E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Jaguar I-Pace: What's the i5 should have been.

11-15-2016, 06:15 PM   #1
Paul-Bracq-BMW
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1981 323i, sports M5, LSD

Jaguar I-Pace: What's the i5 should have been.

You can be an electric car and still be beautiful: the new Jaguar I-Pace shows it. BMW should revise the look of their i5 (based on the leaked patent designs) in order to compete.

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/11/new...crossover.html
      11-15-2016, 06:27 PM   #2
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-Bracq-BMW View Post
You can be an electric car and still be beautiful: the new Jaguar I-Pace shows it. BMW should revise the look of their i5 (based on the leaked patent designs) in order to compete.

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/11/new...crossover.html
It could be its still to early to tell what the I5 will be, again this is BMW 2nd gen I car and I think they will have plenty of time to play with Telsa and the new battery options.

I think BMW has a good thing going especially with the light weight of I-cars vs the competition. I doubt the I5 will be a failure as they have had time to refine it, just as the next gen I8 should be bonkers.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 11:32 PM   #3
dzvero
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M$4 F82

It looks cool,some similarity with i3 and i8 but looks better than i3 and i8 imho .
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 01:01 PM   #4
supra93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4, E500, Supra, RX7

Jaguar’s Tesla Model X-Rivalling I-PACE Electric Crossover Concept Wears Red For Geneva

Quote:
The Jaguar I-PACE Concept is set to make its European debut on March 7th at the Geneva Motor Show, showcasing a new color called Photon Red.

Unveiled last year during the LA Auto Show, the I-PACE Concept is meant to represent a new era for Jaguar, teasing the brand's first-ever electric model, expected to arrive sometime next year. It's a sports crossover that places it against the Tesla Model X.

"The I-PACE Concept is a radical departure for electric vehicles. It represents the next generation of battery electric vehicle design. It's a dramatic, future-facing design - the product of authentic Jaguar DNA matched with beautiful, premium details and British craftsmanship," said design boss Ian Callum.

"This isn't just a concept. It is a preview of a five-seat production car that will be on the road in 2018. This will be Jaguar's first-ever battery-powered electric vehicle and opens a new chapter in the history of our legendary brand."

In terms of performance, the British automaker said that the I-PACE needs just 4 seconds in order to hit 60 mph (96 km/h) from a stand still. The concept is powered by two electric motors, one for each axle, combining for 400 HP and 700 Nm (516 lb-ft) of torque - resulting in a targeted 500 km (310 mile) driving range.

Unlike the LA Auto Show car, the Geneva-bound I-PACE Concept will be wearing Photon Red, a brand new color that looks particularly difficult to miss.
http://www.carscoops.com/2017/03/jag...ng-i-pace.html

Appreciate 0