E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Wierd clicking noise when turning car off.

08-27-2012, 07:26 AM   #1
Sejo5
Sejo5
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Comp

Wierd clicking noise when turning car off.

Guys,

I just installed the flex fuel cable and updated the Jb4 to the latest firmware offered, and now when turning the car on… it idles fine and no codes are being thrown. But I feel like the car is hesitating in low Rpms when I try to let’s say get out of parking. While driving the car is fine and pulls great I did not add E85 in the car yet. But when I park the car and turn it off I hear a loud distinct “Click click click” which was never there before. It sounds exactly like the battery is dead and you can’t turn the car over and you get the “click click” noise.

Anyone ever experience this ? Could it be the flex fuel cable causing this? I don’t see how? I made sure the connections were good and the blue wire knots are on tight and make good contact. But it’s getting a little frustrating as this is something i haven’t heard before.

Thanks again.
      04-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #2
hookandpull
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan

Did you ever figure this out? Because I am getting the same thing out of nowhere as well.... I think it has to do with whenever the car locked or when you open the door after its been locked.
19" DPE GT7's, BMS DCI, AA 3" catless downpipes, AE catless catback, JB4 G5, ETS 7" FMIC, AR Charpipe with dual -10 meth injector bungs, HFS4 Aquamist meth kit, Alpina TCU flash, M3 pedals, LED interior kit...
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
Sejo5
Sejo5
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookandpull View Post
Did you ever figure this out? Because I am getting the same thing out of nowhere as well.... I think it has to do with whenever the car locked or when you open the door after its been locked.
I have not figured it out, i just lived with it and it does have to do something when the car is locked and being unlocked its like a rapid click click noise. Im going to be taking the car eventually to the dealership to get it checked out but im going to have to return everything back to stock before i do so.