E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > metallic sound

07-18-2012, 05:40 AM   #1
n54gte
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: prius

metallic sound

I've been noticing that whenever I press on the gas pedal slightly, I can hear a sound coming from underneath the car. This happens in map 5 which I'm currently using for daily driving. It gets louder if I change it to Map 2 and especially map 7. The sound is kind of like a wastegate rattle sound but it just happens whenever I press on the gas. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #2
USAF Rick
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 08 335i e92

I'm still a new member to the bimmer scene and I don't know how experienced you are with the bimmer, but I have had a similar problem with my car. I called some shops and they basically said a leak in vacuum lines can cause these rattles. So I looked around and found two cracked vacuum lines right underneath the engine cover and replaced it myself. Just in case you didn't know about that, that could also be in issue?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #3
n54gte
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF Rick View Post
I'm still a new member to the bimmer scene and I don't know how experienced you are with the bimmer, but I have had a similar problem with my car. I called some shops and they basically said a leak in vacuum lines can cause these rattles. So I looked around and found two cracked vacuum lines right underneath the engine cover and replaced it myself. Just in case you didn't know about that, that could also be in issue?
I'm a new member aswell and I guess I will take a look at those vacuum lines or maybe I'll have my friend try to diagnose the problem. And hey I see you're located in SD aswell
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 08:05 PM   #4
USAF Rick
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 08 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan313 View Post
I'm a new member aswell and I guess I will take a look at those vacuum lines or maybe I'll have my friend try to diagnose the problem. And hey I see you're located in SD aswell
Yuup! Only on the weekends though haha. I stay in Riverside during the weekedays for work then I make my way down to SD during the weekends to hang out with my friends and family.
Appreciate 0