E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Luxury Auto Xchange feedback

09-28-2011, 09:53 PM   #287
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmaji View Post
I can bet you anything this guy is someone from Luxury Auto Exchange. I have done some extensive research on this place. What they do is purchase cars that were in an accident but with a clean title, repair it and sell it as never been in an accident. AVOID them. George Chiarelli, Joe Rimicci. George calls himself the general manager but he is the owner. Don't believe me? check the registration of their website's url.
They're also a major pipeline for Cali lemons.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2011, 02:28 PM   #288
Capt Awesome
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 335i Msport

So I'm looking at buying a 2009 e90 M3 from them... Yes I've read the previous 13 pages of posts... But also realize that people are more inclined to post bad experiences rather than good experiences, so I'm guessing that not every car they sell is terrible.

The Carfax and Autocheck seem clean to me.
http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...PM93519E201123
Low (9600) miles, and the pictures look great. I'm local and was planning on seeing the car in person and then if I decide to purchase, to get an inspection done first.

Does anyone see any problems with that Carfax report? The autocheck was very similar, except it only had 2 of the 4 records reported in the Carfax.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #289
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Rule of thumb is a car is a car - if you inspect and it's clean & straight, and is represented fairly, I personally don't care where I buy the car from. However, if there's anything to take away from the thread is that in many instances, the cars at LAX are misrepresented
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2011, 03:06 PM   #290
Capt Awesome
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Rule of thumb is a car is a car - if you inspect and it's clean & straight, and is represented fairly, I personally don't care where I buy the car from. However, if there's anything to take away from the thread is that in many instances, the cars at LAX are misrepresented
Thanks, that's the general feeling that I was getting with this thread.

I just didn't know if it was possible to doctor a Carfax and Autocheck report. I'm just trying to cover all my bases before going through with this.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2011, 03:08 PM   #291
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
I'm sure its possible to doctor those, as well as consider those only reflect anything that's been reported. Neither document is enough to give a car a "clear history." Always do a PPI or take it somewhere you trust to have it done
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2011, 03:29 PM   #292
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [7.96]
Remember not everything is reported to carfax. Definitely get a PPI done if you're considering it.
      10-03-2011, 04:13 PM   #293
Ricer X
noted crusty old man
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a man late for work

Garage List
2007 335i  [6.76]
What they said. My only advice is this...

You don't see any other recent (like last 2 years) about any other dealers. That should tell you something.

Why you would take a chance to save a nominal amount of money is beyond me but you are a big boy. I hope it works out for you.
      10-03-2011, 04:17 PM   #294
Capt Awesome
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricer X View Post
What they said. My only advice is this...

You don't see any other recent (like last 2 years) about any other dealers. That should tell you something.

Why you would take a chance to save a nominal amount of money is beyond me but you are a big boy. I hope it works out for you.
Thanks for the advice. Not really looking at this car to save a nominal amount of money. It's more along the lines of that I can't find any 2009+ e90 DCTs in LeMans blue with the options I want. The very low mileage is an added bonus. If there were more of these around, I'd definitely be taking other dealers into consideration.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 10:17 AM   #295
zhangzeyuandss
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3, 911 GTS manual,F80,G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Awesome View Post
Thanks for the advice. Not really looking at this car to save a nominal amount of money. It's more along the lines of that I can't find any 2009+ e90 DCTs in LeMans blue with the options I want. The very low mileage is an added bonus. If there were more of these around, I'd definitely be taking other dealers into consideration.
everything aside.. still keep on looking at the same time..I've personal experience with them , to be really honest, I wouldn't go back. But if it really is a good deal,by all means get it.

2011.5 mineral white e92 zcp 6mt m3
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 02:35 PM   #296
TheDonClark
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
So I'm looking at buying a 2009 e90 M3 from them... Yes I've read the previous 13 pages of posts... But also realize that people are more inclined to post bad experiences rather than good experiences, so I'm guessing that not every car they sell is terrible.

The Carfax and Autocheck seem clean to me.
http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...PM93519E201123
Low (9600) miles, and the pictures look great. I'm local and was planning on seeing the car in person and then if I decide to purchase, to get an inspection done first.

Does anyone see any problems with that Carfax report? The autocheck was very similar, except it only had 2 of the 4 records reported in the Carfax.

Thanks!

The fact that the first entry is 5/09/2011 when the car is a model year 2009 is a big red flag. Every carfax I've looked at has always had data from all the way back until the car was manufactured. The first person to buy/lease this car when it had 0 miles in 2008/2009 had to have done it from a BMW dealership and there would be a record of this sale and the transfer of title on the carfax. It's easy to try to ignore the pages and pages of people complaining about this dealership b/c they have the perfect car taht you've been searching for and you look at pictures of it and think about it and your mind is inclined to think that 'this car is alright, it's the one!'
I would recommend you take a step back and try to ignore the fact that this car is perfect and think about the tens of thousands of dollars you're about to hand over to a dealership that is widely known for selling lemons and that the first record of this car on the carfax is 'sold at auction' over 2 years since it was originally sold to someone - sounds very fishy
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #297
Capt Awesome
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDonClark View Post
The fact that the first entry is 5/09/2011 when the car is a model year 2009 is a big red flag. Every carfax I've looked at has always had data from all the way back until the car was manufactured. The first person to buy/lease this car when it had 0 miles in 2008/2009 had to have done it from a BMW dealership and there would be a record of this sale and the transfer of title on the carfax. It's easy to try to ignore the pages and pages of people complaining about this dealership b/c they have the perfect car taht you've been searching for and you look at pictures of it and think about it and your mind is inclined to think that 'this car is alright, it's the one!'
I would recommend you take a step back and try to ignore the fact that this car is perfect and think about the tens of thousands of dollars you're about to hand over to a dealership that is widely known for selling lemons and that the first record of this car on the carfax is 'sold at auction' over 2 years since it was originally sold to someone - sounds very fishy
Solved the mystery, it's actually a former performance center car. Therefore, it wasn't really titled to anyone and there aren't any previous records to it going at auction. Also explains why it looks so new; they replaced pretty much everything on the car because the performance center beats the crap out of them.

99% sure I'm going to pass this one up unless they can throw in an extended warranty and cut the price by 20%... which they won't do. Oh well, doesn't mean I can't go for a test drive.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 08:07 AM   #298
IgoogledIT
Registered
Rep
Drives: Lookin for project

Hey guys, just want to say, came across this after finding these guys on autotrader. Was looking for a z32 twin turbo project car. so I have to super careful anyway in dealing with reputable people, because lets face it. 300zx TTs are made to be abused and their limits meant to be pushed. I found a deal that was almost too good to be true. I am steering clear. Chicago is too great of a city for this kinda of jazz to keep muckin up the already rusty reputation chitown has for corruption....

Yeah, found it on google. thanks. might have averted a major disaster here.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 09:08 AM   #299
Ricer X
noted crusty old man
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a man late for work

Garage List
2007 335i  [6.76]
score
      10-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #300
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [7.96]
      11-09-2011, 05:51 PM   #301
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Glad I read this post... saved me a potential headache from making a purchase from them!
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 08:26 PM   #302
e92ben
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 BMW 635csi

Haha don't ever buy shit from them!!! All those dealer like luxury motors and Lux auto X are
Sooooo shady

e92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2011, 11:48 AM   #303
csav330
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i

Bought my 330 from them last year. Had my pops pick it up because I had to work. The lied that it was still covered under warranty. On the website the car had floor mats. When my dad came home with it no floor mats to be found. Called them up and they said they had them cleaned and would send them to me. After that they never returned any calls. Little shit like that makes me think how much bigger shit they hide besides selling lemons.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 11:31 PM   #304
dex
Rep
Drives: x6

Glad I found this thread. I was going to order an X6 from them, decently priced (around 60k) with fairly low mileage and good options. But something about George didn't jive. Too pushy, kinda rude, and insisted that it was "company policy" not to discuss the terms of the deal in writing (via email), only over the phone. That seemed rather odd to me, raised a red flag actually, so I decided to do some checking. And this thread was the first result I found in Google. An informative read, I have to say.

Obviously, I'm not going to take a chance now. It pays to trust one's suspicions when dealing with people. And by the way, really, company policy?? you own the company and can't list the terms in writing because "your company policy will not allow you to"?? Give me a break.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 01:24 PM   #305
irfan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i XDrive Coupe 6M

Son of a Bitch. Not reading this thread 2 months ago cost me $8K.

I bought an X5 from them for a good price (first red flag, my fault I know). $49300 vehicle, KBB lists around $53k.. I figure home run. Over the phone they DID mention that the car had been "used by BMW" and never titled... they also mentioned over the phone that the nav screen was a little damaged on the surface (accurate assessment) , and that a few body panels had been fixed and painted... "probably some minor door dings and the like"...

Got the car, Nav screen was as described, no biggie. During the paperwork they showed me the disclosure that the car had body/paint work done at BMW, they showed me page one, I didnt notice it said "page 1 of 2".

Joe and New were both very nice individuals actually... didnt mean George though.

I did not have the car inspected since it was all under warranty and had a clean carfax.

I email another BMW dealer inquiring about a trade a few weeks since they had one with Nappa leather... Im really just putting a feeler out there and not serious about it... but they run the VIN and tell me there is a $15,000 disclosure on the vehicle and the car has been repainted top to bottom. Im a little annoyed with this discovery, but he does state that the price I paid is still "fair" considering this.

I emailed George and he emails me documents (I initialed every document shown to me) and he emailed page one and TWO of the disclosure, page TWO stating the total body work was worth $15000. I let him know that I was never presented page 2 (proof of this since I did not initial that page) and had I seen that I would have walked away from the deal. I ask him to take the vehicle back, he refuses. I consider a lawyer, I dont move forward with it.

I take the car in to have the tailgate fixed (it wasnt going down from the maximum position automatically... from postions 1-5 it works fine, from 6 it wouldnt... BMW dealer tells me that the car was hit in the rear pretty hard and shows me the repair areas, and says tailagate is not warrantied because it was in an accident.

Im furious.

Now, Id love to get a lawyer involved and force them to take the car back, but i really dont want to go through the effort. A local dealer offered $43k for it.. I paid $49K. $6K hit in 2 months (plus tax... but cant control that). Wholesale values around $42K, cant sell to Carmax for higher because its been painted. Im tempted to eat the cost and be done with the vehicle. Its been weighing heavily on my conscience, and I dont want to sell to a private seller because thats not fair to the buyer.

Stay away from the sleazes there.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 01:36 PM   #306
irfan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i XDrive Coupe 6M

Quote:
Solved the mystery, it's actually a former performance center car. Therefore, it wasn't really titled to anyone and there aren't any previous records to it going at auction. Also explains why it looks so new; they replaced pretty much everything on the car because the performance center beats the crap out of them.

99% sure I'm going to pass this one up unless they can throw in an extended warranty and cut the price by 20%... which they won't do. Oh well, doesn't mean I can't go for a test drive.
Oh ya mine was a performance center one also. FML. They are not eligible for CPO btw.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #307
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
I bet L.A.X. will have some brand new fresh inventory in the coming weeks after Sandy is finished with the East coast.

Oh look theres Luca now picking up a new 550i M sport from NY.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #308
///M3NACE
Banned
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E36 Vert , E90 N52

My friends dad just picked a 06 m6 from them at 15k....The price was priced to sell. I went there one time and they are pretty sketchy.
Appreciate 0