E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Take 3: Vishnu 335i coupe Tuning Update

10-19-2006, 12:00 AM   #441
335Mat
Private
Rep
Drives: A blue car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit523
so if i only get the XEDE computer or wutever without the exhaust u got there, i am only getting 10whp? or more? i am getting confuse here
He said if you install the exhaust only without the xede you'd get maybe 10whp.

He did not say, however, how much whp for the exed only without the exhuast, which is what a few peps here asked a few times.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2006, 12:01 AM   #442
Kindryck
Private
Rep
Drives: TiAg 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PresaMat
Kindryck - When is your 335i scheduled to be here? Mine should be arriving mid Nov hopefully. We should meetup grab some coffee or something compare cars. We need to get more 335i owners together so we can bug Shiv to come down and do a Dynoday.

Mat
Not soon enough! I got a great taste for the car for two weeks in Europe... I never dreamed how hard it would be to wait for it... again...

The ship is scheduled to hit NY on 10/29 - 30 and I was told by the Harms guy it would probably take 8 to 10 days to get to Houston and couple of days for the dealer to prep it. So, same as yours I think, mid-November....

Mine is getting delivered to BMW of the Woodlands... It would be great to meet up with you and compare and contrast. Maybe setup a meet with any other 335i owners in the Houston area in the near future would be good too.

See if Shiv wants to come down and hand out freebies!!

Congrats on the car. You are going to love it!!

K
      10-19-2006, 12:03 AM   #443
GAaaAR
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

Sorry this thread is way too long, maybe it was already talked about before, if it is then i apologize. BUt my question is, Does the aftermarket exhaust include the cats? and if it does, is it a cat delete or its high flow cats? Also how does the aftermarket exhaust sound compared to a stock exhaust? Is it very noticeable?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2006, 12:05 AM   #444
PresaMat
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 67 GT500,69 Boss 429, 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindryck
Not soon enough! I got a great taste for the car for two weeks in Europe... I never dreamed how hard it would be to wait for it... again...

The ship is scheduled to hit NY on 10/29 - 30 and I was told by the Harms guy it would probably take 8 to 10 days to get to Houston and couple of days for the dealer to prep it. So, same as yours I think, mid-November....

Mine is getting delivered to BMW of the Woodlands... It would be great to meet up with you and compare and contrast. Maybe setup a meet with any other 335i owners in the Houston area in the near future would be good too.

See if Shiv wants to come down and hand out freebies!!

Congrats on the car. You are going to love it!!

K
Sounds good! Yeah the wait is killing me too. Quick question though... whats up with the heated seats? I think you may be the first person I have met in Houston who ordered heated seats. Now if cooled seats were an option thats another story...
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2006, 12:08 AM   #445
Ryan@Motorwerks
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by trurace
Thanks for anwsering ONE of my questions Mr. Shiv
I looked all over and couldn't find any of your other questions
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2006, 12:10 AM   #446
trurace
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i ON THE WAY

Quote:
I read it. Did you read mine? All the questions you asked have been answered in this thread, read them. The ACCESSport you are comparing is not comparable. It is a reflasher that reflashes ECU, yes it can store maps and such but it directly reflashes the ECU of the car, which is a big NO NO if you want BMW to honor their warranty. As soon as they see the reflash on the ECU they can void your warranty if they wish. The Xede is a piggy back that intercepts the cars inputs and outputs and "tricks" the ECU into doing what you want it do with out ever really touching the ECU. So it never shows up on the ECU and BMW is never in the know.

Do the research first.

K
I found the posts I was looking for. This product actually seems pretty nice. I might get one.

Mr. Shiv

I don't know if this was asked, but will other tuners be able to tune the XEDE?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2006, 12:12 AM   #447
PresaMat
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by trurace
I found the posts I was looking for. This product actually seems pretty nice. I might get one.

Mr. Shiv

I don't know if this was asked, but will other tuners be able to tune the XEDE?
To the other tuners question. Shiv talked about this earlier. The XEDE can be changed by anyone with the software. If you are brave enough you could go in and change things. I think it is very stand up (maybe this is because of my Open Source background) that shiv is releasing a product with all info available and changable.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2006, 12:14 AM   #448
Kindryck
Private
Rep

Quote:
Sounds good! Yeah the wait is killing me too. Quick question though... whats up with the heated seats? I think you may be the first person I have met in Houston who ordered heated seats. Now if cooled seats were an option thats another story...
HAHA! Tell me about it. IF it was cooled seats they could charge another $5000 for them and still sell them down here.

I like the air at about 50 degrees... My wife likes it about 80... the dual zone AC doesn't really keep her warm enough when I have the air on. It came in handy alot when were touring around northrern Italy. Also feels good on the back every now and then when you are driving long distances.

Where you picking yours up at? See if we can find a Starbucks close by and figure out when to show up. I guess we won't have a hard time figuring out who is who....

K
      10-19-2006, 12:25 AM   #449
PresaMat
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
HAHA! Tell me about it. IF it was cooled seats they could charge another $5000 for them and still sell them down here.

I like the air at about 50 degrees... My wife likes it about 80... the dual zone AC doesn't really keep her warm enough when I have the air on. It came in handy alot when were touring around northrern Italy. Also feels good on the back every now and then when you are driving long distances.

Where you picking yours up at? See if we can find a Starbucks close by and figure out when to show up. I guess we won't have a hard time figuring out who is who....

K
Im picking mine up at Momentum BMW.

I live by the galleria... so should be easy to find a place to meetup.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2006, 12:29 AM   #450
Kindryck
Private
Rep

Quote:
Im picking mine up at Momentum BMW.

I live by the galleria... so should be easy to find a place to meetup.
Yah... I work close by so should be easy to meet up.

I'll send you a PM. So we can stop hijackin Shiv's thread.

K
      10-19-2006, 12:45 AM   #451
edgarj
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

Quote:
Yah... I work close by so should be easy to meet up.

I'll send you a PM. So we can stop hijackin Shiv's thread.

K
Too much talk of heated seats and hooking up over hot coffee for me here....
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2006, 12:46 AM   #452
Kindryck
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarj
Too much talk of heated seats and hooking up over hot coffee for me here....
      10-19-2006, 03:32 AM   #453
jacksonjw81
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
You find me a good switch that will fit somewhere nicely on the 335i dash and I'll do it

-shiv
You could always make one like the Greddy EBC Switch.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2006, 04:04 AM   #454
Omniscient
1998 4 dr M3 -- 2000 328i -- 2003 ZHP 330i --
Rep
Drives: 335i space grey/red

Hey Shiv, I asked you a few pages earlier about when it will be available and you said a couple weeks so if that is the case do you almost know what the price will be? I know you said a little under 3,000 but how much less?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2006, 10:30 AM   #455
Focus4
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Shiv,

How is the XEDE on the 335 turning out to be for daily driviability? Is there a hesitation point between where the Xede takes over from the stock ECU? I know the xede functions differently then a UTEC, but i am assuming one must know how to tune the system a little bit to take into account different temperatures and altitudes if they travel, or live in a 4 season area. The xede is not adaptive correct? So it doesn't take into account temperature and if I have a lot of peopl ein the car it will run poorly? This is what the SMART system is for? If I were to recieve poor gas, the car would knock and the xede would retard timing. However the next time i started the car which repowered the xede it would go back to the default map and not adapt at all to the gas and driving conditions? Just wondering if the xede has overcome some of the shortfalls of my UTEC (on my sti), but since the 335 in MAP based, i wonder if a lot of these problems go away with the removal of a MAF...
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2006, 10:38 AM   #456
tommithy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus4
Shiv,

How is the XEDE on the 335 turning out to be for daily driviability? Is there a hesitation point between where the Xede takes over from the stock ECU? I know the xede functions differently then a UTEC, but i am assuming one must know how to tune the system a little bit to take into account different temperatures and altitudes if they travel, or live in a 4 season area. The xede is not adaptive correct? So it doesn't take into account temperature and if I have a lot of peopl ein the car it will run poorly? This is what the SMART system is for? If I were to recieve poor gas, the car would knock and the xede would retard timing. However the next time i started the car which repowered the xede it would go back to the default map and not adapt at all to the gas and driving conditions? Just wondering if the xede has overcome some of the shortfalls of my UTEC (on my sti), but since the 335 in MAP based, i wonder if a lot of these problems go away with the removal of a MAF...

The xede does not "take over" at any point. As I understand it, it simply modifies the signals coming from the engine sensors and feeds that "modified" data into the BMW ECU. The factory ECU is still in control of the engine.
      10-19-2006, 11:19 AM   #457
///Matt
United States Marine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Also, the 335 HAS NO MAF.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2006, 11:36 AM   #458
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335Mat
He said if you install the exhaust only without the xede you'd get maybe 10whp.

He did not say, however, how much whp for the exed only without the exhuast, which is what a few peps here asked a few times.

Yes I did. Expect 310whp and 310lb-ft of torque with the Xede on an otherwise stock car.

shiv
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2006, 11:40 AM   #459
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Shiv,

As Tommithy said, the problems you are describing don't apply to the Xede since all the factory temp/altitude/baro/octane compensations are still functional. Those issues only apply to stand alone computer sytems or systems which relieve the stock ECU of control above a certain load/rpm point (like the UTEC). In the case of the Xede, it is always running with the stock Ecu. So not only does the whole package offer adaptability in real world, there is no "switch point" above which the Xede takes over.

-shiv
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2006, 11:46 AM   #460
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient
Hey Shiv, I asked you a few pages earlier about when it will be available and you said a couple weeks so if that is the case do you almost know what the price will be? I know you said a little under 3,000 but how much less?
Our estimate still stands. But without the product 100% complete, I can't quote a final price. But it shouldn't deviate much from the 3k estimate. Right now, we're just working on different installation schemes for the Xede. Trying to make it as easy as possible.

-shiv
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2006, 11:54 AM   #461
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
Yes I did. Expect 310whp and 310lb-ft of torque with the Xede on an otherwise stock car.

shiv
SHIV:
how noticable is the extra power, on the xede only car? Did you drive it before the exhaust? how did it feel?

Last edited by RiXst3r; 10-19-2006 at 12:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2006, 12:01 PM   #462
all8up
Ironchef
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M4 C

Garage List
2022 M4 C  [0.00]
Quote:
Shiv,

Someone that has shared my pains....I also had a UTEC equipped car w/ 785cc injectors and you are definitely describing some of the issues I had with it. Shiv already gave an answer already on how the Xede interfaces w/ the stock ECU......I believe that is quite different from how the UTEC controlled the timing/boost/fuel since the UTEC was based on the TPS. I have to say I spent a good portion of my life making adjustments with the UTEC, particularly the "tip-in".
Appreciate 0