E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > kW v1 installed

08-08-2016, 11:26 AM   #1
Saji
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92

kW v1 installed

Hey folks

I had new kW v1 coilovers installed on my 08 335i a few weeks ago and I feel the rear of the car feels a bit sluggish compared to what I had before.

When I do short rips or on slight bends, I feel the rear is fish tailing a bit.
I have no tune either so I'm not sure why it feels this way. If I have tire shine on its obviously worse, but even with tire shine on my old set up it never felt that way. I had the alignment and toe etc adjusted.

I have micheline super sport tires which are fairly new.

Sometimes the traction flashes when that does happen.

Is there any other suspension upgrades that I need to support the coilovers setup?

Previous set up: eibach prokit + oem sport shocks

Thanks

Last edited by Saji; 08-08-2016 at 11:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 11:47 AM   #2
tkong
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i 2011 space gray

Upgraded subframe bushings.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 01:01 PM   #3
Saji
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkong View Post
Upgraded subframe bushings.

Are the m3 subframe bushing good enough? Or Do do I need to do the entire m3 bits swap...control arms etc?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 01:31 PM   #4
Camman
What am I doing here?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 328i 6MT

M3 subframe bushings will get the job done. They are stiff enough to help with performance but soft enough to be forgiving on the street.
      08-08-2016, 07:59 PM   #5
Saji
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camman View Post
M3 subframe bushings will get the job done. They are stiff enough to help with performance but soft enough to be forgiving on the street.
Nice! you proactively answered my question about the M3 bushing being too harsh for daily driving

Would you typically change the trailing arm bushing, inner camber link bushing and trailing arm ball joint at the same time or subframe bushing good enough?

Anyone have experience or know if all these bushings are changed, would the car drive too stiff for regular street driving? I don't want to feel all the bumps and cracks and take away from the OEM feel.

Last edited by Saji; 08-08-2016 at 08:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2016, 09:06 AM   #6
Camman
What am I doing here?
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saji View Post
Nice! you proactively answered my question about the M3 bushing being too harsh for daily driving

Would you typically change the trailing arm bushing, inner camber link bushing and trailing arm ball joint at the same time or subframe bushing good enough?

Anyone have experience or know if all these bushings are changed, would the car drive too stiff for regular street driving? I don't want to feel all the bumps and cracks and take away from the OEM feel.
I don't have experience with any of the changes but I have read many reviews that the M3 subframe bushings make quite a difference for handling.

The other parts I haven't read too much on. What I have read sounds like they don't make as much of an impact like subframe bushings do. Sway bars are another recommendation that you will hear a lot.
      08-10-2016, 01:27 PM   #7
Underground6t9
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi, Lexus is250

I would start with sway bar.

|instagram@underground6t9|
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 10:18 PM   #8
blau808
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 F31 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saji View Post

lol i would take it to a professional to have a look before you start buying a bunch of parts that may not even fix your problem. Your traction control light coming on could be a sign that theres something else wrong. fwiw i just put on a set of V1's and dont have the issues you are talking about.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2016, 10:32 AM   #9
Camman
What am I doing here?
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blau808 View Post
lol i would take it to a professional to have a look before you start buying a bunch of parts that may not even fix your problem. Your traction control light coming on could be a sign that theres something else wrong. fwiw i just put on a set of V1's and dont have the issues you are talking about.
Well of course you're not going to have traction issues when you have awd lol but yeah I agree on having someone check out all the suspension components and make sure nothing it broken or worn out before you do the upgrades.