E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Price of car increased by £700

05-22-2007, 11:31 AM   #23
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzapb View Post
I signed the contract for £40285 without the OTR costs (i didn't know this at the time) - with VED @£190

Now the dealer has "revised" the contract for £41067 to include OTR (such as delivery £592, fuel £30, first reg fee £30, increase in VED £110. I haven't signed this contract yet.

Looking at the terms and conditions of sale i believe clause 6 applies, which gives me the right to cancel if the price of changes (non tax related) and they need to give my 14 days notice, he only told me the other week and tried to keep it quiet.

In the context of the cost of the car £700 is not that much, but I certainly would'nt want to lob 700 notes out of the window, which is what it feels like to me

Thanks
I am pleased to say that I have just spotted a massive hole in your dealers logic.

The 'on the road price' normally includes delivery, number plates, registration fees etc..

www.bmw.co.uk talk in terms of 'on the road prices' on their website:

http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/pricesand...-bmwuk,00.html

Really, if your agreement was not for an 'on the road price' it should clearly say so.

However I am certain it was an 'on the road price' because it clearly included road tax at the earlier rate.

He has only added the ADDITIONAL road tax, not the total cost, so my question to him would be why include road tax, but not registration costs.

This is simply bizarre, since you have to incur the registration costs first.
Appreciate 0