E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > N55 Blowing Giant FIREBALLS after tune!

09-28-2014, 02:36 AM   #111
aren93
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventr View Post
Got to run against a 2013 or 2014 camaro tonight. Had the 1LE package if anyone is familiar with that. Also had an intake and longtube headers/exhaust. 6spd manual, and the 1LE comes with 3.91 gears.

Ran from a 45mph roll, and he pulled on me 1/2 car length by 110mph. Kinda surprised me that his car was that quick. I did have a 350lb passenger though, so I'm sure that wasn't helping....

Just pretty frustrating that the N55 has a TON of low/midrange power, but falls off hard on the top end. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a turbo upgrade like right now, but not sure who to go with, or if I even want to mess with the little stage 1 upgrades. I keep reading that new things are always about to be released, but ain't seeing anything yet!
Damn 350lb passenger lol. Yeah I don't want to upgrade my turbo either for 50 hp gain...I want to hit like the 500 hp zone not 430.
      09-28-2014, 06:58 PM   #112
loesch
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by aren93 View Post
Damn 350lb passenger lol. Yeah I don't want to upgrade my turbo either for 50 hp gain...I want to hit like the 500 hp zone not 430.
I can definitely recommend the pure stage 1. I beat a c7 corvette today with it. It really makes a difference.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2016, 11:36 PM   #113
Bigtimers227
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Modded 135i

Any updates with the p2c56 and 2c58 I just got them on my car and I can here the valve wasting boost between shifts but every time I try a pull in 5th gear doesent matter the speed it triggers the codes and half cel and goes into limp mode its got Cobb v3 stage 1 aggressive fmic and a lwfw and bms intake
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 01:48 PM   #114
BKBMW335I
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E93 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by tke344 View Post
I think you may just be overshooting load targets, at 3655 RPM your actual load exceeds requested load, this causes the throttle plate to close, at that point I believe the excess unburnt fuel dumps out of the exhaust and gets ignited, not unusual with catless cars. Back down the WGDC adder and ceiling adder in the top end, basically you're making too much boost. You need to log MAF Requested WGDC g/s and boost setpoint factor to find out exactly where you need to back it off.

Pretty common with the Cobb OTS maps to overshoot load targets, look at the Stg 1 aggressive WGDC values (all of them) and bring it somewhere in between.

I was having similar problems, but more severe.. Not sure if my LPFP couldn't keep up or I was blowing out the spark but my requested load would suddenly tank mid pull and the car felt like it was hitting a wall, I thought I blew my charge pipe the first time it happened
Quote:
Originally Posted by tke344 View Post
Looks clean, you're making more power on the aggressive map but I know from experience the throttle closure will make it feel like you're hitting a wall. Timing is better also, I'd work off of that map if you're going to try and tune it with ATR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight_335 View Post
Jesus Christ you guys are wizards with this shit- my mind is blown looking at all this back-and-forth
Same thing I always think; these freaking guys are like Scientist, lol

His backfire issues sounded a lot like what actually happened when my engine blew before I had all my bolt ons and used the Cobb stg 1, i saw a big plume of fire behind me and smoke.

Since then I have all my bolt-ons FMIC/DPs/CP and DV and run Cobb Stg II with no problems, i could use a good tune and will do so soon but I have had no issues with running a 93 Meth mix with this stg 2.
Mods: MHD Stg 2, xHP Flashtool Stage 3, VRSF 3" Chargepipe, Megan 4" Downpipes, Pure N55 Inlet, Outlet, VSRF 5" Stepped Intercooler, GFB Diverter, BMS N55 Intake, Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve, CF Spoiler, CF Kidney Grille, CF Mirror Covers, CF Eyelids, CF Wheel Hub Covers, CF Diffuser, M Sport Racing Strip, 20% Tints, and Golf Tee Mod
Appreciate 0