E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > On their way to the Premiership?

05-22-2008, 02:20 PM   #1
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
On their way to the Premiership?

Being honest, I am not a football fan by any means, but you'd have to be deaf and blind not to be able to 'taste' the atmosphere in Hull at the moment in readiness for Wembley on Saturday. The city is buzzing and flags are flying everywhere. It's like the build up to a derby match for FC v Rovers.

Anyhow, all you football pundits out there, what do you think are the chances of The Tigers going all the way and moving up to the Premiership League?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 02:27 PM   #2
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Helen, I'm a Bristol City fan by the way and I will be at Wembley cheering on the Robins.

Its an exciting day out for both teams and it will be a phenomenal achievement for whoever wins. No one expected City or Hull to be in this position and they have both exceeded all expectations. Last night was just a warm up game for the main event on Saturday... May the best team win!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 02:35 PM   #3
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Oh cool, you're going! Yes I agree, may the best team win.

Saw a bit of last nights 'marathon', you couldn't have written the script on that game! One of the blokes at work is from Stevenage and is a MASSIVE Chelsea fan, three of the local blokes are big Man Utd fans. I bumped into them all in the staff restaurant, well actually I heard them walking down the corridor. Life and death, or is it passion.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 02:42 PM   #4
Snooky
Major
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5 Sportback Carbon Blac

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
Oh cool, you're going! Yes I agree, may the best team win.

Saw a bit of last nights 'marathon', you couldn't have written the script on that game! One of the blokes at work is from Stevenage and is a MASSIVE Chelsea fan, three of the local blokes are big Man Utd fans. I bumped into them all in the staff restaurant, well actually I heard them walking down the corridor. Life and death, or is it passion.
Well BB, I have been up for 40 consecutive hours now having attended the match in Moscow last evening. I am a Man Utd fan so am absolutely ecstatic if exhausted. Tremendous amosphere in the stadium and a great game that had all the drama such an occasion deserved.

It is really refreshing to see Hull and Bristol City fighting out for a place in the premiership. My other team is Livingston where I have a season ticket and Jame McAllister (now Bristol) wil forever have a place in our hearts from his time at the club, and in particular, his performance in the final of the 2004 Scotish League Cup.

May the best team win and Ihope whoever that is manages to survive next year.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 02:43 PM   #5
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
I know some people live and breathe football. Last night certainly had plenty of talking points for offices up and down the country!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 02:48 PM   #6
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooky View Post
Well BB, I have been up for 40 consecutive hours now having attended the match in Moscow last evening. I am a Man Utd fan so am absolutely ecstatic if exhausted. Tremendous amosphere in the stadium and a great game that had all the drama such an occasion deserved.

It is really refreshing to see Hull and Bristol City fighting out for a place in the premiership. My other team is Livingston where I have a season ticket and Jame McAllister (now Bristol) wil forever have a place in our hearts from his time at the club, and in particular, his performance in the final of the 2004 Scotish League Cup.

Wow what an experience to have actually been in the ground Snooky!!

Congratulations!!

Jamie has been superb this season and a great asset for City. I'm getting excited for Saturday now...
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 02:59 PM   #7
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooky View Post

Bet it was fantastic Snooky!! I've heard it said that us Brits have a reputation for creating some of the most electric atmospheres at sporting events and pop concerts.

I've left KC Stadium a few times with a very sore throat having watched rugby matches, but the atmosphere is always intoxicating.

Think you'll sleep well tonight.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 04:21 PM   #8
tinka
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 2.0d M SPORT

as a neutral i would like to see either team go up,but you have to take your hat of to bristol city,for getting to a play off final in their first season in the championship.

and im just hoping that gillingham can survive in league 2.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 05:21 PM   #9
Porscha!
Should be on www.retrorides.com
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 944

Garage List
Well I know nothing about football but being a Derby girl, perhaps my whole county knows nothing about football either ...

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 01:48 AM   #10
DervFan
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW (E91) 325d M Sport Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinka View Post
as a neutral i would like to see either team go up,but you have to take your hat of to bristol city,for getting to a play off final in their first season in the championship.
It's all acadamic really Whoever goes up this season will be relegated next season Might as well give them the TV royalty cash now and save them the trouble
      05-23-2008, 03:45 AM   #11
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

+1
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 03:10 PM   #12
Snooky
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by booforty View Post
Wow what an experience to have actually been in the ground Snooky!!

Congratulations!!

Jamie has been superb this season and a great asset for City. I'm getting excited for Saturday now...
Cheers BF. It was fantastic. Good luck for Sat!

Quote:
Bet it was fantastic Snooky!! I've heard it said that us Brits have a reputation for creating some of the most electric atmospheres at sporting events and pop concerts.

I've left KC Stadium a few times with a very sore throat having watched rugby matches, but the atmosphere is always intoxicating.

Think you'll sleep well tonight.
Slept like a baby last night BB and it may take another couple of nights to get back to normal. Us Irish helped to make that atmosphere in the stadium too but you are totally correct! the noise from both sets of fans (and, to be fair, the Russian neutrals around us got stuck in too) was amazing.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 03:26 PM   #13
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Bloody hell, an Irishman living in Scotland, supports an English football team and has just been to Moscow. Confused - yep.

Glad you enjoyed it.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 03:34 PM   #14
Snooky
Major
Rep

Quote:
Bloody hell, an Irishman living in Scotland, supports an English football team and has just been to Moscow. Confused - yep.

Glad you enjoyed it.
That about sums it up BB!!!!

I grew up on a farm in the west coast of Ireland where everyone supported either Liverpool, Arsenal or Man Utd (no local football you see). My big bro was a Utd fan so I had no choice in the matter! All my mates supported Liverpool which was understandable as they were well on top when I was growing up.

Living in Scotland because I met my darling Scottish wife at Uni and would have followed her just about anywhere. My two children are also Scottish so I guess I am here for good.

And you know why I was in Moscow - that needs no explaining!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 03:45 AM   #15
CD
gone ... but i will be back !
England
Rep
Drives: 335D Coupe

hmm another north vs south game, im not a football fan at all ... but i am a northener good luck to Hull City today, hope you do it for the area

E92 335D / QUAIFE LSD / EIBACH / DIMISA / REMAP / 19" HAMANN EDITION RACE REPS
... USUALLY WITH A HEALTHY SPLATTERING OF GOOD OLD YORKSHIRE MUD ...
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 11:11 AM   #16
DervFan
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW (E91) 325d M Sport Touring

Garage List
Well done to Hull, I bet the atmosphere around the city and up the Cott Road is electric
      05-24-2008, 11:54 AM   #17
CD
England
Rep

well chuffed for Hull

the atmosphere tonight will be pretty sweet

so are you from the area then DF ?

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 01:14 PM   #18
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DervFan View Post
Well done to Hull, I bet the atmosphere around the city and up the Cott Road is electric
Yeah DervFan, were you at Uni in Hull then? Won't just be Cott Road - will be City Centre, Old Town, the Marina area, Princes Ave & Beverley Road. Extra bouncers have already been deployed around the pubs & clubs in Hull for tonight - can't imagine the Hull lot being aggressive for one minute .

'C'mon ye 'ull'!! Can't believe it - well chuffed for Dean Windass and Nick Barmby the local lads. Managed to watch the match near Halifax way on, 6 of us including an avid Arsenal supporter are SO pleased. It means alot to the City in many ways. Good game and Bristol played well overall with alot of possession and goal attempts but Hull's defending was excellent. Looks like Hull now has a trio of good teams, 2 rugby and now football.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 02:38 PM   #19
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Enjoy

Make the most of it ,because in my opinion you will be hurting like the derby fans come the new season .It isnt much fun going to watch your team get hammered by the likes of the big guns .I bet the bookies all ready have you as favourite to go straight back down .
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 02:49 PM   #20
CD
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooba0010 View Post
Make the most of it ,because in my opinion you will be hurting like the derby fans come the new season .It isnt much fun going to watch your team get hammered by the likes of the big guns .I bet the bookies all ready have you as favourite to go straight back down .
thats right a bit of good old optimism

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 03:00 PM   #21
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Reality im afraid .Ask poor old avram grant about the expectations of premiership clubs and chairmen .
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 04:26 AM   #22
tinka
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 2.0d M SPORT

its all about yesterday imo,if they stay up or not(lets not forget wigan and reading)they will never forget the feeling of winning the play off,oh and the 60million they may get,but well done hull.
Appreciate 0