E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Service Advisor-Dealership Recommentations

06-26-2008, 03:04 PM   #1
cycler2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i Sedan

Service Advisor-Dealership Recommentations

My 328 just hit 15K miles and is ready for Service I and other stuff. I have had a good experience with Tischer, but they appear to have a new crew of service advisors whose names I do not recognize from my previous visits. Does anybody have recent experience with any of the Tischer SAs and recommendations? How about techs or service "teams?"

I'm not wedded to Tischer, however, and would be interested to hear about recent good experience with a metro Maryland dealership. I've read the old posts and know that people seem to like Passport. I bought my car there and did not have a great service experience. My Passport SA said that nothing you read about on the internet is credible and has told me "no problem found" or that problematic behavior is "normal" on two occasions. I know that happens even at the best service operations, but I got the impression that the service department did not care to spend any time diagnosing the problem. Has anyone had a good, recent experience with a Passport SA, tech, or service team?

I know KL2DC likes a particular SA at VOB, but he seems to be the only DC Metro crew member who has had a good experience there. Any updates?

Thanks in advance, guys. See you at the bbq.

Rich
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2008, 09:03 PM   #2
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

My SA at Tischer is Kristina Williams and she's OK. I think Jason (Parts guy) put in a big word for me, so she really goes out of her way to make sure I get what I need (like a BMW loaner, even though I didnt buy my car there)

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2008, 11:45 PM   #3
PFitto
Ultimate Driving Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X1

Tischer I would say to go with Kerry, and VOB Gint. I have not had any issue with any of them. Whatever I have asked them to do they have delivered. They are both really aware and worried about their report cards, so I always remind them about it.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 06:29 AM   #4
FrankoQ
Deny everything
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i; 2015 X6, S1000RR

Garage List
2015 BMW X6  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
From Tischer, Kevin Hull has been great for Service.
My only complaint... I don't get a Bimmer loaner from them.

I need a drink

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 11:38 AM   #5
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Passport has treated me real well. They picked up my car in Ashburn for service and dropped it off. All with a BMW Loaner

Dont get me started on BMW of Sterling
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 10:15 PM   #6
cycler2
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks, everyone, for your recommendations.

Rich
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2008, 02:43 AM   #7
cycler2
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Just wanted to report on my service experience. I decided to return to Tischer and I'm very pleased with the experience. I called the service manager to select an SA and it turns out that Joe Diss had been assigned to me, although I never actually dealt with him on my two previous service visits. So I decided to stick with him.

Joe was very helpful. He listened to what I wanted done, communicated well, and explained in as much detail as I wanted what the tech did. Tischer had to contact BMWNA about one item and I'll see how they handle that.

The only downside at Tischer for me, is their Metro shuttle does not run often enough (they share the shuttle with affiliated dealers in the Autopark) and the driver does not follow the stated pickup schedule. If you take a loaner (they're free even if you did not buy your car from them, although BMWs are reserved for those who do) then this won't be an issue for you.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2008, 03:00 AM   #8
IDreamofBimmers
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseto View Post
My SA at Tischer is Kristina Williams and she's OK. I think Jason (Parts guy) put in a big word for me, so she really goes out of her way to make sure I get what I need (like a BMW loaner, even though I didnt buy my car there)
Do you only get a loaner if you buy your car at Tischer?
I know this wasn't an issue at BMW of Seattle, even though i didn't buy my car there
      07-04-2008, 03:11 AM   #9
IDreamofBimmers
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 VW GTI

Is VOB really that bad?
All of the "good" dealerships are FAR from downtown rockville!!!!
and i have a few things to get done when i get into town!
      07-04-2008, 04:36 AM   #10
TheLegend
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

I got mine at VOB, I had a good experience with them and I find that their selection is much better than the other bmw dealers around the area.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2008, 05:56 AM   #11
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDreamofBimmers View Post
I know this wasn't an issue at BMW of Seattle, even though i didn't buy my car there
i didnt buy my car there, but they put me of the 'good' list though

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2008, 08:44 AM   #12
Clem
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3 AW/FR ESS VT2

I also bought mine at Tischer and get my service done by them as well. Joe Diss is my SA and he is very professional and I like him a bunch. He went the extra mile and then some to try to find an intermittent driveability issue I was having a while back. After two weeks of probing they never found the source, but it wasn't without trying. I give them an A for effort and am always treated like a valued customer.

As far as loaners go, I apparently am not on their "good list". At least not at first. My first two were garden variety stripped down clunkers from the onsite Enterprise dudes. After complaining mildy that I was feeling no love from the nasty white Galant, I was put into new Z4 3.0i. It was dirty and had a couple of big dents but it was a BMW and I had serious fun with the top down.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 06:47 PM   #13
cycler2
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDreamofBimmers View Post
You get a loaner no matter where you bought your car, but it won't be a BMW unless you bought your car there.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2008, 11:09 AM   #14
Swoop
Resident Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: You Crazy w/ My Rear Fogs

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2004 Acura TSX  [0.00]
Alan Mickinak @ BMW of Arlington.....Always a great guy...

A/W 335i e90 l Sirius l M6 Wheels l M5 Bumper l Eibachs l 20% Tint l CPE Exhaust & Standback l BLK Matte Trim l Xenon Interiors l Lux 4.0 l 8000k D1S l MTEC H7/H11s l Invisibulbs l BLK Matte Grill l Blacklines l Alum Pedals l Splt Armrest l Rear Fogs l RBT l K&N
Appreciate 0