E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > beige interior

10-15-2013, 05:37 PM   #23
Kernel Kurtz
First Lieutenant

Drives: '11 e90 335xi SE 6mt

I had black in my last two cars, and oyster in my current one. I was skeptical at first, but it's not as bad as I thought to keep clean if you make a small effort, and it is definitely cooler after sitting in the sun.

I've never liked red myself - seems like an unnatural color for cowhide. I've seen black cows and brown cows, beige cows and white cows. Never red, green, or blue cows. :-)

But that's just me. To each their own.....(and yes, I know they are all dyed)
      10-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #24
Tom K.
Major General

Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2drive View Post
I have had 3 BMWs with beige or what BMW calls sand interior and I have had zero issues with keeping it clean or having wear. I am fairly careful but I don't give the sand interior anymore cleaning then the other cars I own...
My situation exactly - the beige leather interiors in my '99 E46, '03 Z4, and '07 E91 were/are given a conditioning with Zymöl Treat 3 or 4 times per year and look great.

Tom
Tom K. is offline   United_States
      10-15-2013, 06:21 PM   #25
ndjenks
Private First Class

Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi 6MT

I have the Beige Dakota Leather in my car and personally its really the only color I think that would look right in the car (outside of Saddle). But my circumstances are different as I am probably one of few with an E90 with Deep Green Metallic exterior. It doesn't get overly dirty, but it will not wear/age as nicely as like Black would. But find the car you like! Your gonna spend most time inside of it!
      10-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #26
ny325
Captain

Drives: E90 328i jet black spt pkg

Beige interior is not for me. I prefer saddle brown. I have black dakota, with jet black exterior. That's my preference.
ny325 is offline   United_States
      10-16-2013, 09:16 AM   #27
stevers314
packet jockey

Drives: 2011 335d M Sport

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel Kurtz View Post
I've never liked red myself - seems like an unnatural color for cowhide. I've seen black cows and brown cows, beige cows and white cows. Never red, green, or blue cows. :-)

But that's just me. To each their own.....(and yes, I know they are all dyed)
Dude, dying a cow is just plain mean.
      10-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #28
brinkmann
Major

Drives: '06 SGM 330i

Beige isn't my favorite color, but I do like the beige/blue combo- go for it!
      10-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #29
krhodes1
Captain

Drives: 2011 328i Wagon

Garage List
For me, one of the things that sets BMWs apart from the crowd is that they actually offer interesting interior colors. 95% of the cars out there have beige, black, or gray interiors. Brown, Chestnut, Red, or even Oyster are DIFFERENT. If you are going to get beige, might as well just get a Camry. Plus I too hate that if you get beige, EVERYTHING in the car is beige - would be better if it was two-tone like the more interesting colors. Same with gray.

But ultimately, what does it matter what the rest of us think? If you like it, buy it!
      10-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #30
AlexTopFitment
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhodes1 View Post
For me, one of the things that sets BMWs apart from the crowd is that they actually offer interesting interior colors. 95% of the cars out there have beige, black, or gray interiors. Brown, Chestnut, Red, or even Oyster are DIFFERENT. If you are going to get beige, might as well just get a Camry. Plus I too hate that if you get beige, EVERYTHING in the car is beige - would be better if it was two-tone like the more interesting colors. Same with gray.

But ultimately, what does it matter what the rest of us think? If you like it, buy it!
Assuming you're excluding the black steering wheel, dash, and wood trim?

Beige is pretty boring aside from the dash view, which has nice contrast. Only gripe I have is that the previous owner scuffed nearly everywhere which is very noticeable (white behind the beige). Generally it seems the interior is made of very poor quality materials that are easily damaged beyond repair.
      10-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #31
Eagle1oh7
Captain

Drives: '11 328i Sedan

Don't like Beige, plus it can stain easily, but it's not as austere which is a +.

FUTURE MODS: Eisenmann Full Cat-back Exhaust, OETuning ECU, MMW Headers, CF mirror caps, Bi-Xenon headlights, CF rooftop, CF lip
Eagle1oh7 is offline   United_States
      10-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #32
JustinGTP
Lieutenant

Drives: 2009 335i Sedan

The probably with the beige interior is that EVERYTHING IS BEIGE. It's a sea of beige.

I love my oyster because the seats are white and the rest is black. It has contrast. Plus, the seats look like theyre floating
      10-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #33
Roberto Cervezas
Private First Class

Drives: 2013 E92 335i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttbullet View Post
Looking to buy a 335i. Its monacco blue with beige interior. Would like to get some opinion on the combo specially the interior color.
Thanks
I dislike beige interiors, but this is your car and not mine. If you're the one writing the check/making payments, buy what you like and don't worry about what anyone else thinks.