E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > The outer lips on my chrome exhaust tips...

06-06-2010, 07:24 AM   #1
emr0591
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 2006 TiAg

The outer lips on my chrome exhaust tips...

...are dull. I used Grime Reaper to remove the soot from them, and it was very effective. However, I was a bit too aggressive on the outer lips. I used a standard Scotch Pad, so the outer lips are now dull. I don't have access to a powertool. What metal polish can I manually use to polish these outer tips?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2010, 07:50 AM   #2
TOGWT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 630i

P21s Finish Restorer - this is a polishing product to refine a cleaned finish as opposed to cleaning, it’s formulated to polish - for any metal or plastic surface with or without a clear coat that is faded, oxidized, water marked, burnt, and dirty or built up with brake dust. This metal polish has some of the strongest restoring power of any metal polish available to consumers. Its deep cleansing formula helps release some of the most difficult build ups. Even on surfaces that look brand new you'll be amazed at how this polish works beneath the surface and removes hard to see contamination, leaves any metal surface with a shine

Apply it to your wheels, exhaust tips, bumpers, trim pieces and more to get a jaw dropping pop out of your polished surfaces. If you're looking to restore a lustrous glow to your metal surfaces and refine their finish. Used after the surface has been cleaned with the polishing soap or as a finish restorer on metal that is only lightly tarnished.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #3
turboed335
Rep
Drives: 335i

I only use 200mph all metal polish and it works great.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 11:29 AM   #4
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
TOGWT- its funny when i read your post. its like reading from some type of encyclopedia. its awesome but still funny to me.

op like the other 2 have said get a good metal polish and get to work
Appreciate 0