E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Southern CT vynil???

11-10-2011, 12:17 PM   #1
scarzie
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
Southern CT vynil???

Hey guys,

I\'m looking for somewhere to get my window trim wrapped in vynil and am lost as to where to begin looking. Anyone here in the southern-mi CT area get this done? I may just ask my local window tinting guy if I supplied to vynil, but I feel like I\'m going to get killed with the price if it\'s not something they really do often. Thanks!
      11-10-2011, 12:18 PM   #2
scarzie
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Wow, sorry for all the punctuation and spelling errors, typed it up quick on my iPhone.
      11-11-2011, 08:06 AM   #3
Mehale
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Everyone here is going to tell you to get it painted instead of vinyl'd. Before it was normal to get it painted, i had gotten mine vinyl'd at a shop in New Jersey.

I'm sure if you really wanted it vinyl'd you can get it done at AutoCouture. They do some vinyl work.

I went a some vinyl "professionals" in CT to get it done before getting it done in NJ and they absolutely did a pathetic job on the vinyl'ing and on top of that took the exact-o knife to the paint of my car. Was absolutely furious with the job. I highly do not recommend taking it to get Vinyl'd by anyone other than vendors on these forums. They will not know what to do and it'll be painful to explain to the.

MAC and probably your best bet to paint the window trim for you. AutoCouture is probably your best bet to get it vinyl'd. Again, everyone is going to tell you to paint it.
2007 335i 6MT Sport Package - Dinan Free Flow Exhaust - 20% Tints - Matte Grille - Black BMW Emblems - Ambergones - Blackline Taillights - Full MTech Body Kit - Daeos Angel Eyes - Lux 5.0 - Vorsteiner Front Lip - 19" VMR v710: Matte Black - Carbon Fiber Vinyl Interior Trim - Black Vinyl Window Trim - Nokya 2500k Foglight Bulbs - Vishnu v5 - BMS DCI
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 09:11 AM   #4
MusclezMarinara
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: VALNCYA

Garage List
hit up autocouture!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 09:18 AM   #5
scarzie
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehale View Post
Everyone here is going to tell you to get it painted instead of vinyl'd. Before it was normal to get it painted, i had gotten mine vinyl'd at a shop in New Jersey.

I'm sure if you really wanted it vinyl'd you can get it done at AutoCouture. They do some vinyl work.

I went a some vinyl "professionals" in CT to get it done before getting it done in NJ and they absolutely did a pathetic job on the vinyl'ing and on top of that took the exact-o knife to the paint of my car. Was absolutely furious with the job. I highly do not recommend taking it to get Vinyl'd by anyone other than vendors on these forums. They will not know what to do and it'll be painful to explain to the.

MAC and probably your best bet to paint the window trim for you. AutoCouture is probably your best bet to get it vinyl'd. Again, everyone is going to tell you to paint it.
I would love to get it painted, however I can't really be leaving my car in LI overnight to get it done by MAC, and all of my local paint shops are extremely hesitant to go near it (no cojones). Do you think that MAC could get it done in a day/is that enough time for the paint to dry? Thanks for the help!
      11-11-2011, 10:03 AM   #6
Mehale
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

hm... It might be tough to fit it in all one day. They are really good so you might be able to work something out with them to show up really early and have it done by the end of the work day.

Not sure how easy it is to get it painted and what sort of covering they need to do.

Best way to find out is call them and discuss it.
2007 335i 6MT Sport Package - Dinan Free Flow Exhaust - 20% Tints - Matte Grille - Black BMW Emblems - Ambergones - Blackline Taillights - Full MTech Body Kit - Daeos Angel Eyes - Lux 5.0 - Vorsteiner Front Lip - 19" VMR v710: Matte Black - Carbon Fiber Vinyl Interior Trim - Black Vinyl Window Trim - Nokya 2500k Foglight Bulbs - Vishnu v5 - BMS DCI
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 10:23 AM   #7
scarzie
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
thanks for the help!