E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > (ISSUE RESOLVED) Just got Scammed

Closed Thread

01-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #89
Antipathy
d00sh
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

That's what I'm finding so weird about the whole thing is the tips. Why would you weld stock tips on a PE? And what did he do with the PE tips afterwards? And if the tips were welded on, wouldn't the welds look different since they would have been done by hand?
      01-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #90
E90bedi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
That's what I'm finding so weird about the whole thing is the tips. Why would you weld stock tips on a PE? And what did he do with the PE tips afterwards? And if the tips were welded on, wouldn't the welds look different since they would have been done by hand?
+1
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #91
E90bedi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edrive90 View Post
Here is a photo of the car before Incantana purchased it, with chrome pipe tips.

Incantana, maybe you thought it was a performance exhaust because of the chrome pipe tips, and then didn't want to admit your mistake? I understand, it happens. Just come clean and make the OP whole again and he'll chalk it up to misunderstanding and clear your good name.
honestly thats what i think happened and if he comes clean about it then ill be more than happy to take this thread down.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #92
Detour
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90bedi View Post
notice how incantana stopped replying...
after reading this whole thread, i think "Mr. Donkey Brolic" who came in here to bash you, and question about the legitimacy of your claims, is either, *AHEM* INCANTANA, or related to him. hahaha!!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #93
Detour
Rep

Quote:
Here is a photo of the car before Incantana purchased it, with chrome pipe tips.

Incantana, maybe you thought it was a performance exhaust because of the chrome pipe tips, and then didn't want to admit your mistake? I understand, it happens. Just come clean and make the OP whole again and he'll chalk it up to misunderstanding and clear your good name.

THE DUDE SOLD THE OP A FRIGGIN 330i EXHAUST! ROFL! I read his threads too, no where in any threads, says he owned a PE, either bought, or had in possession. I smell some fishy shit going on here.....
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #94
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
The tips would have to be cut off from a PE exhaust and then the stocks ones welded on but who the hell would want to do tha?. The pics clearly show that this is not a PE. You can tell easily be the fact that the connector pipe is on the same side as the tips in on a PE the pipe is on the OPPOSITE SIDE.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #95
E90bedi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detour View Post
THE DUDE SOLD THE OP A FRIGGIN 330i EXHAUST! ROFL! I read his threads too, no where in any threads, says he owned a PE, either bought, or had in possession. I smell some fishy shit going on here.....
-_______- wow why cant incantana man up and admit he scammed me
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #96
///M3NACE
Banned
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E36 Vert , E90 N52

I believe OP! Can you prove you paid as a gift. Just that small info can go a long way if he indeed is a liar. I believe you. Karma is a B. if you got his plate number just post it on the web with his first last name . I remember on some diff forum guys info went all over the web and probably ruined his life. Again do it at your own risk. I hate deceiving people. Exhaust looks pretty damn nice for the stock one.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #97
E90bedi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihsanshaik View Post
I believe OP! Can you prove you paid as a gift. Just that small info can go a long way if he indeed is a liar. I believe you. Karma is a B. if you got his plate number just post it on the web with his first last name . I remember on some diff forum guys info went all over the web and probably ruined his life. Again do it at your own risk. I hate deceiving people. Exhaust looks pretty damn nice for the stock one.
i think i can take a screen shot of my paypal? i know his first and last name you think i should?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #98
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
it doesnt seem like he is making an attempt to resolve this. If i got scammed I would want to find the guy personally
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #99
NGEE
Fuck it dude, let's go bowling.
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
i think i can take a screen shot of my paypal? i know his first and last name you think i should?
Absolutely not. Let's all relax and give the seller a chance to explain what happened. I think he just made a mistake. He's been on here a while and I'm sure will want to make things right. Give him some time to catch up and respond.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #100
E90bedi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Absolutely not. Let's all relax and give the seller a chance to explain what happened. I think he just made a mistake. He's been on here a while and I'm sure will want to make things right. Give him some time to catch up and respond.
+1
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #101
E90bedi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNate View Post
it doesnt seem like he is making an attempt to resolve this. If i got scammed I would want to find the guy personally
dude he lives flying distance from jersey. ive tried what i can. lol trust me if he was around me i would go after him personally.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #102
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
im not saying you havent man, just making suggestions lol, perhaps someone on here knows him and can convince him to man up
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #103
incantana
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 Z06/Z07 3LZ; 2008 E93 M3

im not avoiding this forum. I have a job and things I do during the day. I never bought this exhaust with the car. I bought this NEW from a guy off craigslist here who had an e92 and accidently purchased the exhaust for his car. I paid over 1500 for the whole thing and had it installed. This morning I went back through the emails sent back and forth between myself and this guy. This guy told me it was a PE and it did look like pics I have seen of a PE. Guy even had a receipt for it but I didnt keep it. I had it installed and it was louder than my stock exhaust but not as loud as I wanted and I wasnt fond of the sound. I eventually took it off my car and left it in storage. I never though I had been srewed as Im just use to guys in this community being honest. Ive never been screwed on a deal. Then I decided to simply cut out my rewelded stock muffler and just go that route aka "muffler delete". I suppose it is possible that I was scammed by this guy years back but it really looked and sounded different than my stock exhaust. I kept it in storge for awhile until I ran across this guy who was looking for a PE. Then I remembered that I had one. I never actively advertised that this exhaust was for sale and thats why I had no pics. When I facetimed this guy I literally just got it out of storage and then facetimed him a vid because we were already texting. He liked what he saw so I sent him the exhaust. I only saw this thread and these issues the other day. Obviosuly my first reaction was this is total BS! I paid good money for this thing and now this guy wants to screw me! It seems so easy to simply buy my PE and then complain and get a refund and send me back whatever you took off your car. I didnt want to be scammed. Now looking back over my previous emails with this guy from CL, it does seem as if I may have been taken. I dont really know or have any way of knowing. I never took pics and I was always under the assumption that it was a PE. I listed it for cheap because my exhaust had been used for awhile. Im no exhaust expert or mechanical expert. I had it used and welded and cut up. I figured it was worth around 500 if i really tried to sell it but I was willing to let it go for 330 just to be done with it.

Edit** Also, I have no idea who this donkey guy is. But thnaks for the help on this.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #104
incantana
Captain
Rep

Quote:
dude he lives flying distance from jersey. ive tried what i can. lol trust me if he was around me i would go after him personally.
Also, im not in the business of scamming people. Check out my ebay profile. I have a STERLING record on there. Why would I risk my reputation over a few hundred bucks?

Actually e90bedi will back this up: when I went to ship it to him the shipping was going to cost 50 bucks more than we thought. I told him he was free to back out of the deal since it would be more expensive than we had thought. He said no it was ok and went ahead with the deal anyway. If I was trying to screw this guy would I have given him the option for a full refund because shipping was 50 more bucks??? I actually was hoping he would back out of the deal because then I could feel good about selling it to someone for more $$$ because since I committed to sell it to him I had learned that a used PE was worth more than what I was selling it for. But he still wanted it so I honored our agreement.

One more thing, how the hell do you guys just go after someone calling them a scammer? You guys have jumped to so many conclusions on here it makes me sick. Ive been on here for years and have never had a problem. Ypu think I just morphed into a freak and decided one day id start to screw people? Ive been selling things on here for years. Some things have sold and some havent sold yet. Ive never screwed anyone over! And I certaintly never did so on purpose!!

Last edited by incantana; 01-25-2013 at 12:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #105
incantana
Captain
Rep

what happened to all the people in here....i reply to this and then everyone disappears?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #106
NGEE
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by incantana View Post
Also, im not in the business of scamming people. Check out my ebay profile. I have a STERLING record on there. Why would I risk my reputation over a few hundred bucks?

Exactly. I could tell from your history here that you weren't into scamming - that's obvious. The whole thing just seemed to scream "misunderstanding".

So have you made E90BEDI whole again? If so, I'll be waiting to see him post that all is good and everything is cleared.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #107
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
im not avoiding this forum. I have a job and things I do during the day. I never bought this exhaust with the car. I bought this NEW from a guy off craigslist here who had an e92 and accidently purchased the exhaust for his car. I paid over 1500 for the whole thing and had it installed. This morning I went back through the emails sent back and forth between myself and this guy. This guy told me it was a PE and it did look like pics I have seen of a PE. Guy even had a receipt for it but I didnt keep it. I had it installed and it was louder than my stock exhaust but not as loud as I wanted and I wasnt fond of the sound. I eventually took it off my car and left it in storage. I never though I had been srewed as Im just use to guys in this community being honest. Ive never been screwed on a deal. Then I decided to simply cut out my rewelded stock muffler and just go that route aka "muffler delete". I suppose it is possible that I was scammed by this guy years back but it really looked and sounded different than my stock exhaust. I kept it in storge for awhile until I ran across this guy who was looking for a PE. Then I remembered that I had one. I never actively advertised that this exhaust was for sale and thats why I had no pics. When I facetimed this guy I literally just got it out of storage and then facetimed him a vid because we were already texting. He liked what he saw so I sent him the exhaust. I only saw this thread and these issues the other day. Obviosuly my first reaction was this is total BS! I paid good money for this thing and now this guy wants to screw me! It seems so easy to simply buy my PE and then complain and get a refund and send me back whatever you took off your car. I didnt want to be scammed. Now looking back over my previous emails with this guy from CL, it does seem as if I may have been taken. I dont really know or have any way of knowing. I never took pics and I was always under the assumption that it was a PE. I listed it for cheap because my exhaust had been used for awhile. Im no exhaust expert or mechanical expert. I had it used and welded and cut up. I figured it was worth around 500 if i really tried to sell it but I was willing to let it go for 330 just to be done with it.

Edit** Also, I have no idea who this donkey guy is. But thnaks for the help on this.
Ok so the right thing to do at this point would be to credit him the money back and have him send you the exhaust back (if you still want it).
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #108
incantana
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Exactly. I could tell from your history here that you weren't into scamming - that's obvious. The whole thing just seemed to scream "misunderstanding".

So have you made E90BEDI whole again? If so, I'll be waiting to see him post that all is good and everything is cleared.
Im almost at the point where Im willing to refund him part of the money to just make this thing go away but that still leaves me in the horrible position of still thinking I sold him a PE! Its not like I KNOW I didnt sell him a PE because I was completely confident that I had a PE! I paid over 1500 for this thing! So at the end of this whole thing Im supposed to give him some of his $ back and just walk away wondering if I got screwed??? Whats the fair thing to do here??
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #109
NGEE
Rep

Quote:
Im almost at the point where Im willing to refund him part of the money to just make this thing go away but that still leaves me in the horrible position of still thinking I sold him a PE! Its not like I KNOW I didnt sell him a PE because I was completely confident that I had a PE! I paid over 1500 for this thing! So at the end of this whole thing Im supposed to give him some of his $ back and just walk away wondering if I got screwed??? Whats the fair thing to do here??
There are two scenarios here. One, you thought you had a PE and sold it to BEDI, but now you realize it wasn't a PE. It's pretty clear what a PE is, if you read through this thread (I didn't know what a PE was, until I read this thread).

Two, you did have a PE and sold it to him, and he has swapped it.

So given everything that's transpired, which one are you saying happened?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #110
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

I'm sorry but he deserves a full refund. You got scammed and didn not know the item you where selling was not a PE. I can understand your frustration but it is not fair to your client because you did claim to own a PE. The fact that the client did not know what a PE looks like exactly is not his fault since you as a seller claimed the item was in fact a PE. The fact that you didn't know the item was not a PE is neither here or there at this point. It is the responsibility of the seller to make sure that the item he is selling is in fact genuine.

I do feel for both you guys though, this was fucked up.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread