E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Meth Setup Help with v4... Planning Stage

08-16-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
Joshboody
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: pickemuptruck

Meth Setup Help with v4... Planning Stage

I have been starting to plan my modifications, as 50K will be here tomorrow. First performance mod will be v4, and then meth eventually. Thinking about my meth setup, I was hoping for some simple meth for dummies understanding.

I plan to use the washer reservoir and route around the radiator. Simple routing: tank to pump to flow meter to solenoid to charge pipe. Now the electronics are a little fuzzy to me, so some questions.
1. 12v source will be needed for controller and flow meter only?
2. Power source for pump and solenoid comes from controller?
3. Since the v4 will switch maps based on flow, controller will not need signal? Maybe good safety though
4. How to tap 12v in engine bay... fuse box? this is the part i'm kinda stressing about
5. Any issues with pump maybe 4ft from tank? Not sure if bumper location is below washer tank... could you use a small primer pump?
6. For flow meter do you have to use Labonte in Vishnu meth kit? Or any 0-5v will work?
7. v4 is only receiving the flow signal... nothing else right?

I think the correct progressive flow should be based on RPM and boost, but this seems way too difficult to implement.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 01:00 PM   #2
Bavarian E92
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 335 Montego

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297336

this will answer half of your questions
Appreciate 0