E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > I'm smarter than my professor.

06-24-2010, 04:10 PM   #23
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Was today first day of class or something?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 04:43 PM   #24
Alexander
Mad tyte EuR0 style boooi <--- Joke
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E85, MKVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
Was today first day of class or something?
4th day. I started saying well actually the Crown granted... blah blah. Then I just ignored her posted here and watched Top Gear.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 08:06 AM   #25
JoosyJoos
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Go Dawgs! Thats where I graduated from and now I'm in shitty old India doing training for SAP... got me far eh?

1997 M3 Coupe - BMWCCA I-Prepared #22
2006 M Roadster - 23,000 miles and slowly counting
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 08:04 PM   #26
fdsasdasdf
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330Ci ZHP 6sp

At least you don't have a professor so arrogant that they take the class too seriously. I'd take a dumb professor over that.

I took a 100-level public speaking class last semester. It's designed for Freshman and people that need to get their com class out of the way. It is supposed to be relatively easy and not stressful. Most people who have taken this course said that it was a joke, and if you made an effort then you would do well.

Out of every class that I've taken, this stupid 100-level public speaking course was the absofuckinglutely most stressful class that I have ever been in. He was extremely arrogant about his useless communications PHD and talked down to people with every question that they had. Each speech we had to give was a nightmare. He watched us like a freaking hawk; every gesture, every argument, etc. It was a miracle if you got a C on your speech. There was no reason for anyone to grade that strictly. All of us were taking that class because we either had to or wanted to improve our public speaking skills since we all had none or were very nervous to speak to a crowd. Yet, he expected an MLK every time you got up there, even on our first speech Let me put it this way: I wore hat my first speech. He said my hat was distracting and took points off for wearing it in addition to not formulating a good argument. By the way, our first speech was impromptu, where we received a 100% random subject, quote, statement, etc., and had 8 minutes to write a fully-developed 3-4 minute speech on it. None of us had any speaking experience prior to that speech.

At the very last day, he told us that the other people teaching public speaking were grad students and they were not "up to his level of teaching, and had higher grades than us" and as a result he had to give us a few extra points on our stuff that he did not want to give.

4% got A's in the class. I'd say that was the hardest damn A I've ever earned. It was bullshit. I've never been so stressed for a class before.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 09:13 PM   #27
Alexander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
At least you don't have a professor so arrogant that they take the class too seriously. I'd take a dumb professor over that.

I took a 100-level public speaking class last semester. It's designed for Freshman and people that need to get their com class out of the way. It is supposed to be relatively easy and not stressful. Most people who have taken this course said that it was a joke, and if you made an effort then you would do well.

Out of every class that I've taken, this stupid 100-level public speaking course was the absofuckinglutely most stressful class that I have ever been in. He was extremely arrogant about his useless communications PHD and talked down to people with every question that they had. Each speech we had to give was a nightmare. He watched us like a freaking hawk; every gesture, every argument, etc. It was a miracle if you got a C on your speech. There was no reason for anyone to grade that strictly. All of us were taking that class because we either had to or wanted to improve our public speaking skills since we all had none or were very nervous to speak to a crowd. Yet, he expected an MLK every time you got up there, even on our first speech Let me put it this way: I wore hat my first speech. He said my hat was distracting and took points off for wearing it in addition to not formulating a good argument. By the way, our first speech was impromptu, where we received a 100% random subject, quote, statement, etc., and had 8 minutes to write a fully-developed 3-4 minute speech on it. None of us had any speaking experience prior to that speech.

At the very last day, he told us that the other people teaching public speaking were grad students and they were not "up to his level of teaching, and had higher grades than us" and as a result he had to give us a few extra points on our stuff that he did not want to give.

4% got A's in the class. I'd say that was the hardest damn A I've ever earned. It was bullshit. I've never been so stressed for a class before.
That's fucked up. Public speaking is supposed to be a gimmie A, and it's purpose is to build confidence. I've taking several and they were very fun. If I don't get an A in this class I am going to kill this bitch.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 09:18 PM   #28
MCMLXXXIX
wat
Rep
Drives: a gr3at whit3 5hark

LOL

im actually experiencing the complete opposite. physics professors = ultimate nerds..though he does ramble on with the most random trivia

2012 Toyota Highlander SE - PAST - 2008 e92 335i, 2006 e90 325i
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 09:21 PM   #29
Alexander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMLXXXIX View Post
LOL

im actually experiencing the complete opposite. physics professors = ultimate nerds..though he does ramble on with the most random trivia
I'm used to International Relations classes, tenured History professors with Phd's, and former Attorneys.

Then they stick me with this dumb bitch. I think I'm older than her and she is at least twice my weight. Plus there are zero hot chicks in the class. The guy who sits in front of me plays WoW the whole time and she doesn't give us a break and never asks questions.
Appreciate 0