E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Just detailed my new car

06-18-2007, 03:39 PM   #1
TML BMW
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Ford

Just detailed my new car

Hello all, I just took delivery of my car (E92 328i), and did a full exterior detail with a bunch of stuff ordered from Detailed Image (extremely helpful, thanks a TON guys). I used P21S car wash and wheel cleaner, clay, P21S paint cleanser, Menzerna FMJ, and then P21S Wax. The car looks fantastic all around, except for one part.... The trim around the windows looks terrible. When my dad and I picked up the car a few days ago, the trim looked like it had some deposits all over it, kind of like water spots in a way. I figured it would come off with a good wash, but it did not. Then I used the P21S paint cleanser to see if that would help.. but no. Finally I used P21S finish restorer to try and buff it out but it would not. The stains are over the entire trim all around. I took it to the dealer today to try and get it looked at, and the service guy said I would have to bring it back for an appointment. He didnt even have anyone experienced come take a look. Oh well, any ideas as to what this is??
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 06:08 PM   #2
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I wonder if FMJ is safe on trim. I use Clearkote's Vanilla Moose Glaze on my trim and it might do the trick for you. Are you applying this by hand or PC?

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 08:26 PM   #3
TML BMW
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Ford

by hand, and the stains were already there when I got the car. I just picture the car at the dealership getting the trim buffed and burning through the surrounding paint, trying to remove the stains.
Appreciate 0