E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Just got back from Europe.

08-06-2011, 02:44 PM   #23
AndyzDad
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Canada may be better when compared to Europe but it's definitely more expensive when compared to the US - lesser opportunities, higher taxes, less pay in my profession & definitely higher cost of living.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 03:31 PM   #24
MOAB
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche & BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyzDad View Post
Canada may be better when compared to Europe but it's definitely more expensive when compared to the US - lesser opportunities, higher taxes, less pay in my profession & definitely higher cost of living.
Canada has 1/10th the population. But we do have a better credit rating than the U.S. Have fun with your AA+ rating
      08-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #25
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZURICH View Post
you guys don't know or realise how lucky you are! I live in Switzerland, originally from UK, last port of call Venezuela. It is sooooo expensive here I drive 2 hours just to go food shopping in Germany,new price on a stacked 320 here can be 65 grand I know the salaries here are the best in Europe by a long way but we still have to watch the pennies, OK, you will need to be sitting for this one..................... are you ready? A burger fries and a coke at Burger king will set you back 15 bucks or at Macdonalds 12 bucks this may give you guys a fresh look at the great time we are having "NOT" Yours enviously. Kev

Me in Zurich last week
haha yeah, you live in one of the most expensive places in the world! I do business in Zurich, and I have family in Geneva....Switzerland is crazy expensive...though they have similar health care benefits to Canada. One of the main reasons my cousin is moving to Geneva from London. Geneva is a much better place to raise a child than downtown London.

But yeah, you live in a premium place, you pay a premium price.

But I understand your pain. I used to complain how expensive London was...until I visited Geneva for the first time. Though its really beautiful there!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #26
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyzDad View Post
Depends on the profession. My architectural office gets tons of resumes from US Architects that are out of work. Canada is doing much better in comparison. Nothing but horror stories in the US within the architectural world.

I would also have to say, while my salary is not 100K + (rarely is in architecture unless I am fully licensed and in my 40's - 50's), its much better than the average 50k people my age are getting (30 years old), and in the US the average is around 40K IF you are lucky enough to find a job.

Eight years of University and making 40-50k a year? That's just suicidal.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #27
ZURICH
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E91 320d Touring M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok_2011 View Post
haha yeah, you live in one of the most expensive places in the world! I do business in Zurich, and I have family in Geneva....Switzerland is crazy expensive...though they have similar health care benefits to Canada. One of the main reasons my cousin is moving to Geneva from London. Geneva is a much better place to raise a child than downtown London.

But yeah, you live in a premium place, you pay a premium price.

But I understand your pain. I used to complain how expensive London was...until I visited Geneva for the first time. Though its really beautiful there!
You are nut wrong about the stunning cities and countryside, all packed into such a small country, yes it is very expensive here but the upside is when we go on vacation everywhere is sooooo cheap just a shame I am so busy, have not had a vacation for over a year now

One of the beautiful lakes near Interlaken.
Attached Images

M Sport Package, (PDC), front / rear, Cruise control
Mystic Blue Metallic, Beige Dakota leather, Alarm,
Automatic transmission, Panoramic glass roof, Heated Seats, Lumbar etc etc
"I don't Fuck around but when I do, I dont fuck around"
Appreciate 0