E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Bavarian Technic Tool

07-08-2012, 06:07 PM   #1
atown88
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Bavarian Technic Tool

Most of us, if not all of us, have encountered a code or error at some point in their cars life. It can be very difficult to find a shop to diagnose your car, due to time constraints or cost. I would like to know if anyone was interested in a Bavarian Technic group buy. We could pitch in like 10 bucks each, and buy a community BT tool. We can have a primary holder, or have the last person be responsible for giving the tool to the next member who needs it. We can even draft up contracts so nobody holds onto it and doesn't give it back.

I'm currently shopping around to get my codes scanned for my ABS/DSC issue, and the shop would charge me at least $150 for a "diagnostic check". Let's all save ourselves time and money and buy ourselves an Official BimmerpostNW Bavarian Technic Kit!

http://www.bavariantechnic.com/buy.aspx
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 05:29 AM   #2
RandyN
Unicorn Chaser
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335i

Andy and I were just talking about getting the enthusiast version and find a 3rd person if you're interested Adrian. We could split 3 ways?
2007 6 Speed Alpine White/Black Dakota E92| Premium | Sport | Navi | CA | Black Grill | Vishnu DCI | JB4 G5 | 3k HID Fogs | LED Interior/Turn Signals/License Plate | KW V2 | Volk TE37 | Black Trim | M3 Sway Bars | ACS Roof | 20% Tint | Performance Spoiler | M-Sport Front | M-Sport Rear | CPS Lip | M3 Sides | More to come...
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
atown88
Major
United_States
Rep

So $95 each? When you guys trying to order?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #4
lvlolvlo
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: eeeee nein-tee-two

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Do you just need code reads and resets? Or are you looking for the full code lists, reads and reset ability?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #5
atown88
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvlolvlo View Post
Do you just need code reads and resets? Or are you looking for the full code lists, reads and reset ability?
Code reads most importantly. Reset would be nice too.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
thwgw24
Major
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: RB PWRED E90 N54 6MT

Garage List
07' E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by atown88 View Post
Most of us, if not all of us, have encountered a code or error at some point in their cars life. It can be very difficult to find a shop to diagnose your car, due to time constraints or cost. I would like to know if anyone was interested in a Bavarian Technic group buy. We could pitch in like 10 bucks each, and buy a community BT tool. We can have a primary holder, or have the last person be responsible for giving the tool to the next member who needs it. We can even draft up contracts so nobody holds onto it and doesn't give it back.

I'm currently shopping around to get my codes scanned for my ABS/DSC issue, and the shop would charge me at least $150 for a "diagnostic check". Let's all save ourselves time and money and buy ourselves an Official BimmerpostNW Bavarian Technic Kit!

http://www.bavariantechnic.com/buy.aspx
It's a great tool to have. You can even reset the service counter for earlier model year's.
      07-18-2012, 01:50 PM   #7
son_of_siggy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: CTS-V

We have the enthusiast version of that tool, and it's been great for diagnosing and resetting things. Remember that on most newer BMWs, you need to have your flashers on when you connect, otherwise you won't get the full connection to the car's computer.
Appreciate 0