E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Where do you park in Toronto downtown

06-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #23
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrocks4u View Post
Yes - brutal drive in the morning, but I like the evening drive back when I leave around 8.. something to look forward to!
What are your hours? I drive into work everyday to.

It's like it's getting worser and worser. Thank goodness I traded my manual car in for an auto lol.

E90 335xi|Nav pkg|Sport pkg|Dakota leather|Brushed aluminum trim|MTech kit
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #24
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mandy View Post
What are your hours? I drive into work everyday to.

It's like it's getting worser and worser. Thank goodness I traded my manual car in for an auto lol.
Any time start in the morning, but usually stick around till 6 or 7 (if not later) especially on the days when I drive.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2012, 09:10 PM   #25
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyceasyas123 View Post
http://parking.greenp.com/

government run parking. its usually cheaper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m42stanle View Post
+1 - if you don't mind a 5 min walk to Union, the Green P at the foot of Church (@ Esplanade) is covered and is way cheaper than the private lots in the bank towers. I think it's around $10 day max and it's a huge lot so there are always spaces.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilankk View Post
Agreed on the esplanade parking lot (by novotel). I always park there when I drive to work. Great in winter because it's covered.
I checked it out this Friday. $9 is a steal! even go train is like $12.XX!!

What is the best route to get to the parking lot in the morning. I took Yonge exit, then lakeshore, then wanted to turn left on Jarvis but that's not allowed so took a right on Jarvis, U-turn and went north on Jarvis. Hit Esplanade intersection and there was a massive line up to turn left so went right, into a street, U turn and finally turned left on Esplanade to get to the parking lot. That alone took like 20 mins lol.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2012, 11:17 PM   #26
m42stanle
N52B25
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 LCI (323i)

Quote:

What is the best route to get to the parking lot in the morning. I took Yonge exit, then lakeshore, then wanted to turn left on Jarvis but that's not allowed so took a right on Jarvis, U-turn and went north on Jarvis. Hit Esplanade intersection and there was a massive line up to turn left so went right, into a street, U turn and finally turned left on Esplanade to get to the parking lot. That alone took like 20 mins lol.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!!!
Assuming you are coming from the west via Gardiner E, instead of following Lakeshore when you exit stay left to Yonge N.

Normally you can turn R onto Esplanade from Yonge N but I think there is still construction blocking that turn for the next while.

Next best bet off the top of my head would be Yonge N then R on Front then R on Church. Just keep going straight and Church ends at the entrance to that lot. Way faster than waiting to turn left onto Esplanade from Jarvis I think.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2012, 11:58 PM   #27
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m42stanle
Quote:

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!!!
Assuming you are coming from the west via Gardiner E, instead of following Lakeshore when you exit stay left to Yonge N.

Normally you can turn R onto Esplanade from Yonge N but I think there is still construction blocking that turn for the next while.

Next best bet off the top of my head would be Yonge N then R on Front then R on Church. Just keep going straight and Church ends at the entrance to that lot. Way faster than waiting to turn left onto Esplanade from Jarvis I think.
Thanks will try that tomorrow. Front is swamped with pedestrians at bay and intersection. I'm hoping yonge would be a little better.

Took Yonge North and then right onto Esplanade! Wayyyy better! Thank you!!

Last edited by itrocks4u; 06-25-2012 at 08:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 08:50 AM   #28
absolutX
Rep
Drives: 328xi

try 12 Yonge Street, it's $165 + tax per month. Not sure what the daily rate is.

I know some people rent from residents for $140-160 a month.

5 min walk to Union
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 09:20 AM   #29
gosu
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive

Rogers Centre underground parking is $9 til 7pm unless there is an event going on.
The entrance is on Navy Wharf Ct (between Blue Jays Way and Bremner Blvd).
I used to work at Wellington and Simcoe and this was the cheapest place hands down esp if you have to stay at work after 6pm.