E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Boot carpet colour option

11-25-2012, 05:56 AM   #1
mistryn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

Boot carpet colour option

Did the E92 only came with grey boot carpet or was black an option?

I prefer to have black boot/arch carpets but from most of the e92 braking I have seen have only grey carpets?

Also does anyone know if such thing as carpet dye/spray exists?

I remember seeing years ago on wheeler dealers where they had a grey parcel shelf on a peugeot 205 and spray painted it black to mathc the interior. I dont really want to use normal spray in case of the smell coming through/burning the fabric because of the solvents etc
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2012, 08:01 AM   #2
Triggster
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 M Sport 330D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autoglym-B...item23193cc11b ?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2012, 08:13 AM   #3
mistryn
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggster View Post
Have you used this?
I presume I will need quite a few coats to get a even black colour?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 04:19 AM   #4
parrp
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 3er

I have used something similar but not on this scale and it covered a milk stain on carpet however the smell was quite strong. I would imagined you'll gas yourself if you do the whole boot!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 04:36 AM   #5
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

If you have a beige interior then you get beige boot carpet - but that's probably not what you're after

They probably avoid black fabrics as they show all marks and are very hard to keep clean.

Isn't the boot grey the same dark grey as your interior carpets? It is on mine - do you want to spray the interior ones too?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 05:32 AM   #6
#-JONAS-#
Private
Spain
Rep
Drives: E92 320D BLACK

I made a post similar to this a few weeks ago, but without luck, I have beige interior but grey boot interior and it's getting on my nerves because the carpets inside the car is black so I've got a tricolour.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 06:48 AM   #7
mistryn
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrp View Post
I have used something similar but not on this scale and it covered a milk stain on carpet however the smell was quite strong. I would imagined you'll gas yourself if you do the whole boot!
I plan to to remove the carpet and wheel arch carpet and spray them outside so hopefully wont kill myself in thep rocess

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
If you have a beige interior then you get beige boot carpet - but that's probably not what you're after

They probably avoid black fabrics as they show all marks and are very hard to keep clean.

Isn't the boot grey the same dark grey as your interior carpets? It is on mine - do you want to spray the interior ones too?
I have got saddle brown interior, black carpet and grey boot carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-JONAS-# View Post
I made a post similar to this a few weeks ago, but without luck, I have beige interior but grey boot interior and it's getting on my nerves because the carpets inside the car is black so I've got a tricolour.
Similar position to you and likewise really annoying me as I have boot trays that were grey but I have sprayed them gloss black and would like the carpet to match
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2013, 03:35 AM   #8
randygarciargg
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
Did the E92 only came with grey boot carpet or was black an option?

I prefer to have black boot/arch
Carpet cleaning brisbane but from most of the e92 braking I have seen have only grey carpets?

Also does anyone know if such thing as carpet dye/spray exists?

I remember seeing years ago on wheeler dealers where they had a grey parcel shelf on a peugeot 205 and spray painted it black to mathc the interior. I dont really want to use normal spray in case of the
Carpet Cleaning Sunshine Coast smell coming through/burning the fabric because of the solvents etc
hello Mistryn

I have been searching for online stores selling car carpets sprays. Can you help me out, it would be great if you tell me some good online stores

Last edited by randygarciargg; 04-07-2013 at 11:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2013, 03:38 AM   #9
mistryn
Colonel
Rep

so far i can only see dye'ing the carpet as an option, there are quite a few black dye's on ebay but I have decided for the time being to leave it as it is as i am a bit scared of messing it up

Maybe if I can get my hand on another bootcarpet may give it a try..
Appreciate 0