E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > R&D Motorsport is a Fake.

05-23-2008, 03:43 AM   #1
Sur
Private
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: 09' Space Gray M3

Thumbs down R&D Motorsport is a Fake.

This will be quite a long story )
I'm originally from Moscow, and bought 325xi e90 about 18 months ago.
I should start with the moment when I saw a thread with cntlaw's car. He posted the pics of his new Volk Progressive ME, and I totally fell in love with the rims. I decided to find a vendor here, on this forum. The search at that moment gave me 1 result - R&D Motorsports. There was an offer and 1 good response in the thread. I contacted Dave, he was very nice and kind to me. He gave a fair price, said that its not a problem to ship them to Moscow, and that the whole process will take about 3-4 months: Delivery from Japan - 2-3 months + shipping to Russia.
I have a friend working in NJ in a shipping company. I decided him to be a mid between me and R&D, as 1) he is in the USA 2) he will ship the rims to me faster than DHL, UPS or whatever. Dave from R&D was really happy that he doesn't need to handle overseas delivery, I was happy as well. I paid money in Moscow office, mid got his 10% fee and placed an order.
Every month I got mails from Dave that everything is going ok, and rims will be in time. But when the due date passed, he began to send me a lot of sad e-mails with all kinds of excuses: the shipping is delayed, there are the problems with the ship, there are the problems on the Volk factory, the rims are in US, but nobody answers the phone in depo (for 1 month ) etc. The problem was that I was in Moscow, and could do nothing. Finally, my friend from NJ told me that its a complete bullshit, and we claimed the money. The mid also told him, that he delayed the order for 6 months at that moment, and that he will sue him if he would not return the money.
Dave said that we are threatening him, and he is not going to deal with Russian mafia Nevetheless, he said that its easier for him to return money and sell the rims to someone else, more thankful to his efforts. He promised to return money to the account in a week. But after one week, he disappeared and stopped answering any emails, phone calls or whatever.
I'm asking for your advice guys what to do, although I understand that I will not return my money almost for sure. Nevertheless, PLEASE DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. I saw several negative responses about him on this forum lately, and this is one more. I repeat, don't deal with him and don't repeat my mistake.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 03:49 AM   #2
Sur
Private
Russian Federation
Rep

To be more accurate, last mail i sent to him was in february, so, about 3 months has passed already. I was really busy to handle with this problem, but i decided to write here, as it all started here and I would like to finish this issue here as well..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 04:03 AM   #3
Kit523
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F80 M3/FK8/C63S

call the credit card centre right away show them all the email and other stuff
to claim the money back!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 04:16 AM   #4
shift330
Blue Force Tracker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
+1 send your credit card company a copy of that post and they should be able to do a chargeback. There's no excuse for a set of wheels to take 6+ months no matter where you are in the world.

Stay safe 855th MP Company! Hosmer/Espinoza you're my boys!!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 05:54 AM   #5
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift330 View Post
+1 send your credit card company a copy of that post and they should be able to do a chargeback. There's no excuse for a set of wheels to take 6+ months no matter where you are in the world.
+1

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 06:27 AM   #6
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

Actually. It happens with Volks. A member here waited 6+ months for some before bailing out. Mine took 5 months and 1 week when I was originally told 3 months tops. Calling the factory is pretty much useless. Once the order goes in, there's not much you can do besides hand them your soul and wait
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 06:32 AM   #7
Sur
Private
Russian Federation
Rep

Thanks for the responses guys.

I understand that, that's why I waited more than a year before I claimed my money back )
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger View Post
Actually. It happens with Volks. A member here waited 6+ months for some before bailing out. Mine took 5 months and 1 week when I was originally told 3 months tops. Calling the factory is pretty much useless. Once the order goes in, there's not much you can do besides hand them your soul and wait
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 06:49 AM   #8
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sur View Post
Thanks for the responses guys.

I understand that, that's why I waited more than a year before I claimed my money back )
I would've lost my mind. Good luck getting a resolution
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 04:21 AM   #9
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

i wish the best for you, hope you get your money back, i am assuming its quite a bit
Appreciate 0