E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Mfactory - How I lost $1000 CAD and valuable time for nothing

12-24-2017, 04:55 PM   #23
Nafy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 328i sedan

Receipts

Still feeling the pain looking at these receipts after almost two years....
Attached Images

328i E90 LCI, 6MT, CDV Del, Msport front, Z4M heated steering, ZHP knob, PSS, XIce3, Bellof led angel & fogs, Ohlins R&T, front swift, Alcon front bbk, Ferodo DS3000, Awron gauge, M3 driver seat, HRE FF15s, M3 Mirrors, coated SS headers, BPC tune, m3 f arms

NA Inline 6, RWD, 6-speed manual, Hydraulic Steering, 4 door sedan! No lsd tho...

Last edited by Nafy; 12-27-2017 at 01:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 08:40 PM   #24
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i E92 LeMans Blue

Damn, shopping for an LSD I come across this...sucks, you just lost a customer.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2022, 10:44 AM   #25
Carbon_fibberm3
Rep
Drives: ESS 625 2011 e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafy View Post
Mfactory - How I lost $1000cad and valuable time for nothing

- Purchased a fully rebuilt pumpkin with lsd and different final drive from Mfactory when it was on sale.

- Received it in three weeks and brought it to a local shop for installation.

- Shop called me and said the diff doesnt fit because the pinion flange is the wrong type (see attached pictures). Paid $330cad labour to uninstall and install the original diff.

- Contacted Mfactory and had to send the diff back to put in the correct flange.

- Mfactory sent me another one and gave me the $330cad back for the labour (good service). It was a hassle to return the original diff though.

- Brought the replacement to the shop again for installation. New one fits perfectly.

- On my way home from the shop, I started hearing metallic noise. It didn't sound normal to me and sounded like bearing issues.

- I did research online and the noise matches other car with bearing issues. Worn bearings could destroy the diff.

- Took the car a local shop specialized in differential for verification. They had a look and concluded that the noise is coming from the bearings (see attached shop comment).

- Contacted Mfactory again and asked why the bearings are worn and not replaced since they advertised the diff as fully rebuilt.

- They said they "check" and "clean" everything and I could send the diff back and have new bearings replaced for additional $400usd. Not to mention shipping and labour cost on top.

- I expect everything works when they advertised it as "fully rebuilt".

- It is funny that they HIGHLY recommend changing the Diff Bearings at the same time as installing a new LSD as these are wear item, when they are selling their Mfactory Differential Rebuild Kits. See link: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29038

- By then I already lost the confidence of getting a quality product from them. I decided to cut loss and return the diff.

- At the end I lost about $1000cad due to labour, shipping and custom fees. Lots of time wasted and headache that came with it.

It sucks and I learnt my lesson of not spending more money with a reputable company like performance gearing. If I was told that bearings needed to be replaced at the time of purchase and it is going to cost a more, I would've gone for it.

Overall I think they have decent service, but they need to improve their quality control. Don't set a lower price point by sacraficing the product quality.

If you like more details of this unpleasant experience, let me know. Thanks for reading.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafy View Post
Mfactory - How I lost $1000cad and valuable time for nothing

- Purchased a fully rebuilt pumpkin with lsd and different final drive from Mfactory when it was on sale.

- Received it in three weeks and brought it to a local shop for installation.

- Shop called me and said the diff doesnt fit because the pinion flange is the wrong type (see attached pictures). Paid $330cad labour to uninstall and install the original diff.

- Contacted Mfactory and had to send the diff back to put in the correct flange.

- Mfactory sent me another one and gave me the $330cad back for the labour (good service). It was a hassle to return the original diff though.

- Brought the replacement to the shop again for installation. New one fits perfectly.

- On my way home from the shop, I started hearing metallic noise. It didn't sound normal to me and sounded like bearing issues.

- I did research online and the noise matches other car with bearing issues. Worn bearings could destroy the diff.

- Took the car a local shop specialized in differential for verification. They had a look and concluded that the noise is coming from the bearings (see attached shop comment).

- Contacted Mfactory again and asked why the bearings are worn and not replaced since they advertised the diff as fully rebuilt.

- They said they "check" and "clean" everything and I could send the diff back and have new bearings replaced for additional $400usd. Not to mention shipping and labour cost on top.

- I expect everything works when they advertised it as "fully rebuilt".

- It is funny that they HIGHLY recommend changing the Diff Bearings at the same time as installing a new LSD as these are wear item, when they are selling their Mfactory Differential Rebuild Kits. See link: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29038

- By then I already lost the confidence of getting a quality product from them. I decided to cut loss and return the diff.

- At the end I lost about $1000cad due to labour, shipping and custom fees. Lots of time wasted and headache that came with it.

It sucks and I learnt my lesson of not spending more money with a reputable company like performance gearing. If I was told that bearings needed to be replaced at the time of purchase and it is going to cost a more, I would've gone for it.

Overall I think they have decent service, but they need to improve their quality control. Don't set a lower price point by sacraficing the product quality.

If you like more details of this unpleasant experience, let me know. Thanks for reading.
Hey i need to get into contact with MFACTORY and i cant find anything just Instagram and they haven't gotten back to me, their carbon fiber driveshaft blew up in 10k miles of putting it on, and everyone said it was my tranny because it went in a wierd way so i had to spend tons of money and i just want my driveshaft fixed or a new one because i loved the product. So plz lmk how you got in contact with them please
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2022, 12:18 AM   #26
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon_fibberm3 View Post
Hey i need to get into contact with MFACTORY and i cant find anything just Instagram and they haven't gotten back to me, their carbon fiber driveshaft blew up in 10k miles of putting it on, and everyone said it was my tranny because it went in a wierd way so i had to spend tons of money and i just want my driveshaft fixed or a new one because i loved the product. So plz lmk how you got in contact with them please
Reach out to them on the email address on their website. They've always been super good at communication in my experience.
Appreciate 0