E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > New pads, new rotors

11-08-2023, 06:20 PM   #1
Hauteknits
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i E93 N55 6MT

New pads, new rotors

Hey guys, need to do front pads and rotors and just rear pads. Likely going to go Akebono or Hawk (not sure where to buy hawk or which compound to buy tho). Would like some more info on aftermarket pads, as well as rotors. I'm inclined to just go buy rotors at the local auto parts store, but didn't know if there's some secret sauce I'm missing out on (don't really care about drilled/slotted, might go drilled if I can find a decent price). My only concerns are BRAKE DUST!! My front brakes make dust like crazy and its driving me nuts, not sure I want to go carbon ceramics but I would like to go a couple of days before my wheels are completely dirty
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2023, 11:21 PM   #2
The Nightman
Cometh
Rep
Drives: Boy's Soul

Garage List
Turner has a decent guide as a starting point for pads: https://www.turnermotorsport.com/t-b...ide-brake-pads

Be warned that Akebonos have terrible cold bite. I like to stay with ECE R90 spec pads that guarantee a minimum level of performance similar to OE: https://tmdfriction.com/ece-r-90-reg...d-brake-drums/

For rotors, Zimmermanns are likely the best option

Last edited by The Nightman; 11-08-2023 at 11:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2023, 11:27 PM   #3
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Funny you make this post I just got my new rear brakes (will get front after winter) and going with Akebono pads (I hate the dust) and R1 Concepts rotors
Appreciate 0