E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Construct Auto-Terrible fitment + customer service

11-12-2009, 09:36 AM   #111
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

I agree 100% No more knockoffs..although even the authentic Reiger bumper I had prior also had some pretty bad fitment problems. At this point, I just want to make sure no one else buy's construct auto's junk. I dont know about everyone else, but I am tired of getting ripped off by the vendors on this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT3 iN NyC View Post
My advice to the OP. Take this as a learning experience and go OEM or a authentic aftermarket vendor such as Vorsteiner, Amuse, etc etc. Not "Vorsteiner style CSL trunk" or "Amuse Style front bumper". Gotta pay to play.

With $1400, you could've had a full OEM mtech front and maybe even sides painted/installed with perfect fitmet.

Best of luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 12:04 PM   #112
CONSTRUCTauto.com
Major
Rep
Drives: e90 335i - Retired, e36 M3

First of all, thanks for actually reading the thread and everything what I had to say on the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia View Post
You guys are missing the issue(s). Please learn to read... -- mig28 you are forgiven because it does not appear English is your primary language.

The main issue of "Construct Auto-Terrible Fitment + Customer Service" (taken directly verbatim from the thread title) has three subissues:
  1. Huge gap beneath vehicle between bumper and undershield.
  2. Poor fitment aligning fenders with bumper.
  3. No prior notice from vendor regarding poor fitment before buyer's purchase.
As you will see from my post below, every item on the list has been taken care of.
1 - I paid the customer to fix the problem specifically for that issue.
2 - The bumper alignes perfectly with stock fenders and hood.
3 - I have posted direct communication between buyer and myself earlier in this thread. Even the buyer can't tell that this communication didn't take place. In fact if the admin can review the communications in my PM box, I would gladly have him do it and post the results.

Quote:
Sub-Issue 1 - Huge gap beneath vehicle between bumper and undershield.
Other members argue one cannot reasonably expect aftermarket parts to fit well. Buyer argues no Vendor should reasonably sell a bumper with such egregious fitment issues wherein the bumper cannot even be properly installed, let alone "100% guaranteed fitment" as advertised by the vendor. Vendor argues the advertisement was for a different product separate from Buyer's bumper.

Vendor argues he gave buyer additional consideration of discounted price, and thus inherently dismisses and holds harmless any fitment issues or complaints. Buyer argues no discount could exist if everyone else who purchased the bumper paid the same price.
My argument is not entirely as listed in the quote above. I refunded him $100 specifically for that problem. The $100 refund was not to cover the paint, not to drill the holes but only to solve the issue with the bottom piece. I have informed him about it, he agreed to take the money and close the issue. I issued a refund rightaway.

Quote:
Sub-Issue 2 - Poor fitment aligning fenders with bumper.
Buyer argues fenders do not align without significant modification, leaving bumper unmodified would make Buyer's vehicle look like a cheap Honda. Other members argue one cannot reasonably expect aftermarket parts to fit well like OEM parts do.

Vendor argues he gave buyer additional consideration of discounted price, and thus inherently dismisses and holds harmless any fitment issues or complaints. Buyer argues no discount could exist if everyone else who purchased the bumper paid the same price.
Actually I can tell you right now that the bumper alignes with the fenders well. The bumper needs no modification or body work when it comes to fitment with the fenders, hood and any visible part of the car. I dare Josh to post pictures of the fitment with the fender and hood. Lets see some detailed shots of the car's exterior.

Quote:
Sub-Issue 3 - No prior notice from vendor regarding poor fitment before buyer's purchase.
Buyer argues there was no notice from vendor that bumper did not fit correctly. Vendor argues he gave buyer notice via PM prior to purchase.

Vendor argues he gave buyer further discount of $100 post-purchase to resolve issue of fitment and that Buyer accepted this offer, thus the issue should be resolved. Buyer argues Vendor initiated refund, but the actual funds have not been received.

Vendor argues the simple fact of providing a discount inherently suggests a hold harmless regarding fitment. Buyer argues this is a ridiculous standard to any reasonable buyer.
Please see the above. The initial discount given was for all the faults that I have informed the customer prior to him buying the bumper. Extra $100 was issued fo a specific issue of the bumper not being long enough on the bottom.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 12:11 PM   #113
CONSTRUCTauto.com
Major
Rep
Drives: e90 335i - Retired, e36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlucci1 View Post
Are you even reading my posts? I never wanted money, I wanted what I paid for, which is a bumper that fits correctly. I cant even get the damn kidney grills to fit because the cutout in the bumper is too small. I had to cut them down and superglue them in..just another thing that was not mentioned to me.
Wow...you are a liar arn't you. I have told you about the grilles in the PM before you purchased the bumper. I still have all the communications in my PM box, and copies of it in the e-mail box.

Didn't think you would resourt to this but I have all the proof in the world. This is the reason why you are not able to do a chargeback or do anything with BBB. You can post these lies here but when it comes to the actual proof and communications, I got it all.

Low.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 12:51 PM   #114
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

You are REALLY pissing me off..You DID NOT tell me the kidney grills DIDNT FIT. You told me the holes had to be drilled. Here's proof..they DONT FIT. The cutout in the bumper is not long enough for them so they had to be bent to fit, which is evident by the huge gap in the pic. Show me where you told me about that..lets see the pm's..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONSTRUCTauto.com View Post
Wow...you are a liar arn't you. I have told you about the grilles in the PM before you purchased the bumper. I still have all the communications in my PM box, and copies of it in the e-mail box.

Didn't think you would resourt to this but I have all the proof in the world. This is the reason why you are not able to do a chargeback or do anything with BBB. You can post these lies here but when it comes to the actual proof and communications, I got it all.

Low.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 12:53 PM   #115
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

You have it all? The BBB report is filed, and I never initiated a chargeback because its not worth the effort. If you had it all you wouldnt be running some half assed, BS internet busness. And you might be able to spell and speak english correctly, but seems you cant do that either

Quote:

Low.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 01:01 PM   #116
AlpineG05
hi
Rep
Drives: Alpine White G05

Wow that grill fitment looks nasty, damn i would be pissed looking at that everyday.
      11-12-2009, 01:02 PM   #117
KkSc
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 13'FR-S/15' F80 M3

why don't Construct post all the PM's and OP posts more pictures, now it's only an argement without some specific proof!!

2015 F80 Alpine White M3
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 01:07 PM   #118
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Thanks for reminding me I want to rip them out everytime I open the hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine 335i View Post
Wow that grill fitment looks nasty, damn i would be pissed looking at that everyday.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 01:08 PM   #119
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I am the only one who has offered ANY proof..Construct just keeps using the same line over and over..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkSc View Post
why don't Construct post all the PM's and OP posts more pictures, now it's only an argement without some specific proof!!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 01:25 PM   #120
KkSc
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 13'FR-S/15' F80 M3

Quote:
I am the only one who has offered ANY proof..Construct just keeps using the same line over and over..
i know..that's why i m just curious why contruct didn't just post the PM's and save the arguement..

2015 F80 Alpine White M3
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 02:03 PM   #121
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Because they dont exist..he never told me any of this stuff.. How could he ever sell a bumper if he was honest about the fitment?

Quote:
i know..that's why i m just curious why contruct didn't just post the PM's and save the arguement..
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 07:13 PM   #122
AlpineG05
hi
Rep
Drives: Alpine White G05

Quote:
Thanks for reminding me I want to rip them out everytime I open the hood.
no problem haha
      11-12-2009, 09:26 PM   #123
Shazmonkee
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

Garage List
Quote:
You are REALLY pissing me off..You DID NOT tell me the kidney grills DIDNT FIT. You told me the holes had to be drilled. Here's proof..they DONT FIT. The cutout in the bumper is not long enough for them so they had to be bent to fit, which is evident by the huge gap in the pic. Show me where you told me about that..lets see the pm's..
Ouch.. now that i'm looking at it, it seems that you're right. He never mentioned the kidney grill wouldn't fit at all..just that it had to be drilled. Ugly. Sorry.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 02:50 PM   #124
CaliE90
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2021 M550xi  [0.00]
Quote:
+1, that might help
      11-22-2009, 06:49 AM   #125
zellex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335xi

Even though it seems as if Construct had sent a pretty bad item, and potentially false advertised, the fact that jcarlucci1 accepted the $100 to fix the situation, but later turned on Construct is something I will never vouch for.

Just so you know, if you ever get in a situation where a settlement was issued to rectify a situation, if you take the settlement, you are forgoing your right to "complain" about the problem. Right now, you're in a breach of "contract", and from what I see, that negates all of your comments completely.

I understand that there was no formal agreement or "contract", but in all honesty, it's the OP's fault for accepting the settlement, THEN realizing that he could've gotten more, and decided to flame on the website.

In all honesty, if you go aftermarket, there's no guarantee you get what you're looking for, and to dish out $1000+ is just silly.

To fix the issue, OP show us the PM where Construct says that he will give you perfect fitment. If you're going by his website, then tell me his online price of the bumper you selected (there are a few on there; I have no idea which one you bought), and the price you got it for (please don't add on shipping or other misc charges). (If prices are the same, then Construct is definitely being sneaky here)

For Construct, show us the PM where you tell jcarlucci1 ALL the issues including kidney grills NOT FITTING, and that the bumper is NOT A DIRECT FIT. (the PMs have to address ALL issues, otherwise I'd say it's your negligence that caused this whole problem on the forums).

Whoever can't provide the information is not being upfront about everything.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 07:28 AM   #126
Paranoia
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zellex View Post
Even though it seems as if Construct had sent a pretty bad item, and potentially false advertised, the fact that jcarlucci1 accepted the $100 to fix the situation, but later turned on Construct is something I will never vouch for.

Just so you know, if you ever get in a situation where a settlement was issued to rectify a situation, if you take the settlement, you are forgoing your right to "complain" about the problem. Right now, you're in a breach of "contract", and from what I see, that negates all of your comments completely.
Quote:
My argument is not entirely as listed in the quote above. I refunded him $100 specifically for that problem. The $100 refund was not to cover the paint, not to drill the holes but only to solve the issue with the bottom piece. I have informed him about it, he agreed to take the money and close the issue. I issued a refund rightaway.
As stated by vendor the $100 was specifically to rectify fitment issues with the bottom of the bumper. Even assuming OP forgoes the issue of bumper not fitting on the bottom without extension, the issues of the poor fitments of the kidney grilles and fender alignment (allegedly) remain.

Quote:
I understand that there was no formal agreement or "contract", but in all honesty, it's the OP's fault for accepting the settlement, THEN realizing that he could've gotten more, and decided to flame on the website.
No formal agreement needed. Contract just requires a promise be made and that the promise be legally enforceable. With the facts provided can argue both sides, but obviously as many have stated we need the PMs.

Quote:

In all honesty, if you go aftermarket, there's no guarantee you get what you're looking for, and to dish out $1000+ is just silly.

To fix the issue, OP show us the PM where Construct says that he will give you perfect fitment. If you're going by his website, then tell me his online price of the bumper you selected (there are a few on there; I have no idea which one you bought), and the price you got it for (please don't add on shipping or other misc charges). (If prices are the same, then Construct is definitely being sneaky here)

For Construct, show us the PM where you tell jcarlucci1 ALL the issues including kidney grills NOT FITTING, and that the bumper is NOT A DIRECT FIT. (the PMs have to address ALL issues, otherwise I'd say it's your negligence that caused this whole problem on the forums).

Whoever can't provide the information is not being upfront about everything.
Yes, many members have asked for those PMs. Got some stuff pasted here and there, but since no real way of authentication it's still just . One member suggested screenshots which more plausible since ever slightly more difficult to doctor.

Since nothing new came out thread stagnated and died until dark335i revived.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 05:32 PM   #127
zellex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335xi

Read the title and the first few post. Initial complaint is poor service and the bumper is like 6 inches off. Everything else followed afterwards (I'm not sure about fender alignment, like you said neither side provided concrete evidence [photos/PMs]). Kidney grill argument started on like page 4-5. (There was complaint about holes needed to be drilled for the fender, but Construct has provided PMs already showing that he mentioned that part already).

I posted my message so that it would summarize what we all wanted in one message. The problem with so many people replying with useless information is that what we want gets buried in hundreds of posts, and then it becomes impossible to call either person out.

Quote:
As stated by vendor the $100 was specifically to rectify fitment issues with the bottom of the bumper. Even assuming OP
forgoes the issue of bumper not fitting on the bottom without extension, the issues of the poor fitments of the kidney grilles and fender alignment (allegedly) remain.

No formal agreement needed. Contract just requires a promise be made and that the promise be legally enforceable. With the facts provided can argue both sides, but obviously as many have stated we need the PMs.

Yes, many members have asked for those PMs. Got some stuff pasted here and there, but since no real way of authentication it's still just . One member suggested screenshots which more plausible since ever slightly more difficult to doctor.

Since nothing new came out thread stagnated and died until dark335i revived.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 11:10 PM   #128
Paranoia
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark335i View Post
Not really, look at the times.
You are right.

Quote:
Read the title and the first few post. Initial complaint is poor service and the bumper is like 6 inches off. Everything else followed afterwards (I'm not sure about fender alignment, like you said neither side provided concrete evidence [photos/PMs]). Kidney grill argument started on like page 4-5. (There was complaint about holes needed to be drilled for the fender, but Construct has provided PMs already showing that he mentioned that part already).

I posted my message so that it would summarize what we all wanted in one message. The problem with so many people replying with useless information is that what we want gets buried in hundreds of posts, and then it becomes impossible to call either person out.
I agree, and I believe I posted an adequate and arguably more comprehensive summary as well. Threads evolve and the original primary issue evolves into multiple sub-issues which become detailed later in the thread.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2009, 11:03 AM   #129
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

At this point I am going to leave it up to everyone else to decide. I have made my argument, provided pics, provided other members who have had the same issue, etc. Yes i did accept $100 from construct, but this bumper cost me $1400 and still does not fit right. You can plainly see where construct has lied several times in this thread, and even admitted to selling me a faulty bumper..Its on him to prove where he told me about the fitment problems..but its not going to happen, because I was never told.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 10:23 AM   #130
Simon_135i
Collecting dust!
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 E82/135i  [0.00]
Sorry to see that the bumper doesn't fit jcarlucci1 and as a buyer I would be frustrated too. However, I have nothing but positive experiences with Peter thus far. Been to his company's shop multiple times and they have GONE out of their way with their customer service. Even staying late to install my bumper and skirts recently.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2009, 11:00 AM   #131
phantome46
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Convertible - Sakhir

Simon post some pictures of your car with the bumper and skirts to show the guys the fitment. might re assure some future customers?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2009, 07:18 PM   #132
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Which bumper is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_135i View Post
Sorry to see that the bumper doesn't fit jcarlucci1 and as a buyer I would be frustrated too. However, I have nothing but positive experiences with Peter thus far. Been to his company's shop multiple times and they have GONE out of their way with their customer service. Even staying late to install my bumper and skirts recently.
Appreciate 0