E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY - Sirius Radio (official instructions)

10-01-2012, 07:31 AM   #67
reeltime
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo`
I wish there were instructions for taking the MOST box apart. I figured out how to get the boxes apart from each other but how in the world to you get the "cover" off of them?
I had the same problem. It's extremely simple. Take a flat head screw driver and put it into the slits on the sides and just keep trying to get It out. It's supposed to pop right out.

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 06:53 AM   #68
smc0808
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 750 Li x

Sirius ISSUES!

Picked up new 2013 750 Li x and set up Sirius radio while driving home. Set up presets along with some AM & FM channels. When I started the car the next day, all of the presets were gone and the radio defaulted to 184 (preview channel). After 8 days at the dealer, it was returned to me with the statement "that's the new design" and all 7 series will have this issue. I drove the car home and called Sirius. They sent another signal and then said it is a problem that BMW is having and they cannot help. BMW from what I was told is not addressing this problem as they do not see it as a problem. Now the worst, every time I start my car the radio goes to 184 and no ability to save Sirius radio channels in the car. Anybody else have this issue?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #69
N8N
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

I know I'm dragging up an old thread here, but I have two questions - I'm trying to retrofit a Sirius module to my '09 335i E92 that does have the sat prep option. I don't actually *have* the module yet (it's on a truck on its way to me now as I type this) but I do have the install kit which I bought from Tischer and I'm trying to get everything prepped today as I have time to actually work on the car (and so far I've got the alarm installed and my fire extinguisher mounted, this is the last thing remaining.) My real goal would be to get the module installed after work Monday when it's supposed to be here, swap the MOST connections quickly, then hopefully get the car coded before Wednesday when I'm hoping to drive up to visit some family for Thanksgiving.

Question 1: How do I remove the rear seat side bolster? The instructions just say to remove it; I do have fold down seats, but there aren't any obvious fasteners. Does it just have push type clips? Which way do I pull, toward the center of the car, or toward the front? I don't want to just start yanking on it and gentle pulling prying isn't doing anything.

Edit: found this

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=756020

which addresses that issue. Once I read "push up" (I'd already removed the bottom seat cushion) my life became much better. Now I can see the MOST connector so hopefully it is all a matter of following the directions from here. I'm going to dry run this so I'm not fumbling around in the dark Monday night.

Question 2: Which way should the fan be installed? It appears that it can be installed into the bracket in two ways and again the instructions aren't clear. Does the fan blow up or down?

I'm using kit 65 11 0 432 318 which is the one for under the trunk floor panel.

thanks!

Last edited by N8N; 11-17-2012 at 02:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 01:21 AM   #70
dbworld4k
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 M3

Garage List
2002 BMW M5  [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
So what's the EXACT procedure to code the Sirius using NCS? Too much riff raff and no one has posted a concise, complete answer. Does this look right (for a 2009 CIC car with external Sirius module in trunk)?

1) Remove $693 and ad $655 to VO
2) VO code CAS and NFRM - what about CIC?
3) Which ECU do the following need to be changed?
SDARS
Aktiv
ISPEECH_SDARS
Aktiv
SDARS_PHONE_NUMBER_1
wert_0
RADIO_SDARS
Aktiv
SDARS_IN_EXBOX
Exbox
SDARS_REPLAY_AUTOMATIC
nicht_aktiv
SDARS_INBOX
nicht_aktiv
SDARS_DIAGNOSE
Exbox

Clarification would be much appreciated.

I don't want to do a whole Process Car because I have extensive coding in various ECUs and don't want to redo allll of it again.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2015, 08:22 AM   #71
mxchris727
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 M5, '06 325i, '12 M3

I just completed this on my E93. After coding with ISTA, the satellite radio option appears with my ESN and a phone number to call Sirius. However, I found that there is no antenna on the inside of the fin on my trunk, just the wiring. Does anyone know if the E93 is supposed to come with an antenna if it has the satellite preparation?
      11-26-2015, 09:48 PM   #72
DMC1068
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxchris727 View Post
I just completed this on my E93. After coding with ISTA, the satellite radio option appears with my ESN and a phone number to call Sirius. However, I found that there is no antenna on the inside of the fin on my trunk, just the wiring. Does anyone know if the E93 is supposed to come with an antenna if it has the satellite preparation?
Not sure about the E93 but my E90 had the antenna in the shark fin and the wiring from antenna to control box under truck access panel. I had to provide antenna wire from radio to control box.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 04:01 PM   #73
Wrecker 426
Rep
Drives: 07 335xi

I don't have any wires in the top block slot 4 another memeber said his was 3 but I already have wires in the bottom block slot 1 and 2. E90 2007 pre wired with single antenna hook up with fan not double. Any help would be appreciated
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 04:12 PM   #74
Wrecker 426
Rep
Drives: 07 335xi

After reading it for idk the 10th time i think iv been ready to wrong. Basically slide all the shit down a slot so they are open and put the sat cables in. Done. Face palm
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 09:07 AM   #75
TomD335xicoupe
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335XI me ,19 x3 M40 wife

Sorry for the old thread wake up but after searching , this is the one with the most knowledgeable people on this topic.

08 E92 i have satellite radio by sirius. Been working for two years no issue. Stopped working correctly a few weeks ago. Been back and forth with customer service, they say they have tried everything and it must be a hardware issue on in my car, lets see if anyone else experienced this or knows what to fix / replace if anything.

Radio/ CD /nav all buttons on steering wheel, radio and I Drive center console work as designed except when using on satellite radio. SR stuck on channel 6, I can dial using I drive to another station but doesn't load it just reverts back to C6. Can not refresh as I can not get it to stay on C184. They say they have reset radio and run all test and their systems are functional but it seems like my unit is not connecting.
All connections on my end seem to be as they were . Any ideas welcome, again sorry for the old re-post but seems the closest to my problem.
Yes I Know C6, my wife told me I should stop listening to sixties music but I am creature of habit.
      04-28-2017, 09:32 AM   #76
Mashman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomD335xicoupe View Post
Sorry for the old thread wake up but after searching , this is the one with the most knowledgeable people on this topic.

08 E92 i have satellite radio by sirius. Been working for two years no issue. Stopped working correctly a few weeks ago. Been back and forth with customer service, they say they have tried everything and it must be a hardware issue on in my car, lets see if anyone else experienced this or knows what to fix / replace if anything.

Radio/ CD /nav all buttons on steering wheel, radio and I Drive center console work as designed except when using on satellite radio. SR stuck on channel 6, I can dial using I drive to another station but doesn't load it just reverts back to C6. Can not refresh as I can not get it to stay on C184. They say they have reset radio and run all test and their systems are functional but it seems like my unit is not connecting.
All connections on my end seem to be as they were . Any ideas welcome, again sorry for the old re-post but seems the closest to my problem.
Yes I Know C6, my wife told me I should stop listening to sixties music but I am creature of habit.
If it is a hardware issue, I retrofitted NBT into my car a couple years ago, and planned on offsetting the cost a bit by selling my original components. I never got around to it, and they have been sitting in my garage since the retrofit.

If you want it, I will sell you mine for $50 + actual shipping.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 06:52 PM   #77
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxchris727 View Post
Not sure about the E93, but my E90 had the antenna inside even though it didnt come with Sirius.

Did you move the fiber jumpers over? I am not sure if you have to do that on the newer E9X's but I had to do it on the E90.
      06-25-2019, 10:30 AM   #78
kevlarblue
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE90 View Post
Yep. I pressed the button and connected with them. Initially I moved the wrong fiber cables and got an SOS error. My Sat cables were in position 3 instead of 4. There was nothing in pos. 4, just 2 and 3.
Can you elaborate on what you did get SOS back?

I just installed mine in accordance with the instructions and now the SAT works but I have the SOS error and no Bluetooth.

I had 4 cables in my bottom MOST box and only the SDARS in the top box in position 3. Current config is all 5 cables in the bottom MOST box and the top is empty.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 02:15 PM   #79
New2Me335D
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

Hey new to the forums and new to the 335d world, I just picked up a 2011 335d today and it has the sat prep kit, does anyone have the part number for the sat receiver I need?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 03:23 AM   #80
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

2011 car has all inside, you need only activation code and option coding
      07-22-2019, 09:24 AM   #81
New2Me335D
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D