E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > M Tech E92 Front Bar Options

09-25-2012, 05:18 AM   #1
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

M Tech E92 Front Bar Options

Eventually I shall purchase a m tech front bar to update the look of my ride but I'm curious to know a few things from you guys

1. Who is the best supplier to purchase a genuine m tech bar from and whats the going rate?

2. Are the taiwanese copy bars really as good as a lot of US based forum members say they are (I read they don't have the provision for an oil cooler which I believe all Aust model 335's came with?)

3. I have seen a few space grey cars where the front bar didnt match the rest of the body, is this colour difficult to match like white?

4. Can anyone recommend a painter to spray and fit it in newcastle/Syndey area (I know a few painters, but they mainly do Jap cars and I have read the BMW's require a specific type of paint?)
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

1. best to check with all the usual suspects for your bmw suppliers in the states and europe.
2. no idea, although jason from eurodivision (check the classifieds section) is a reliable suplier and can most likely help you out
3. shit painters ??? no harder than any other car to paint
4. again not a biggie its paint afterall and any reputable painter should be ok. if you are really fussy and want to drive down to sydney then 'north shore collision centre' are bmw's preferred body shop. the hectic is there every second week getting shit fixed
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #3
MO3
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: DCT M3

A full M Sport body kit (front and rear bumpers and side skirts) is being fitted to my space grey E92 by Northshore Collision Centre in Artarmon. I ordered it from Jason @ Euro Division. I'll let you know how it fits and post pics once I get the car back hopefully soonish!
      09-25-2012, 09:12 PM   #4
lz419
Shaunny.L
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 20d / R33 GTST

Garage List
2009 BMW 320d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MO3 View Post
A full M Sport body kit (front and rear bumpers and side skirts) is being fitted to my space grey E92 by Northshore Collision Centre in Artarmon. I ordered it from Jason @ Euro Division. I'll let you know how it fits and post pics once I get the car back hopefully soonish!
would like to see that too!

K&N 57i, CRD-t , BE by Breyton 19', smurf with matte white interior, tune pedalbox, MD...almost there...
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 10:38 PM   #5
Ninjaoz
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: E39 540i, E90 320d,F15 30d

Garage List
2011 BMW 320d  [10.00]
you still haven't got your car back yet MO3? shit man..it has been a while.

yes, looking fwd to the msport transformation!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 11:05 PM   #6
Scootah
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CP

Dr J

Ive ordered a few things from Jason from Euro divsion

Wheels (Gtc)
Grills
Front Aerolip for e92 (Non M Sport)

Quality of all the items has been good
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 11:57 PM   #7
BMJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
Eventually I shall purchase a m tech front bar to update the look of my ride but I'm curious to know a few things from you guys

1. Who is the best supplier to purchase a genuine m tech bar from and whats the going rate?

2. Are the taiwanese copy bars really as good as a lot of US based forum members say they are (I read they don't have the provision for an oil cooler which I believe all Aust model 335's came with?)

3. I have seen a few space grey cars where the front bar didnt match the rest of the body, is this colour difficult to match like white?

4. Can anyone recommend a painter to spray and fit it in newcastle/Syndey area (I know a few painters, but they mainly do Jap cars and I have read the BMW's require a specific type of paint?)
when i have the extra dosh, i will be calling Jason at euroD for one of his M tech kits. they look very good.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 11:58 PM   #8
BMJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO3 View Post
+1 for how it fits
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 12:01 AM   #9
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

1. Jason @ ED
2. Yes the Taiwanese stuff these days is very good quality
3. Space grey is indeed a hard colour to match. Especially at the front - you've got a polyurethane bumper, plastic guards and a metal bonnet... ideally you want the whole front 'blended' where the bumper guards and bonnet gets sprayed as does part of the doors and the new bumper is indistinguishable... however this adds to the cost.
4. A straight up spraying of bumper should be $350-400 to paint and fit.
Appreciate 0