E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Very nice premium gas prices in Brooklyn, NY

01-12-2015, 05:33 PM   #23
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
I tried to take a pic last night, but I filled up with Petro 94 for 98.9. That's litres and Canadian dollars, still pretty cheap for us.
2002 Land Rover Discovery II - 3" lift & 33s
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 05:36 PM   #24
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

Just filled up 93 for $1.96. I'm thinking oil has another 15-20% worth of selling which should put 93 octane in my area around $1.60.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 05:40 PM   #25
Crashnbrn5
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 335i GT M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom
Just filled up 93 for $1.96. I'm thinking oil has another 15-20% worth of selling which should put 93 octane in my area around $1.60.
Yup I follow the market closely as well. Oil will bottom around 38-42 a barrel. The average price per barrel for this year will probably be 50.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 12:23 PM   #26
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashnbrn5 View Post
Yes Sir, stillwell ave and 86th st
hahaha im sure you know L&B or something like that, famous pizza spot everyone goes to. I put gas there all the time. Do you go to the "the wash" on mcdonald ave. I live few blocks away
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 12:33 PM   #27
Crashnbrn5
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
hahaha im sure you know L&B or something like that, famous pizza spot everyone goes to. I put gas there all the time. Do you go to the "the wash" on mcdonald ave. I live few blocks away
L&B forever kid (I'm assuming you're 24), lol. Been in this area my whole life, 30 years to be exact. Yes I do goto "The Wash" about every 5-6 weeks. I always get the "Kitchen Sink" package or whatever it's called....
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 01:47 PM   #28
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
L&B forever kid (I'm assuming you're 24), lol. Been in this area my whole life, 30 years to be exact. Yes I do goto "The Wash" about every 5-6 weeks. I always get the "Kitchen Sink" package or whatever it's called....
much older then that lol. i moved to brooklyn 2yrs ago with my italiana. She gave me brief tour of all the hot spots. Elegante bakery, L&B, meat supreme
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2015, 02:22 PM   #29
Crashnbrn5
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90
Quote:
much older then that lol. i moved to brooklyn 2yrs ago with my italiana. She gave me brief tour of all the hot spots. Elegante bakery, L&B, meat supreme
Haha that's great man. The 90 in your username made me assume your birth year, which is the case most times, sorry for the bad assumption. To be extremely honest that area sucks for food now. Even Bay Ridge is getting boring for me I like to go out to eat a lot.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 08:59 PM   #30
Crashnbrn5
Banned
United_States
Rep

UPDATED!!

$2.79 now.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 09:20 PM   #31
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

The rest of the economy is going to follow this tanking soon enough. Commodities are just dumping, dumping, dumping. Baltic Shipping Index is at the lowest point on record right now. Don't believe this fairy tale nonsense about there being a "glut" of available oil all of a sudden due to overproduction and it's great for the consumer. There's simply no demand for oil because the global economy is sputtering and grinding to a halt. $50 trillion in Central Bank printing for the past six years could only last so long, prepare for 07-08 on roids.

Last edited by NickyC; 01-13-2015 at 09:35 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2015, 10:20 PM   #32
Crashnbrn5
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC
The rest of the economy is going to follow this tanking soon enough. Commodities are just dumping, dumping, dumping. Baltic Shipping Index is at the lowest point on record right now. Don't believe this fairy tale nonsense about there being a "glut" of available oil all of a sudden due to overproduction and it's great for the consumer. There's simply no demand for oil because the global economy is sputtering and grinding to a halt. $50 trillion in Central Bank printing for the past six years could only last so long, prepare for 07-08 on roids.
I agree with you. I just feel that the beginning of a major drop. 30-50% will come in effect 1 year prior to the next presidential inauguration. So to put it in range, October 2015- March 2016. Or will this be a slow and tedious drop that starts in February and last till March 2016. Lots of variables. In my options Account I am ready for anything.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 09:47 AM   #33
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I agree with you. I just feel that the beginning of a major drop. 30-50% will come in effect 1 year prior to the next presidential inauguration. So to put it in range, October 2015- March 2016. Or will this be a slow and tedious drop that starts in February and last till March 2016. Lots of variables. In my options Account I am ready for anything.
I hear you. Unfortunately, I believe my greatest fear from 2008 is coming to pass. Back then, I was a strong proponent of just letting everything crash. No bailouts, no QE, none of that nonsense. Let GM go out of business, the profitable parts will be bought by good companies like Toyota or BMW. Let bad banks fail, let the scum on Wall Street jump to their deaths from their high rise offices, the culling would have been wonderful for the 99%.

But no, Paulson scared the hell out of all the sheep with his "martial law" nonsense and the politicians sold out the American people one final time to the bankers. Now, the corruption and theft is so deep and so severe nothing but an ultimate crash, a hard reset if you will, can save this country. Hell, I bet you 99% of people right now don't even know that due to the recently passed spending bill (passed by Republicans mind you who are supposedly against big government), the taxpayer is now on the hook for the degenerate derivatives gambling on Wall Street. The country and the world is now run by Goldman Sachs and JPM. Anyone who doesn't understand this is a blathering idiot who only cares about beer and football.

We should have allowed the crash, along with the severe pain to occur in 2008. The fake, phony $50 trillion in Central Bank printing has only delayed the inevitable. Nothing has been fixed, nothing has changed.
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2015, 10:09 AM   #34
Crashnbrn5
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
I hear you. Unfortunately, I believe my greatest fear from 2008 is coming to pass. Back then, I was a strong proponent of just letting everything crash. No bailouts, no QE, none of that nonsense. Let GM go out of business, the profitable parts will be bought by good companies like Toyota or BMW. Let bad banks fail, let the scum on Wall Street jump to their deaths from their high rise offices, the culling would have been wonderful for the 99%.

But no, Paulson scared the hell out of all the sheep with his "martial law" nonsense and the politicians sold out the American people one final time to the bankers. Now, the corruption and theft is so deep and so severe nothing but an ultimate crash, a hard reset if you will, can save this country. Hell, I bet you 99% of people right now don't even know that due to the recently passed spending bill (passed by Republicans mind you who are supposedly against big government), the taxpayer is now on the hook for the degenerate derivatives gambling on Wall Street. The country and the world is now run by Goldman Sachs and JPM. Anyone who doesn't understand this is a blathering idiot who only cares about beer and football.

We should have allowed the crash, along with the severe pain to occur in 2008. The fake, phony $50 trillion in Central Bank printing has only delayed the inevitable. Nothing has been fixed, nothing has changed.
To sum it up, yes I believe what you say. But I don't waste time getting mad at the situation. I just love making money off of it. does that make sense, do you profit from others' downfalls?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 04:11 PM   #35
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i

Oh, so you guys say the Economy is "sinking"? Hmmm....thats not what the Feds are saying.....

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/fed-su...190145594.html

So the energy companies aren't doing well because of the dropping oil prices, well...I don't feel bad about it. They make more money in a quarter than ANY other business in the world. Those high up tycoons made billions of dollars and are crying now because they can't give themselves their yearly bonus.

Its sucks for the low man that makes the money for those tycoons and I'm sorry but maybe they'll learn to spend their money better instead of lining their pockets with money.

But why does the energy companies play a "major" role in our economy? IMO, the consumer and certain business' are the ones that drive the economy, no? Consumer has more money to spend hence they spend it on business' that drive the economy up. Wasn't that the reason we got a extra couple hundred $$$ a few years back to "give the economy a boost"?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 08:24 PM   #36
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Coming soon-718 Cayman S

wow, it cost 6-7 dollars eqv for a gallon of petrol in the U.K. we are charge by per litre. you guys have it easy lol
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 09:28 PM   #37
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep
Drives: chariot

Paid $2.52 for 93 today at Costco. Local Sunoco is at $3.09 for 93.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 11:32 PM   #38
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Shell up the street...93 octane.....$2.02/gal.
Appreciate 1
      01-15-2015, 12:07 AM   #39
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
Oh, so you guys say the Economy is "sinking"? Hmmm....thats not what the Feds are saying.....

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/fed-su...190145594.html

So the energy companies aren't doing well because of the dropping oil prices, well...I don't feel bad about it. They make more money in a quarter than ANY other business in the world. Those high up tycoons made billions of dollars and are crying now because they can't give themselves their yearly bonus.

Its sucks for the low man that makes the money for those tycoons and I'm sorry but maybe they'll learn to spend their money better instead of lining their pockets with money.

But why does the energy companies play a "major" role in our economy? IMO, the consumer and certain business' are the ones that drive the economy, no? Consumer has more money to spend hence they spend it on business' that drive the economy up. Wasn't that the reason we got a extra couple hundred $$$ a few years back to "give the economy a boost"?
Companies like Exxon and Chevron are still raking in the profits. In record fashion actually. Exxon’s refineries made $1 million in profit every two hours during the third quarter of 2014, a 73 percent increase from a year earlier. It is a lot cheaper to run refineries when oil is this low. The big cats are still getting their bonuses.

It all depends how this all plays out in the next year or so. If OPEC(Saudis) continue to not cut production, in an attempt to go after small oil producers and try to force them out of market. If they achieve their goal, when demand does finally increase and the small producers aren't there to help meet demand. The entire country will be paying the highest gas prices in the history of this nation.

How will the US economy manage the big job layoffs that will be coming in the oil sector. Saudis want to shut down fracking/shale drilling, and it is happening as oil prices are already far below operating costs. It isn't just the US either, this will be worldwide. Other countries (Russia, Venezuela, Iran) that rely heavily on oil exports will be hit hard.

Last edited by hellrotm; 01-15-2015 at 12:12 AM..
Appreciate 1
      01-15-2015, 07:15 PM   #40
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
Germany
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
I agree, it's getting old and its starting to affect U.S manufacturing. Thankfully our investments are still in the green but it may just be a matter of time before that's affected.

So here's what I propose, I need all bimmer owners to ALWAYS drive in sports+ only! We need to do our part to stabilize gas prices!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 08:16 PM   #41
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypx View Post
I agree, it's getting old and its starting to affect U.S manufacturing. Thankfully our investments are still in the green but it may just be a matter of time before that's affected.

So here's what I propose, I need all bimmer owners to ALWAYS drive in sports+ only! We need to do our part to stabilize gas prices!
Haha, you can count on me! My little Z4M doesn't roll until the Sport button glows!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 09:11 PM   #42
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Haha, you can count on me! My little Z4M doesn't roll until the Sport button glows!
Thank you sir, next!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 09:06 AM   #43
Crashnbrn5
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypx
Quote:
Thank you sir, next!
Same, sport + 7 days a week
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 04:54 PM   #44
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Same, sport + 7 days a week