E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Ask a Professional Detailer...

05-16-2017, 01:43 PM   #1871
claycourter01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detailed Image View Post
Yes - the sooner the better!

-Zach
thanks Zach--ordering some DI products and will work on it.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 03:02 PM   #1872
NoGuru
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335is

Garage List
2011 335is  [0.00]
After I wash my car, often through a touch-less car wash, I usually wash my outside windows with window cleaner.
Is this a good method or should I leave the wax on there to build up?
      05-17-2017, 09:41 AM   #1873
Detailed Image
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGuru View Post
After I wash my car, often through a touch-less car wash, I usually wash my outside windows with window cleaner.
Is this a good method or should I leave the wax on there to build up?
The "wax" sprayed on the car via a touch less car wash is not something that is particularly durable. It will make no difference if you leave it on your glass or not in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2017, 12:31 PM   #1874
MacE90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive M Sport

Garage List
In between annual trips to the detail person, I usually visit my local wash bay and spray down the car. I never use the wash brush as I want to avoid swirl marks on my freshly resprayed front end. The result is a fine layer of grime that is never really washed away.

Is there a product that I can spray on while using the power washer at the car wash that will actually get the car clean and not leave behind dirt while I spot dry the car?
      06-01-2017, 01:23 PM   #1875
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacE90 View Post
In between annual trips to the detail person, I usually visit my local wash bay and spray down the car. I never use the wash brush as I want to avoid swirl marks on my freshly resprayed front end. The result is a fine layer of grime that is never really washed away.

Is there a product that I can spray on while using the power washer at the car wash that will actually get the car clean and not leave behind dirt while I spot dry the car?
Unfortunately there is no way to completely clean your vehicle without touching it... so no, there are no products that you can simply spray on the car prior to pressure washing that will enable you to remove all of the dirt.

If you are unable to perform a traditional hand wash, here are your options...

What you need to do is, after pressure washing and rinsing the vehicle with the spot-free rinse, use a quick detailer, waterless wash, or rinseless washing product to properly remove the remaining dirt from the surface of the paint. A waterless wash is your best option if you're going to the local car wash...

In this video, I go over a quick review of CarPro EcH2O Waterless wash and how to properly use a waterless wash.

Waterless washes provide considerably more cleaning power and lubrication than a traditional quick detailer, which is why I personally recommend this as the best choice for cleaning your vehicle without buckets of water and/or hoses.

Let me know if you've got any questions!

-Zach
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2017, 08:53 PM   #1876
330iE90spt
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i Tiag Sdn

To any of you that have headlight restoration experience, what grit sandpaper should I start with based on the pics. My headlights on my 2006 330i need some TLC.

Thoughts on what I should start with? 600? 800? 1000?

Thanks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2017, 09:24 PM   #1877
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep

Those look exceptionally bad.

I would say 600 is a safe bet... but you may want to start as 400 and work your way up to 2000-3000 grit making sure you have completely removed all of the sanding marks from the previous step before moving on to the next one.

Then compound and polish.

Follow the steps outlined in this article...
Restore Your Heavily Oxidized Headlights by Kevin George

Post some before/after pictures!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2017, 09:37 PM   #1878
330iE90spt
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i Tiag Sdn

Thank you for the response. Yeah, they are pretty bad, but wasn't sure how far to go down on the grit! Yup, planning on going through the whole process! I'll post before and after when I'm done. Thanks.
Appreciate 0