E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > My New Car!

07-27-2008, 03:05 AM   #23
Porscha!
Should be on www.retrorides.com
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 944

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3_toed_tree_sloth View Post
OK thanks for the update, what happened to the MX5? I feel I've missed an episode or 2.
Oh I sold it, not enough grunt for it to be modern but fun, not enough old car character for it to be slow but fun MX was just a stop gap 'til I got something I really wanted, it's a long story someone crashed into my 944 which broke my heart when they wrote it off, as despite owning more expensive Porsches, I was just so impressed with the 944, if you get to buy one BUY IT, now right away

So I bought a Mk. 1 MX5, well known at being a good sports car that handles well, roof comes off, reliable ... what more do you want?! Well I wanted a bit of soul too, Jap cars have little, it was very quiet and only let me down once but nothing can do small sports car like MG can!

Hence seeing what I could get for it and buying an MG Midget, had a B before and it is only one of two cars I regret to this day getting rid of, strangely enough the other it the car I bought with what the B was worth...

I have now decided to keep this MG, until I can buy an excellent condition B roadster, then likewise until I can buy a nice 911T (the really old one) may also have a "sensible" car if business picks up too

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0