E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > iDrive keeps resetting after software update - anyone has a clue ?

03-25-2010, 08:36 AM   #1
cstavaru
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i M Sport Sedan 6MT

iDrive keeps resetting after software update - anyone has a clue ?

Hi,

Before installing the ACM module in my car, the dealer updated the iDrive software among other things. Just after the upgrade and before installing anything, the iDrive started to reboot every few minutes. The dealer filed a BMW support request in Germany and is waiting for a resolution (the dealer apparently cannot do a software rollback, only BMW headquarters can do this), but I wonder if anyone of you has a clue about this or had this happen ?

Thanks !
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2010, 08:42 AM   #2
Bimmer This
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru View Post
Hi,

Before installing the ACM module in my car, the dealer updated the iDrive software among other things. Just after the upgrade and before installing anything, the iDrive started to reboot every few minutes. The dealer filed a BMW support request in Germany and is waiting for a resolution (the dealer apparently cannot do a software rollback, only BMW headquarters can do this), but I wonder if anyone of you has a clue about this or had this happen ?

Thanks !
You might have better luck in the i-Drive forum.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2010, 09:30 AM   #3
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
i have the same problem, but mine doesnt do it ever couple minutes, it will do it a few hours and everything that has to do with idrive stops working and only way to reset it is letting it reboot itself, still waitingfor a fix as wll
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2010, 12:49 PM   #4
rismo
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335

I have something similair... my Idrive is "hanging" within screens... sometimes it takes 5-15 seconds before a certain screen is available... within screens, it now and then takes moments before I can start moving my "cursor"...

A real reboot of the Idrive I did not experience sofar... I'm running the "old" idrive by the way....
BMW 335 E92 09 - Full options - DKG - MHD by Buraq - RB Next Gen - RB Inlets/Outlet - Forge Diverter Valves - AR Catless DP - Afe Intake - Helix IC - FuelIT Stage 2 LPFP - Ar Oil Cooler - PPK Water Cooler - M3 Suspension - JRZ RS1 Shocks - Eibach Pro Springs - Drexler LSD - BMW IS Exhaust - Carbon Endurance Brake Pads - Stainless Steel Brake Lines - M101 Wheels - Michelin PS2 - M-Tech Body - M-Strutbar
BMW M550i G30 2019 - BM3
Appreciate 0