E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > help with codes

02-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
sofresh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

help with codes

So a few weeks ago, maybe 2wks, I had some codes thrown on the car. P0171 and P0174 system to lean bank 1 & 2. I had installed AA DP's, Exhaust. In order to take my car to the dealer I had removed my tune and taken off my DP's which cleared my codes. This was about 1 1/2 weeks ago. After about a week the codes came back. So no today I had popped my hood open and noticed I heard a hissing sound. After investigating it, I found out it was a vacuum line that goes from my AA BOV to the little nipple by the charge pipe inlet. The hose was cracked where it connects to the nipple. I removed it and cut the end off and put it back on, no hissing now.

A few questions:
1) Could this have been causing the codes?
2) If so should the SES light have gone off or would I have to clear it? should I?
3) Would you recommend I just leave the SES light on and take to dealer next monday?

thanks for looking and the help.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
sofresh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

anyone
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 10:57 PM   #3
Ch3ss
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

vacuum leaks will cause lean mixture codes but there are also other things that will cause a lean mixture code like a bad o2 sensor. if you are under warranty just leave the codes and take it to the dealership and see if there are anything else going on or you can clear the code since they will not go away on their on and see if they come back.

Last edited by Ch3ss; 02-25-2013 at 11:03 PM..
Appreciate 0