E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > VANOS Control with the Xede

06-08-2007, 01:33 PM   #45
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r View Post
Here are some of my reasons behind my decision to wait...
1. Current PROcede wire harnesses do not have the wires to support v2 features
2. No officially released map switch yet (wireless or wired), sorry, but I NEED a wife mode.
3. Fuel pump problems (my pump got replaced with a pump that i think might go out again!)
4. Waiting to see if anyone's cars blow up
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugen.niederreiter View Post
1. I know the PROcede harness in and out. It's no issue to add or to remove a wire. Zero skill requirement.
2. It is still announced. If you need a solution in advance, use my wireless access.
3. The fuel pump problem is not related to the PROcede, it's a random problem.
4. I am fine with the current experience.

Stop waiting, enjoy what's available. I always can wait for something better or cheaper. I will end up in beeing frustrated and having nothing. Enjoy life !
1. Shiv stated several times that he was waiting on pins and connectors for the harness to come in from out of country... how readily availible are the parts needed to make these wires?
2. Your wireless access requires a laptop to switch to a stock map, i want a switch
3. I know its a random problem, which is why i dont trust this car enough right now to spend too much time/money doing warranty voiding modifications.
4. I agree, the PROcede has proven itself to be safe

Trust me, I really want to buy a PROcede, and start "enjoying life" as you put it... but the above issues are just barely enough to keep me from hitting that order button, and they are not all Vishnu's fault either.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 01:42 PM   #46
SfValley335i
Colonel
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan

Heres a thread from EvolutionM.net, it shows the process of adding an additional wire to the wiring harness of an Xede. I'm sure the process is similar for a Procede since the connectors on both products are the same?

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=138485
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 01:45 PM   #47
e.n335
Austria
Rep
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r View Post
1. Shiv stated several times that he was waiting on pins and connectors for the harness to come in from out of country... how readily availible are the parts needed to make these wires?
2. Your wireless access requires a laptop to switch to a stock map, i want a switch
3. I know its a random problem, which is why i dont trust this car enough right now to spend too much time/money doing warranty voiding modifications.
4. I agree, the PROcede has proven itself to be safe

Trust me, I really want to buy a PROcede, and start "enjoying life" as you put it... but the above issues are just barely enough to keep me from hitting that order button, and they are not all Vishnu's fault either.
Ok.

Let's be honest. Shiv develops a very good software tuning solution and utilizes his ECU computer. It is visible now, that the XEDE needs a hardware upgrade to follow up. Wait for the right thing.

Cheers
Eugen
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 01:56 PM   #48
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugen.niederreiter View Post
Ok.

Let's be honest. Shiv develops a very good software tuning solution and utilizes his ECU computer. It is visible now, that the XEDE needs a hardware upgrade to follow up. Wait for the right thing.

Cheers
Eugen
I completely agree.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2007, 07:57 PM   #49
cupspeed
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

interesting, long read though.

saving it for later tonight