E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > iPOD Interface

05-18-2007, 08:48 AM   #1
2GPP
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 335i M Sport

iPOD Interface

Got an iPod interface untit fitted to the wife's E46 325 convertible by Halfords. The interface unit is made by: www.connects2.com
They have a really good website and also do an interface kit for the E90. The fitting for the E46 took 1 hour and it uses the connection for the CD changer. The steering wheel controls work also and the head unit now "sees" the iPod as the CD changer. You can scroll through 6 playlists or click thru the entire iPod. It also charges the iPod and comes with a cradle, although I got it set up so the iPod sits inside the centre armrest as you do not need to touch the iPod once connected.
The cost £50 which included installation!
Not sure yet on the cost for an E90...guess it also depends on whether you want to fit it yourself or have a spotty kid from Halfords do it! There were no issues fitting it to the E46.
The Connects2 units can be ordered from Halfords as Connects2 only sell to suppliers. It is worth having a look at their website though for more info if you are interested.
      05-18-2007, 09:55 AM   #2
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2GPP View Post
Got an iPod interface untit fitted to the wife's E46 325 convertible by Halfords. The interface unit is made by: www.connects2.com
They have a really good website and also do an interface kit for the E90. The fitting for the E46 took 1 hour and it uses the connection for the CD changer. The steering wheel controls work also and the head unit now "sees" the iPod as the CD changer. You can scroll through 6 playlists or click thru the entire iPod. It also charges the iPod and comes with a cradle, although I got it set up so the iPod sits inside the centre armrest as you do not need to touch the iPod once connected.
The cost £50 which included installation!
Not sure yet on the cost for an E90...guess it also depends on whether you want to fit it yourself or have a spotty kid from Halfords do it! There were no issues fitting it to the E46.
The Connects2 units can be ordered from Halfords as Connects2 only sell to suppliers. It is worth having a look at their website though for more info if you are interested.
Sounds good, but I'm not convinced I would let halfords touch the MOST fibre optics in me e90.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2007, 11:01 AM   #3
2GPP
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 335i M Sport

Yes, I don't blame you especially as you have idrive they could really stuff things up! I am going to get it done on my E90, only cause I do not have idrive and so it should be straightforward...I hope.
      05-18-2007, 01:39 PM   #4
silverbmwz3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: X5 g05

Garage List
That sounds like an amazing price. I'm amazed halford bother for fifty quid including the kit... They could charge 4 times that ?!
Appreciate 0