E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Police officer framing observer

02-06-2014, 08:11 AM   #1
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

Police officer framing observer

Thought this might interest some after the £430k compensation case
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fc7_1391532479

I wonder if this officer will get to claim compensation for being a complete bell end.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....reater-6676499
      02-06-2014, 08:22 AM   #2
xenon
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport

They have an undeniably difficult job but the worst enemy of the Police comes from within when they get utter cnuts like this wearing the uniform.
Previous: 2018 A6 Avant S-Line MMI+, 2014 F31 320d M-Sport, 2013 F10 520d M-Sport, 2011 F10 530d M-Sport, 2008 320i M-Sport Coupe, 2002 325i, 2001 318i valvetronic, 1998 318i, 1996 525i, 1990 Porsche 944S2
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 10:08 AM   #3
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 LCI M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
They have an undeniably difficult job but the worst enemy of the Police comes from within when they get utter cnuts like this wearing the uniform.
Totally agree, and sadly I imagine that many members here would have personal experience of unreasonable behaviour by the police, or of them exceeding their authority, I certainly have, is it any wonder that we, the public, have a less than favourable view of the police?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 02:27 AM   #4
dar2008
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 and E92 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
That is really shocking. I know the Police have a difficult job to do at the best of times, but that policemen should at the very least be severely disciplined, but imo really should not keep his job - people like him don't belong in a 21st century modern police service - the key word being 'service' - to the community.
      02-07-2014, 04:25 AM   #5
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Hardly shocking, police playing the game with protestors.

By being a protestor you're entering into a cat and mouse game with the police. He was hardly "framed" were any of us there to smell his breath? No.

Instead of whingeing about it he should have just blown in the bag and walked away with a big smile on his face.

Unless of course he had been drinking and driving?

Last edited by doughboy; 02-07-2014 at 04:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 05:54 AM   #6
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 LCI M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post

By being a protestor you're entering into a cat and mouse game with the police. He was hardly "framed" were any of us there to smell his breath? No.

Instead of whingeing about it he should have just blown in the bag and walked away with a big smile on his face.

If I recall correctly, the policeman asked if he'd had a drink and the guy replied that he'd had tea. The policeman then repeatedly said that the guy had admitted "drinking" and demanded a breath test.

In another report I read the cameraman had not driven that morning because he'd stayed the night on site. Is it lawful to insist that a pedestrian be breath tested with absolutely NO evidence that he'd been driving?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 08:01 AM   #7
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Quote:

So lets say he did cooperate and gave the test. It goes off the chart. What then? It proves he's been drinking but since he's not actually in a car let alone behind the wheel how do they charge him for drink driving? Is the law such that we just trust the word of officer speccywankstick? Is it a case of simply because he has a black uniform and some badges his word means more than that of the man who protests his innocence? Would you really be happy living in a country that was under such rule?

Forgive me if I'm wrong but we have fought wars on foreign soils against such regimes.

The guy is an unreasonable prick and will hopefully be drummed out the brownies. You can even see on the face of the young officer that is ordered to deal with it that he thinks "what the fuck is going on here".

Last edited by mowflow; 02-07-2014 at 10:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 08:08 AM   #8
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

My other half is a police officer, as is my sister and friends. I like to think all of them do their job fairly.

I always observe the law and I'm never in trouble. but I too have found myself in difficulty with the police and if anyone thinks the police and the legal system are fair, you're kidding yourself on.

A bit on a long story.

A few years back we had a family night out for my brother who was leaving. It was a Monday night, so not a big wild drunken night.

At the end of the night, someone bought my sister a bottle of wine as a thank you as she used to work in the pub. I was carrying this bottle outside the pub to take home as my sister popped back into the toilet. Nobody was drinking it.

The bottle of wine was handed back just before a police officer suddenly came to question me about the bottle. He was instantly aggressive and started pushing me around. This annoyed people who had nothing to do with us.

He suggested we took a walk for a chat and I agreed. He started giving me all the nonsense about drunks in the street and how street drinking was an offence.

I merely pointed out that nobody was drunk and the bottle of wine was not even being drunk. I also then pointed out that his aggression had upset a lot of people and created an incident out of absolutely nothing.

Next thing I noticed his arm swing and I thought he was going to punch me. I quickly ducked out the way. Next thing I realised he was hanging over the back of me trying to spray me with CS gas. On his first attempt to spray me he actually got the female PC he was with in the face and she was lying face down on the ground.

There was a state of shock after that. Everyone was silent and looking on disbelief.

After about a minute the PC suddenly put in an urgent request for police backup and said about the officer being down.

Next think police cars arrived from every where. Two highway patrol cars, 2-3 unmarked cars, about 6-7 police cars and a few vans. You thought something major was happening.

All hell kicked loose as the police officers battered everyone who was there. Hit first ask questions later.

My brothers, sister and myself were all arrested and charged with countless offences from breach of the peace up to police assault all of which were fabricated.

We were all battered and bruised and I had a huge chemical burn on my face due to the CS gas getting sprayed from a few inches and for so long.

The police failed to provide any statements or evidence for 18 months after countless attempts and dates in court to progress the case to trial.

We made repeated requests for witnesses including a Sargent and an Inspector who had identified themselves as being in charge on the night, they all denied they were there and refused to be our witnesses.

We finally got the video from the highway patrol car after they denied it existed. It had however been edited. The sound went missing at our case but the footage was fine.

The highway patrol car was first on scene and arrived to a situation of calmness. Next you see police grabbing innocent members of the public, three pin one down and a fourth is seen pull his hair and smash his face off the road. This guy was never charged with anything. People getting thrown all over the place. It was carnage.

The Sargent and Inspector who refused to be our witnesses as they denied being there, were clearly caught on this film as being there.

Once in court, the police gave forward 4 police witnesses from around 25 who were there and the pub manager, who apparently gave a statement who backed up the police on the night.

However in the court the pub manager backed up our version of events and denied the statement that was provided to the court was his.

First officer up was the female. PC Elane Mclenan who first refused to take the oath. She admitted she always took the oath in other cases.

She then ended up providing evidence about how she witnessed PC Mark Robertson being punched by my brother. She then started crying and said she felt "nervous and under pressure".

Our four solicitors ripped her to bit before she conceded she didn't actually see a punch and didn't believe it had happened. She wouldn't admit she lied, just "exaggerated" her evidence.

At this point we were told the the Procurator Fiscal taking the case wanted to end it there. She phoned her boss to say the case was ruined. However, her boss instructed her to see it out and try and get something to stick.

Impartial my arse!!!!!

Pc Mark Robertson was then ripped to bits and exposed as a liar.

Pc Scott Malone then was ripped to bits and shown as being a liar. One of the funniest bits was when the Sheriff asked him to read out what he had written in his notebook from that night. He pulled the book from his pocket, found the page and started to read out what was in it.

He started reading out "I'm detaining you under section.......", the Sheriff and solicitor both stopped him. They pointed out he wasn't detaining, he was arresting.

The Sheriff then asked to see his book and he didn't want to give it over. Finally he did and the book was blank. There wasn't anything in his book at all.

Pc Derek Mcleod was then embarrassed beyond all belief. He lost the plot in the court and had to be calmed down on various occasions. Completely exposed as a liar, stupid and very aggressive.

It was exposed that one officer had made up all the statements, same spelling and grammar errors throughout.

17 days on trial and you wouldn't believe all the nonsense that went on. The police were sending along police officers to sit in court to watch and listen. The officers who work in the court were utterly appalled and even the women working in the court were giving us support.

We couldn't afford to keep the trial running on and were advised by our solicitors that at the end of the prosecution evidence, there was simply no way any of the evidence would be deemed credible or reliable.

We had countless witnesses who were also impartial and were going to further ruin the police evidence.

Anyways on the basis of the police evidence and the pub manager, the Sheriff said that is was a clear case of perjury. Absolutely no argument about that. He cut the police to bits.

We then started a case to have the officers charged. One of the solicitors took the case on free of charge. All four solicitors said it was as clear cut as you'd ever see. About 70 years of experience between them.

After a few weeks the area procurator fiscal wrote back to say he didn't think it was in the public interest and wasn't going to proceed with the case. We were stunned by this decision.

The complaint was quickly submitted again. We got a letter back a few weeks later from a different area procurator fiscal, saying that although he thought there was a case to answer, the legal stance in that the only person who could have overturned the decision, was the person who made the original decision.

Turns out that person had been promoted to Sheriff and was no longer there to overturn his decision. Case closed.

Total cover up from top to bottom.

Countless police behaved like thugs, did everything they could to have us charged to save themselves, were willing to lie in court and then still get protection by the supposed impartial legal system.

Lothian and Borders should have lost a lot of officers over this case.

The only internal action was for officers use of the CS gas.

Since the case PC Scott Malone resigned after accusations that he was having sex with women he arrested including a 15 year old in the police station.

Pc Derek Mcloed was later jailed for giving secret police information to gangsters and for having a cannabis farm at this home.

He is corrupt to the core and has also been caught burning down his house and post office to commit insurance fraud.

There is good officers, but from experience, there is a whole lot of bad apples who will back their own before they will do the right thing.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 08:23 AM   #9
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

I googled some of those Police officers names. Bloody hell.

My parents next door neighbour was a DS officer. He got disciplined and demoted for fabricating a statement.

My mates girlfriend recently transferred to crime stoppers as an officer because she couldn't deal with what she was seeing from other officers.

On the flip side. I have a friend that joined the Police about 2 years ago. He was stabbed several times in the thigh while attending a domestic last year. He still managed to restrain the nutter then carry his unconscious partner down 6 flights of stairs to the car. He also went back to work as soon as he could and hasn't looked for compensation.
      02-07-2014, 08:51 AM   #10
dar2008
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 and E92 M3 Comp

Quote:

Watch the full 6minute video version. The man clearly tells the policeman he's had a cup of tea that morning. The policeman then tells his colleagues "This man smells of alcohol and he's already admitted having two drinks this morning"

Guy deserves to lose his job, end of.
      02-07-2014, 10:53 AM   #11
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

I know two officers and was at a christening when one told me the next time I see you driving without a belt on I'm going to have to pull you , Thats fair enough I replied .Thinking I always wear my belt , What car was I driving Mark ? A white fiesta ! help your self then as I don't have a White Fiesta ,What a complete cock . Same afternoon I observed him getting into the red wine and well sloshed and then drove the 5 miles home ,I questioned wether it was advisable he said it be fine they all know me ,

Today I would be doing a 999 and reporting him but at the time thought I aint a snitch ,but now consider what happens to anyone he kills or runs over etc , I think it comes with age or just my total lack of respect for the officers we choose to employe .
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 12:18 PM   #12
Billyray911
Brigadier General
Venezuela
Rep
Drives: Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr
My other half is a police officer, as is my sister and friends. I like to think all of them do their job fairly.

I always observe the law and I'm never in trouble. but I too have found myself in difficulty with the police and if anyone thinks the police and the legal system are fair, you're kidding yourself on.

A bit on a long story.

A few years back we had a family night out for my brother who was leaving. It was a Monday night, so not a big wild drunken night.

At the end of the night, someone bought my sister a bottle of wine as a thank you as she used to work in the pub. I was carrying this bottle outside the pub to take home as my sister popped back into the toilet. Nobody was drinking it.

The bottle of wine was handed back just before a police officer suddenly came to question me about the bottle. He was instantly aggressive and started pushing me around. This annoyed people who had nothing to do with us.

He suggested we took a walk for a chat and I agreed. He started giving me all the nonsense about drunks in the street and how street drinking was an offence.

I merely pointed out that nobody was drunk and the bottle of wine was not even being drunk. I also then pointed out that his aggression had upset a lot of people and created an incident out of absolutely nothing.

Next thing I noticed his arm swing and I thought he was going to punch me. I quickly ducked out the way. Next thing I realised he was hanging over the back of me trying to spray me with CS gas. On his first attempt to spray me he actually got the female PC he was with in the face and she was lying face down on the ground.

There was a state of shock after that. Everyone was silent and looking on disbelief.

After about a minute the PC suddenly put in an urgent request for police backup and said about the officer being down.

Next think police cars arrived from every where. Two highway patrol cars, 2-3 unmarked cars, about 6-7 police cars and a few vans. You thought something major was happening.

All hell kicked loose as the police officers battered everyone who was there. Hit first ask questions later.

My brothers, sister and myself were all arrested and charged with countless offences from breach of the peace up to police assault all of which were fabricated.

We were all battered and bruised and I had a huge chemical burn on my face due to the CS gas getting sprayed from a few inches and for so long.

The police failed to provide any statements or evidence for 18 months after countless attempts and dates in court to progress the case to trial.

We made repeated requests for witnesses including a Sargent and an Inspector who had identified themselves as being in charge on the night, they all denied they were there and refused to be our witnesses.

We finally got the video from the highway patrol car after they denied it existed. It had however been edited. The sound went missing at our case but the footage was fine.

The highway patrol car was first on scene and arrived to a situation of calmness. Next you see police grabbing innocent members of the public, three pin one down and a fourth is seen pull his hair and smash his face off the road. This guy was never charged with anything. People getting thrown all over the place. It was carnage.

The Sargent and Inspector who refused to be our witnesses as they denied being there, were clearly caught on this film as being there.

Once in court, the police gave forward 4 police witnesses from around 25 who were there and the pub manager, who apparently gave a statement who backed up the police on the night.

However in the court the pub manager backed up our version of events and denied the statement that was provided to the court was his.

First officer up was the female. PC Elane Mclenan who first refused to take the oath. She admitted she always took the oath in other cases.

She then ended up providing evidence about how she witnessed PC Mark Robertson being punched by my brother. She then started crying and said she felt "nervous and under pressure".

Our four solicitors ripped her to bit before she conceded she didn't actually see a punch and didn't believe it had happened. She wouldn't admit she lied, just "exaggerated" her evidence.

At this point we were told the the Procurator Fiscal taking the case wanted to end it there. She phoned her boss to say the case was ruined. However, her boss instructed her to see it out and try and get something to stick.

Impartial my arse!!!!!

Pc Scott Malone then was ripped to bits and shown as being a liar. One of the funniest bits was when the Sheriff asked him to read out what he had written in his notebook from that night. He pulled the book from his pocket, found the page and started to read out what was in it.

He started reading out "I'm detaining you under section.......", the Sheriff and solicitor both stopped him. They pointed out he wasn't detaining, he was arresting.

The Sheriff then asked to see his book and he didn't want to give it over. Finally he did and the book was blank. There wasn't anything in his book at all.

Pc Derek Mcleod was then embarrassed beyond all belief. He lost the plot in the court and had to be calmed down on various occasions. Completely exposed as a liar, stupid and very aggressive.

It was exposed that one officer had made up all the statements, same spelling and grammar errors throughout.

17 days on trial and you wouldn't believe all the nonsense that went on. The police were sending along police officers to sit in court to watch and listen. The officers who work in the court were utterly appalled and even the women working in the court were giving us support.

We couldn't afford to keep the trial running on and were advised by our solicitors that at the end of the prosecution evidence, there was simply no way any of the evidence would be deemed credible or reliable.

We had countless witnesses who were also impartial and were going to further ruin the police evidence.

Anyways on the basis of the police evidence and the pub manager, the Sheriff said that is was a clear case of perjury. Absolutely no argument about that. He cut the police to bits.

We then started a case to have the officers charged. One of the solicitors took the case on free of charge. All four solicitors said it was as clear cut as you'd ever see. About 70 years of experience between them.

After a few weeks the area procurator fiscal wrote back to say he didn't think it was in the public interest and wasn't going to proceed with the case. We were stunned by this decision.

The complaint was quickly submitted again. We got a letter back a few weeks later from a different area procurator fiscal, saying that although he thought there was a case to answer, the legal stance in that the only person who could have overturned the decision, was the person who made the original decision.

Turns out that person had been promoted to Sheriff and was no longer there to overturn his decision. Case closed.

Countless police behaved like thugs, did everything they could to have us charged to save themselves, were willing to lie in court and then still get protection by the supposed impartial legal system.

Since the case PC Scott Malone resigned after accusations that he was having sex with women he arrested including a 15 year old in the police station.

Pc Derek Mcloed was later jailed for giving secret police information to gangsters and for having a cannabis farm at this home.

He is corrupt to the core and has also been caught burning down his house and post office to commit insurance fraud.

There is good officers, but from experience, there is a whole lot of bad apples who will back their own before they will do the right thing.
Wow mate,that is truly shocking-I honestly don't know what to say about that-it must have been hell for you all.The court process sounded laughable and it's good to hear that some of the corrupt few have been weeded out-not enough of them though...
Scooba in the other thread said it well about the minority affecting the majority of bib who are doing a good job.
Scots law appears to be a funny old thing-a bit of a pre PACE hybrid.Thats probably why there appear to be a lot of issues and the apparent mentality of not being accountable for their actions...
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 08:28 AM   #13
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post

A bit on a long story.

Impartial my arse!!!!!

shocking!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 12:08 PM   #14
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

How many off the officers still employed by the force ? ,The article about the Met officers sending filth around , It comes as little surprise to me they aren't being charged but have been put on limited duties .

If joe public was distributing filth and was caught you can bet your last penny they would be charged

Unfortunatly one rule for one another for the rest
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 03:21 PM   #15
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

I wonder what our 1 or 2 resident (and usually decent I find) coppers will have to say about Kerr's account. It makes my piss boil, but as with anything it's impossible for the good to rise above in the face of such shameful behavior, and so all are tarred with the same brush.

Matt
Appreciate 0