesterday. will it be safe to drive with the light on? i dont wanna be driving on the highway and have my steering go out... lol
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2023, 02:52 PM   #2
uhhmuhammed
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

how did u get it fixed my battery died and the same code popped up
Appreciate 0