E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > Renault handed suspended disqualification

09-21-2009, 11:23 PM   #23
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoblueE92 View Post
They are getting punished. They can't race for two years. Think about the loss of money that is. Everybody sees this as a slap on the wrist because the punishment is not financial. McLaren lost constructor points and paid $100 million. But they were allowed to race and keep racing.

Think of the financial problems of the development team who have probably been getting a 2010 car ready for next season. That is all going to have to be scrapped. You have engineers’, aerodynamicists’, chemists’, etc salaries to pay off for work that no longer matters. Then you have the entire Renault team who are going to be given royalties since they are all out of a job for next year and the year after. So you have management, race engineers, mechanics, logistics personnel, nutritionists, physicians, etc. Any guaranteed money from race and test drivers’ contracts will still have to be paid out. That’s going to add up fast. Not to mention their customer, Red Bull, is no longer going to be buying engines from them. I know that is no small some of money.

And do you think they are going to get back in F1 after two years and be a contender? I think not. So you have to add in more losses due to poor performance. Do you think the sponsors are going to stay? Most contracts of that nature have a clause that says something along the lines of fraudulent activity or actions that would bring the sponsor’s name into disrepute voids the contract. So more then likely, they’ll all be gone. So you have no investor’s pockets to pay all of this with to begin with.

Just because everything is not written down in the WMSC documents does not mean they are not suffering financially.
Read it again...
Quote:
The punishment will be placed on hold until the end of the 2011 season and will only be active should a similar happening take place before then
they're technically off the hook! as long as they keep their hands clean for the next two years...
      09-21-2009, 11:26 PM   #24
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoblueE92 View Post
Wow I completely misunderstood the WMSC documents. From formula1.com:

"The World Motor Sport Council considers that offences of this severity merit permanent disqualification from the FIA Formula One World Championship. However, having regard to the points in mitigation mentioned above and in particular the steps taken by Renault F1 to identify and address the failings within its team and condemn the actions of the individuals involved, the WMSC has decided to suspend Renault F1’s disqualification until the end of the 2011 season. The World Motor Sport Council will only activate this disqualification if Renault F1 is found guilty of a comparable breach during that time."

I read that as the WMSC would normally consider an offence of this nature as permanent disqualification. But since Renault let go of Symonds and Briatore, they're only being disqualified for two years with a possibility of permanent disqualification if they are found to have rigged any races between Singapore and now.

I'm dumb.

I don't blame you....as i dun think Bernie can read any better...

somehow this sends a message....anyone who are willing to risk their career for a race win...will go for a fix-win...and if get caught....resign before the hearing and walk away from it....
      09-22-2009, 07:33 AM   #25
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Decisions like this bolster the already overwhelming distrust for the series and horrendous management corruption and disproportionate rulings.
Appreciate 0